Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

TX-5000+ Metal Pad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shufflefield
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR Seth wrote:
DDR_mastor1 wrote:
has anyone got one of these yet? arg i really want to know if they are good. Im still not going to buy one, lol, but im still curious. I want to know if they can handle ITG.

Dude, I've seriously not read a single POSITIVE comment on these pads so dont waste your money. E1.gif

Where did you find comments on this pad? So far no one has even got one that I have seen. The closest anyone got was Cranium but he cancelled.
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shufflefield wrote:
DDR Seth wrote:
DDR_mastor1 wrote:
has anyone got one of these yet? arg i really want to know if they are good. Im still not going to buy one, lol, but im still curious. I want to know if they can handle ITG.

Dude, I've seriously not read a single POSITIVE comment on these pads so dont waste your money. E1.gif

Where did you find comments on this pad? So far no one has even got one that I have seen. The closest anyone got was Cranium but he cancelled.

Well they make the other TX models which are exactly the same thing so i'm doubting this is any different.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Shufflefield
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the TX-3000 Thread...

halfling wrote:
weird.. mayflash, the manufacturer of the TX1000 and TX2000, does not list this product on their website. My guess is this thing has nothing to do with the TX1000 and TX2000, and someone is just trying to get some money using their name. Then again, mayflash might be slow with updating their site.

So I don't think the same people are responsible for these pads, though they may be. The guy who has these up on ebay said they are from a company called Arcade-Box. I am not saying the pad isn't going to be horrible, but I am saying it may not be. Even if it was the same company that made the 2k's and 1k's, you never know, they may have actually fixed things and made improvements. But no one knows yet because everyone is too afraid to try one. Myself, admitittly, included. Still real curious though.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://store.videogamecentral.com/ddrmetoproda1.html <theres a link for this pad from VGC. they also have another one that looks just le it, without the bar, but it says TX-3000
View users profile Send private message Send email
Jeremy37077829
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cranium wrote:
On point #2, I totally disagree. The company is having these pads drop shipped from a warehouse. Therefore, they are brand new in factory shape.

Doesnt mean they are any better than they would be if they were not factory made. I would rather invest my money into building my own pad than trying out one of these. They could end up to be pretty decent though, you never know.
RTP!
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cool but I'm going with arcade authenticity. TX2000+ + put the wires in the holes = LIFE
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have decided to buy one of these. I know I should probably consider seeing a shrink or something but I'm just gonna go for it. So Deep and HAVM are really putting my ignition through the paces and I need a new pad. My decision is between CF and these. From what I can tell, although good, CF are considered overpriced. From what I've read here they have issues with oversensitivity and need adjustment. My big beef with them is no bar and although I know I could use a chair or make my own bars I would really like an arcade-look to my setup. As has been pointed out before the issues of the TX series seem to have been taken into account with the design of these (reinfoeced bar, no lexan arrows). Unless someone who actually has used one of these warns me not to I will buy. When I recieve it, I will post a detailed review.
View users profile Send private message
Plautus
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendell Gee wrote:
Unless someone who actually has used one of these warns me not to I will buy. When I recieve it, I will post a detailed review.

At the risk of adding noise to the thread, I am so glad to hear this; I've been wondering how this thing would do. Eagerly awaiting the review! I'm shocked that no one on the boards has tried this one or the 3k yet.
Wakka Lakka
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was delivered yesterday. I will post my first impressions.

The pad arrived and it was double boxed. It came with no instructions but assembly was easy. The pad was clean an undamaged although there was some adhesive on the surface which I removed with goo gone. The control box includes a PS hookup as well as xbox and usb. The bar is not as strong as the arcade bars but is certainly strong enough to put my weight on. It doesn't bend or feel like it is going to fall, but I can see how it would if they hadn't added the legs to it. I will probably 'mod' the bar a little to make it even stronger. The pad seems to be fairly responsive. I failed the first song I tried because I am used to a softpad with the raised arrows. It was hard to get used to the fact the the whole thing was flat - I think this is more a reflection on my lack of DDR ability then some problem with the pad. After playing on it a while I am back up to being able to do 8 footers and I have FC'd a song finally ( which proves there is nothing 'wrong' with the sensitivity) I will play a bunch this weekend and post a final review with pictures. So far I like it - it is much more like the arcade than the softpad was.
Wakka Lakka
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://home.mchsi.com/~anbrandt/tx5000pad.JPG

Contents: For a price of $285(shipped) I recieved one TX5000+ pad, the bar, and a controller box. There are no instructions but is is self-explanatory.

Compatibility: I have used the pad with my PS2 (it has a p2s plug) and with Stepmania . The USB is detected by Windows XP as an Xbox USB controller which installs automatically. I was unable to try the included native Xbox connector as I do not have access to an xbox.

Physical Aspects: The pad is smooth and shiny. The graphics on the pad are done using a grip texture material. The round area in the center is slightly raised and very solid. The arrows themselves 'give' slightly when pressed. It is not possible to press two of them at the same time as was suggested because the area in between the arrows is soild like the center. The four button controls are the same as the arrows, just with different graphics. The bar is supported by 2 extension legs which add considerable rigidity. It should be noted that the bar is no where near as strong as an arcade bar, but seems like as reasonable a substiute as a chair. I was not concearned about the bar giving out or breaking during use.

Gameplay: The first song I tried was a disaster, however I rarely play in the arcade and usually use the softpad pictured alongside my TX5000. The TX is much more like an arcade pad. There is a satisfying percussive thud when hitting an arrow. It is quite responsive, I was able to FC some lighter (7 foot) stuff once I got a feel for it. Now that I have played it more, my arrow reading ability and stamina are once again the limiting factor to passing songs rather than any pad issues. When I play with this pad there is no perception that I 'hit' an arrow but somehow it wasn't registered - when I miss I was expecting it.

Songs Passed: Keep in mind that I have only passed 7 catas at this time on any pad. I was able to pass the following (on heavy) with this pad so far. My Summer Love, AM-3P, Break Down, Paranoia Max, The Cube, Get You in My Sights.

Overall: I think it is an excellent pad and will probably buy a second one soon. I have only had it for a few days so I can't comment on longevity other than it feels quite sturdy. Obviously if the older TX's are as bad as people claim then much improvement has been made with the release of this version. It looks great and the performance meets my expectations.
DDR_mastor1
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i really appriciate this review. Im very supprised. Its good to see someone has the balls to do this and not just base their opinion on may other peoples previous experiences, im sure your purchase makes a lot of forum goers happy.

Is there any chance you can get a picture of the sensors?

Keep us updated on how it goes after a while.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Dark Fish
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting your review! biggrin.gif Please try a 10 footer though and tell us how it behaves.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said he's only been able to pass 9 catas, some of which aren't even catas. I don't think he's not on the level to be able to beat/pass a 10 yet.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
nisson
Basic Member
Basic Member

33. PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the review it helped a lot, but when you say that you cant step on two arrows at the same time does that mean that u mess up when you have to hit a left and right arrow, up and down, etc...?
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
DDR_mastor1
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think what hes saying is that you cant activate two sensors at the same time. Which was a response to my question a long time ago. i believe i asked something like

"since its all one peice of metal, will it activate two buttons at the same time?"

and if he is answering my question then the answer is no, by stepping on one arrow it doesnt register the other arrow.

but i could be wrong.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Wakka Lakka
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct - what I should say is you can't activate more than one arrow by stepping in the space between them. The space between arrows is solid and doesn't 'give' like the arrows themselves. Jumps work correctly. I probably won't be able to show what the sensors look like - these things seem tricky to take apart since the top has no screws on it. An no, I can't pass any 10's on any pad E2.gif The toughest thing I passed so far is probably break down.
Amegon
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me give u an advice: dont buy a pad, try it out at first. ive read so many CF comments taht ive bought one, v2. was pretty disappointed. needed to mod buttons and controlbox.
if you find a arcade feeling pad, then 50 more bucks in order to test it would be worth. but better try it before u just read about it. at least there should be some pictures about the way the buttons work. if there are microswitches, or maybe by air pressure or whatever.
according to tx2000 and cf there is not the perfect dancepad. both pads hat positive and negative parts. both are not worth their costs.
ill buy a pad for 500 € if it really has a feeling like an arcade pad, but until now i dont even believe that there will ever be one.

dont save for a cf v2, they planned to bring out a v3, maybe better one E1.gif
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
The Letter K
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ever happened to the TX-4000? blink.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekauthor wrote:
What ever happened to the TX-4000? blink.gif

I was kind of wondering the same thing. The only thing that crosses my mind is that they used the same version number system Winamp did. They had Winamp 2 and Winamp 3. Many people didn't like Winamp 3, so they combined the best features of 2 and 3 together to make Winamp 5... well, at least in their system of logic. Maybe with the TXs, the TX-5000 takes the thicker platform design of the TX-2000 and combines it with the new design of the TX-3000 to make the TX-5000?

That being said, I'm surprised at the good reviews this pad is getting. I'd be interested in playing on a TX-3000 to see how it feels, as I'm starting to get tired of playing on soft pads myself. Coming up with the money for it is another story entirely, though. >_<
Marvel627
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't buy these pads. A store near me has recently purchased two of these and hooked them up to a ps2.

I must say, these pads have seen hell over the past two days with almost everyone i know skinny and fat playing on them and doing ten footer and they have held up fine . However, you really have to spend a lot of time with them to get used to them and they are nothing like arcade pads.

The middle is a raised circle and everything else is completely flat, u cant tell where the hell you are. Ive even slipped off the pads several times. The pads are decently sensitive but thats only when u manage to place your foot on the actual sensor. This is extremely hard without any kind of raise. Songs I can get As on at home on my pad with bolts I failed on these things, very frustrating. Hitting the actual sensors is even harder when playing doubles which requires great positioning which is nearly impossible on these things.

You want arcade-like pads? Build your own. These just arent even close and are extremely frustrating, and at 200 bucks a pop without shipping I just dont think its worth it.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: