Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Home or Arcade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

700. PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

play at home, only because there are NO ddr machines anywhere around here. You'd think a big city like Philly would have more that 1 location (that would take me at least and hour and a half to get to via public trans and walking - that's each way) with a decent arcade machine. Even if I didn't play, I'd love to be able to have meet-ups and watch all you brilliant players!

So, for now just saving up, trying to pay a few bills off ... and then I'll be getting a CF - not the same as arcade, but gotta be better than the dense foam pad thing.

Not really sure about the whole playing with people watching tbh. I'm pretty shy and get nervous easily. Which would do wonders for my score in an arcade, eh?
View users profile Send private message
Szalkow
Trick Member
Trick Member

701. PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the moment I prefer arcades, hands-down. There are some reasonably good arcade machines in my area. I have a good StepMania setup at home, but until I finish my homebrew pads I'm stuck with foam-insert ones, which I dislike.

The downsides obviously are cost and location. For me it is mostly the travel - I have to bike to my car to drive to an arcade. Still, if I'm in the area I always stop by. It may cost money, but it is worth it for the experience.

As for audiences, I tend to enjoy them - I'm confident enough in my ability that they don't make me nervous. Actually, if I've got a crowd I tend to concentrate and push myself to do better, which is cool because I pass harder songs than usual but then I end up draining my energy faster. I also appreciate the opportunity to watch other players, skilled or not, and see what they do. Sometimes I pick up some tips just by watching!
Nilla151
Basic Member
Basic Member

702. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arcade only hands down. DO play at home. but usually just for s warmup or just to practice
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Dramore
Trick Member
Trick Member

703. PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually don't mind, as long as I play DDR. I transition well enough.

Home pad: Generally, easier timing-helps you feel accomplished. Great way to "practice" songs. My experience, is with crappy soft pads. I recently modded one, and it works decently. Still kinda slides and drops arrows on BPM 300+ songs.

Arcade: Chance to set high scores the rest of the world gets to see. Cost money. Play at your own risk-never know if the arrows register correctly or not. Great fun when a crowd is gathered.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
AsunaSakurai
Trick Member
Trick Member

704. PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play at arcade cus i dont have the game at home lmao
Self-acclaimed #1 fangirl to BigMatt
If you still don't know who I am, especially you, Matt, I'll be very disappointed..
BTW, I fangirl anyone who's better than me, not just Matt lmao

If you've seen me before, tell me, for references, my name is Cindy.

QCM reopened!!!!!! whooot!!!!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

705. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried the arcade only twice so far -- my first arcade experience with Dance Dance Revolution was 13 days ago (the second occasion was actually In The Groove 2). I first tried Dance Dance Revolution in September of 2006 a couple times. I obtained Dance Praise a couple months later, and obtained my first Dance Dance Revolution game (SuperNOVA 2) in October 2007. I initially used the Playstation controller heavily due to my lack of skill. Playing at home is best to save money I suppose -- is trying arcade mahcines a waste of money if one has the games at home to play? According to my experience, arcade pads are tougher than home pads.

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Dramore
Trick Member
Trick Member

706. PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play at the arcade to hone my timing. Although, with the timing introduced in SuperNova and SN2, the gap is closing... I haven't been for a while, and I can hear that my timing is off even though I pick up perfects at home (there's no Marvelous timing on Ultramix...)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Chargerized
Basic Member
Basic Member

707. PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Like The Arcade So Much More Cause I Only Get To Play During Vacation, Theres No Good DDR Machines Near Me. And Even a Gome Metal Pad Other Than Flux Arent Too Good, I Use An Afterburner But Its Just Not The Same...
Trick Member
Trick Member

708. PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Don't Like The Arcade Machines Around Here Because They Make You Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word. Plus, the pads on the 2 machines within an hour's drive from where I live aren't really all that good and they're not unlocked. I play at the arcade occasionally, but I don't believe in that whole "ARCADE MACHINES ARE TEH ONLY REAL DDR AND CS AIN'T RLY DDR CUZ OF TEH TIMEEN WINDOWZ MANZ!" So yes, I prefer console.

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Page 36 of 36

Jump to: