Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Pad Broken - What should I get now?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xkeijix
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Pad Broken - What should I get now? Reply with quote

Well, the pad that I got with DDRMAX2 bundle has finally snapped after about a year. I came home from Florida, and the whole mat was filled up with air like a balloon! I had no idea what had happened, but after the thing deflated, the down arrow isnt responsive. It will only hit about 1/4 of the time, so I figured its time to get a new one.

I searched for different pads under $25 because I'm too poor disgust.gif
The main one that I found in stores is Mad Catz - but everything I've gotten that is Mad Catz has broken within an hour...
I found a ddr pad from gamestop.com that I could easily pick tommorow (which would be nice) and is only $19.99. I was wondering if anyone has gotten one of the pads and if its worth my time. My only other option besides spending more money is buying the new DDRExtreme bundle and getting the Konami pad with that (I'll be more careful with this one).

If anyone has some advice for me, I would be most grateful. Thanks.
View users profile Send private message
theinsanitytest
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the mad cats for xbox.

almost a year i have had it for and now it is starting to miss steps, (making a new pad myself)

what is the one at gamestop?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
-SuperZero3 Gold-
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid Madcatz in every way. They consistently make the worst possible controllers for everything.

The DDR pad bunches up, and doesn't respond very well.

Give me a challenge so I know what to play next time I go.

ULTIMATE HIGH SCHOOL SPRING SEASON:
Ooltewah is the UPA 2008 High School State Champion! Yay for doing something before leaving high school.
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but you've gotta face reality - $25 is not going to net you a pad that will last long at all. If you want to continue playing your games, use the controller, or save your pennies for a better pad.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
theinsanitytest
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
Sorry, but you've gotta face reality - $25 is not going to net you a pad that will last long at all. If you want to continue playing your games, use the controller, or save your pennies for a better pad.

i forgot to mention that my dance pad is modded so it doesn't bunch up but

save your milk money, or cahnge that you have or whatever it takes to get a better pad

do you love DDR enough to drop the money to play the game erm.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
SuRfReAk
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I agree with Cutriss (I can't spell). Save up your money. Buy a better pad, or go hardcore and build one!

Get up, get out, go surf!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: