Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

TX-5000+ Metal Pad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
|'.'|
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ES]Wakka Lakka wrote:

Actually there wasn't one way back when when I wrote that E15.gif

sorry my bad, I didnt know when the TX-6000 came out.
View users profile Send private message
Wakka Lakka
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway I discovered that these pads can be taken apart tonight. Its not for the squeamish however. You will need a screwdriver and a razor knife. Due to a manufacturing blunder, the wire to the up arrow will break during the process so you will have to crack the bottom open to fix that when you seal it up.

1. Remove all screws and the bar, unplug the thing.
2. Using the knife cut the foam on the bottom all the way around about 1/4 inch from the edge - you will find the place because the metal frame that holds the thing together is only about 1/4 inch thick (inside that is a wooden box which is the bulk of the 'stage')
3. Starting at the back, push down on the flat dance surface while pushing up on the bottom of the frame - it should begin to seperate.
4. Continue lifting until the frame comes all the way up - it wont come off because of the wire. The wire has a 'stopper' on the inside of the pad, but the wiring connecting it to the up arrow isn't even long enough to get to the 'stopper' so it breaks when you take the frame up.

As you can see the top surface is actually a piece of wood covered with a sheet of stainless steel. The circuitry is actually foil, but not copper. Overall the pad seem quite durable - I can't imagine the thing ever wearing out.

When you put it together, put the frame back on, but not all the way. In the front there is a slim wooden panel which covers the circuitry. Cut around it with the knife and then pry it off with a flat screwdriver. Inside you will see the disconnected wire (of course you should test it first to make sure it really is disconnected before you open it up laugh.gif ) Just use some stereo wire and electrical tape to patch it up.

Well that covers it, I opened mine up to look into the potential for an arcade-style mod. Not sure why anyone else would open it but now you know how. E4.gif
slewis78
Basic Member
Basic Member

62. PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: My TX-1000 quit working today Reply with quote

Dang, I've had my TX-1000 for over a year. And now, when I connect it to the PS2, its LEDs come on, but DDR2MAX doesn't respond -- it's like as if the controller isn't actually connected. I removed the extension cable and tried it direct, I also removed all the arrow pads and check for debris on the connectors (they're clean). Agan, it's getting power (the LEDs come on -- EXCEPT when I press SELECT, hmm).

This sucks. I connected my MyMyBox foam pads, and they work fine.

It would be cool if whoever makes the TX series (Arcade Box?) would offer an upgrade plan. Like if I wanted to get that TX-5000,t hey would give me a $50 credit or something for my 1000 (and THEY can fix it and resell it, recycle it, or do whatever).

I'd hate to toss out a $200 (at the time) controller, since when it was working, I had no problems with it. I haven't looked around at metal pads for over a year, since my TX-1000 worked just fine. So other than the TX-5000, what are other good pads (under $300 and that I won't have to mod and will hold up for a long time)?

OR if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix my TX-1000 -- or if anyone wants it, hey $50 E4.gif Or if anyone knows who I can e-mail about it.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Rynker
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dang, I've had my TX-1000 for over a year. And now, when I connect it to the PS2, its LEDs come on, but DDR2MAX doesn't respond -- it's like as if the controller isn't actually connected. I removed the extension cable and tried it direct, I also removed all the arrow pads and check for debris on the connectors (they're clean). Agan, it's getting power (the LEDs come on -- EXCEPT when I press SELECT, hmm).

I have a bluespark metal pad from ebay and that is same thing that happened to me. I played ITG and it said the controller was not connected. On ebay, it said it was a TX-1000, but on the top of the pad it clearly says bluespark.

So, I go to http://www.play-asia.com/, and get new control box. When I got the control box it looked different from the one I had, but on the website the picture was the same as mine. The control box had a "male" plug and so did the metal pad! frust.gif They both had pins in the plug. The next thing I did was get a gender changer. Plugged it up and it still didn't work. Just the left and the up arrow lit up and nothing responded. I don't know where to get a new control box for my metal pad.

This is what it was supposed to be http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-88-77-8-15-metal%2Bdancing-70-3hg.html#

This is what I got http://photobucket.com/albums/b211/bigairman/?action=view&current=sdf.jpg
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
koofu
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: haha Reply with quote

i just got a similar designed metal pad from BNS... it's called the Fusion pad, but it's not an arcade pad though, its more the regualr sized metal pad. The main difference in the pads is that there's no holding bar in the back, and its a bit thinner and portable. I love it, it works so well, and the best part of it is that there is no arrow panels, which means i can slide my feet from arrow to arrow easier without having to lift my leg up 'higher' for each step compared to a regular metal pad. I don't need to deal with taking out panels, none of the feet getting hurt from the rough arrow edges. You can even dance on it with your barefeet, or socks also, although socks are darn hard to dance with on a slippery metal pad, if you can do it and pass with AA, props to you! It does take getting used to though, but once you're in the groove, you'll catch onto how to dance with it, and it feels much eaiser. I just never expected to see it arcade style though. This pad looks like it'd be worth it if I had more money, but it's okay, I'm well satisfied with my regular metal pad =] But yeah, you guys should go check out the new BNS Fusion pad cuz in case i have trouble putting little mods on it, you guys would be able to help me out if you had it hahah riiight.gif ... anyways, k bye!

Patty cake, patty cake, microwave
These suckas make a square, damn I'm paid
I'm so cool, but I'm so hot, and I'm, I'm so fly, and you, you're so not
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
_sluimers_
Basic Member
Basic Member

65. PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ES]Wakka Lakka wrote:
Anyway I discovered that these pads can be taken apart tonight. Its not for the squeamish however. You will need a screwdriver and a razor knife. Due to a manufacturing blunder, the wire to the up arrow will break during the process so you will have to crack the bottom open to fix that when you seal it up.

Could you show me with pictures how exactly the steps are done? I need to repair my TX3000 as it registers the down arrow at the most unusual places.
Griesus
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, umm *thinks* $255 for a bad that breaks, or $300 for a CF that doesnt.....

Need I say more? E19.gif

Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually somewhat more complicated then that. I think the people that have them in Europe say that they're the best pads and they work fine. I think it's because most people in the States are buying them off of eBay, which usually is second hand.

Therefore, it's second hand and probably could of been damaged or broken prior to shipping out or selling out on eBay.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
koofu
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: ebay Reply with quote

hey look, its the mini tx5000 from BNS! LOL thats so weird, its the arcade version of my pad wooo

Last edited by koofu on Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total
koofu
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: ebay pads Reply with quote

St00pidBaka wrote:
It's actually somewhat more complicated then that. I think the people that have them in Europe say that they're the best pads and they work fine. I think it's because most people in the States are buying them off of eBay, which usually is second hand.

Therefore, it's second hand and probably could of been damaged or broken prior to shipping out or selling out on eBay.

if your going to shop on Ebay instead off of sites for pads, it'd be best to buy pads from retail stores on ebay, those are fresh new pads for an auction'd price also. Most power seller companies' have new pads at least.. =/

Wakka Lakka
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to the fellow that wanted pics of the dismanteled pad, I never took any, sorry. Like I said, not for the squeamish. It will go back together and it will still work, but unless you are used to taking things apart, I would not try it - I work on computers and cars all the time so I am used to that sort of thing. If mine stops working (fat chance) or I decide to mod it (better chance) I will take pics for you.
Xerou
Basic Member
Basic Member

71. PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bit of advice on these pads. Its alot easier to play barefooted. Even the most experienced player will lose his position on this god aweful thing with shoes on. I own one of these and now Im looking to get rid of it simply because I play with shoes, and on this one its near impossible.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
koofu
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xerou wrote:
A little bit of advice on these pads. Its alot easier to play barefooted. Even the most experienced player will lose his position on this god aweful thing with shoes on. I own one of these and now Im looking to get rid of it simply because I play with shoes, and on this one its near impossible.

well.. of course at first you will not be used to it if you have been dancing with panels for a period of time and have gotten used to that. The thing is, once you adapt yourself to the smooth surface, your feet are actually more quick than usual... basically meaning there isnt a stupid little bar ledge in between your arrows so that u can just skim your feet across the pad without interruption. But like i said again... it takes getting used to, but once u get it down.. wooo weeeeee! hahaa!

mthegreatone
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddrmaster7 wrote:
Tsunami Forever wrote:
It LOOKS nice but I bet it's a piece of crap.

Same here. TX-[insert number here] = crap.

well...you can't expect everyone to be able to afford something like a CF. it's my understanding that CF's will wear out over time also
123aaabbbccc
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything breaks down over time. cars, bikes, ddr pads, its just a matter of a reasonable time WHEN does it break down. especialyl something that takes a human body on top of it pressing there feet in erratic motions.
Shufflefield
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there isn't a 4k/6k thread yet I guess I will post here since those appear to be an upgrade to the 3k/5k line... Anywho...

Did anyone get one of these yet? I can't tell from the pics, but it doesn't look like it is totally flat like the 3k/5k, it looks like the arrows are recessed a little. Can anyone confirm? I still haven't bought a cobalt flux, and since this pad turned out to not be horrible like everyone suspected I might go this rought after all....

*edit* - Koofu - I checked out your pad, and the price is right (for the pad alone, why on earth do they want another 140 bucks for the bar?) - How is the xbox compatibility, I would be running whatever pads I get on ps1/2/and the xbox (I don't play stepmania and don't plan too, I have a real nice basement to play in and don't feel like playing in my office. =)).
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tx 4000 is smooth like the 5000 and 6000 are, right? just making sure since i'm getting one soon

[quote:bd08be2732="Schupo"]People with phDs are still stupid, just in a smaller percentage.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Dansumthing
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: TX-5000+ Metal Pad Reply with quote

product description wrote:

The fully 8 button 1 Piece FULLY FLAT & SMOOTH.

The closest you can get to the real arcade Dance Dance Revolution.

Fully flat and smooth is the closest you can get to arcade DDR?
What are these guys puffing on?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
kaosskratchet
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe they mean that it is the closest you can get to the real arcade experience in a world where arcaded pads are perfect.

[quote:bd08be2732="Schupo"]People with phDs are still stupid, just in a smaller percentage.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
WoodyWindy
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the tx 4000 is smooth like the 5000 and 6000 are, right? just making sure since i'm getting one soon

Not exactly, the 4000 (and 6000 for that matter) are all metal, but have individual button panels. The 3000 and 5000 are a single seamless surface. The low numbers in each pair don't have stunt/rest bars, the high ones do.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: