Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

New Karaoke Revolution
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P-Chan
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: New Karaoke Revolution Reply with quote

Karaoke Revolution BEMANI Series Selection (working title) is a game that includes songs from Bemani artists such as BeForU, Des-ROW, Sana and many more.
The game comprises 70 songs, from which some are MOBO★MOGA, LOVE IS ORANGE, SHOOTING STAR, Firefly, CANDY ♥ and BRE∀K DOWN!

It will also include online options where you will be able to choose from about 5500 non-bemani songs (esteemed to be ready for the launch date, intended to be the next June 16th) by paying a monthly fee.

Even though the title has low probabilities of being released in America it would make a nice import, don't you think?

Complete song list and screen-shots from the testing version can be found at konamistyle.
Thanks go to Yue, whom which extensive knowledge of the Japanese language helped me translating the page to Spanish.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Finally! Reply with quote

YES! They must've got all the signatures they needed to make this game.

I sooooo wanted this game! E1.gif
View users profile Send private message
Flarone
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I don't need another reason to get a JPS2....
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a sec, this isn't the same Karaoke Revolution that's released here in the US isn't it? It looks a WHOLE LOT different! Is the Japanese version not developed by Harmonix?
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
cmcm
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not judge your performance, it merely shows lyrics and plays music and videos.
HM
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man....I'd PAY to see someone try to karaoke to Daikenkai! Especially with the wonderful English lyrics!!! biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Baka of the Orochi
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadVash2005 wrote:
Wait a sec, this isn't the same Karaoke Revolution that's released here in the US isn't it? It looks a WHOLE LOT different! Is the Japanese version not developed by Harmonix?

No, it never has been.

Karaoke Revolution in Japan focuses more on karaoke style over there. It's WAY different than anything in America. KR US focuses more on the "public performance" style, in kind of an American Idol kind of way. KR Japanese is more like a karaoke-in-a-box sort of thing. It's not that much more of a game as it's more like, save you a trip to the karaoke bar.

Quote:
It does not judge your performance, it merely shows lyrics and plays music and videos

If it's like the other KR's, then it does judge your performance.

Quote:
Oh man....I'd PAY to see someone try to karaoke to Daikenkai! Especially with the wonderful English lyrics!!!

-Daikenkai isn't on the songlist.
-English? It would be in Japanese if it was on the songlist. Why on Earth would it be in English?
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it'd be funny! Mind you, i suppose someone singing it in japanese, to people who would understand, would be amusing too, given the lyrics!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
mr_zelda
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... only one problem. How in the world are us Americans supposed to follow along to songs that are in Japanese. Listening to them is one thing, but trying to sing to them is a whole other ballpark. Are we going to sing some sort of mad humdinger? The point of Karaoke Revolution is that you sing.
Baka of the Orochi
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you supposed to translate gibberish?

Hell, there's Japanese people who have no idea what the hell they're saying.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No, it never has been.

Karaoke Revolution in Japan focuses more on karaoke style over there. It's WAY different than anything in America. KR US focuses more on the "public performance" style, in kind of an American Idol kind of way. KR Japanese is more like a karaoke-in-a-box sort of thing. It's not that much more of a game as it's more like, save you a trip to the karaoke bar.

Thanks, Baka. But wouldn't be cool if the vocal songs from all the US DDRs crossed over to the US Karaoke Revolution? I wanna be rated for how well I can sing Break Down and Love Love Sugar biggrin.gif !
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Flarone
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, nobody has mentioned the fact that Love is Orange and Mobo*Moga will be on the song list, both of which consist of French lyrics.....

It would be nice if the lyrics would be romanized, but, seeing as that it's geared to Japanese audiences, I would tend to doubt it will (at least, that is, for Japanese songs). Who knows? All we have to go off at this point is the song list and previous versions of Japanese KR.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ON THIS JAPANESE ISLAND WHERE WE'RE SEXIN' IT UP!
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadVash2005 wrote:

Thanks, Baka. But wouldn't be cool if the vocal songs from all the US DDRs crossed over to the US Karaoke Revolution? I wanna be rated for how well I can sing Break Down and Love Love Sugar :D !

You'd still need to know Japanese.

I will bet you Konami of America won't want to transliterate the songs into romanized English. Translating them is just an atrocity.

Plus, a Bemani version just wouldn't sell in America.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Songs I want to see:

Crash
After the Game of love
It's raining men
Silent hill

to bad....
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Slowpoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baka of the Orochi wrote:
You'd still need to know Japanese.

No you don't. Karaoke Revolution doesn't recognize the words you sing; it only recognizes the pitch. You could sing gibberish, "la la la", or hum to the music, and as long as you're hitting the right notes, the game rewards you.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Baka of the Orochi
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, sir, Konami is not going to bring a game over to America and keep the on-screen lyrics in Japanese, just so they can hum the damn song.
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Lyrics Reply with quote

DOH!

I was expecting the game to be in Japanese. But I forgot about hirigana. >_<
Looks like I'll still be reading off a sheet of paper.

And wants to buy a karaoke game just so they can hum?
Slowpoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baka of the Orochi wrote:
Uh, sir, Konami is not going to bring a game over to America and keep the on-screen lyrics in Japanese, just so they can hum the damn song.

Uh sir, who said it was going to be released in America? All I said was that you wouldn't have to know Japanese in order to play it... you know, in case someone was thinking about IMPORTING it? erm.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
MadVash2005
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I will bet you Konami of America won't want to transliterate the songs into romanized English. Translating them is just an atrocity.

Who said anything about translating the song? Just keep the lyrics the way that they are and use the romanized script. Besides, no one translated La Bamba and people were fine with singing that.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: