Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Girls and DDR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu_Hirakashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember her and EK playing facing each other. EK played Left/Stealth and Jackie played Right/Stealth. That was so amazing to watch. I think I wet myself a few times watching her play.

She was truly a rare girl indeed. I sure miss those days. E2.gif

Hirakashi Ryu
For a beginner, if learning how to play pop'n music is like a parent holding his / her child's hand while crossing a busty street, then learning to play IIDX is like being kicked out of a moving car in the middle of nowhere and having to scrape enough money for a taxi cab ride home.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Julie QQQ...?
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those days and hearing stories like that was what got me into playing DDR.

It's kind of sad that I can get excited for AAing Paranoia Survivor and people are telling me it isn't a "real ten", or getting my first black flag and having people challenge me to whore out the song until I AAA it just days later. Just sucks the fun out of the game.
View users profile Send private message
Ryu_Hirakashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so at all. I think that once you get to the point of AAA'ing. The game takes on a new form. I stopped playing for fun a long time ago, but AAA'ing brings me a lot of enjoyment.

[Edited for stupid comment]

I was only able to get down to 39 greats on Survivor when I AA'ed it. Survivor stopped feeling like a 10 once you got good at it.

Hirakashi Ryu
For a beginner, if learning how to play pop'n music is like a parent holding his / her child's hand while crossing a busty street, then learning to play IIDX is like being kicked out of a moving car in the middle of nowhere and having to scrape enough money for a taxi cab ride home.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Julie QQQ...?
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think anything stops feeling like anything when you get good at it. Hell, even 9's have lost their meaning by now. Catas, haha. What a joke. blink.gif
Ryu_Hirakashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[RiVAL] Julie Q wrote:
I think anything stops feeling like anything when you get good at it. Hell, even 9's have lost their meaning by now. Catas, haha. What a joke. blink.gif

That is nothing but the truth!!! Maybe we should just play ITG full-time. I played ITG at the break a few months ago, and I almost fell on my @ss trying to keep my balance playing some of the expert stuff. Wow....just wow!!!

Hirakashi Ryu
Julie QQQ...?
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you play ITG regularly, it really isn't as bad as it seems. You just gotta get used to stamina conservation (no matter how good you are, an ITG 9 is nowhere near a DDR 9. Hell, a 9 Expert is nowhere near a 9 Hard).

That's why if I had the choice, I'd definitely play ITG more than DDR. When I go home for breaks, that's exactly what I do (at the Break as well, hehe).

I hate how DDR has come down to scores, 10's, weapon songs, and offsync songs. And not many girls actually care to know that, either.

(To the ones who do, mad props.)
Brandon DDR fan
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girls and DDR is easy to explain i can explain it in one word HOT ! I have to grab me one of them. happy.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
CloudAAA
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think i have seen a hott girl play DDR thats really good but I would really like too... riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True story:

I travel on business all the time, and on Wednesday I flew into Tuscon for a trip down to Green Valley, Arizona. I always try to hit some of the local DDR locations on each trip, so after checking DDRFreak's machine locations, I decided to try to find the basement of the student union at the University of Arizona. Finding the university was fairly easy, finding the student union was somewhat easy, finding a place to park was only slightly tricky, and finding the DDR was a bit more of a challenge but nothing I couldn't handle.

Anyway...

There was a beautiful girl there. She played on Heavy Double, and she was amazing. Not only was she quite good, her style was incredible... she wasn't just dancing, she was floating. Pure superhuman grace. She made it look entirely effortless, just smiling and flitting between pads and spinning and twisting as if it were nothing, as if she weren't even trying, but with such under-the-surface energy, and never missing a step. I've seen a few people do Doubles before (never a girl), but none of them made it look so natural and graceful and magical. She danced like a human-sized faerie might, but she also had the radiance of an angel. It was truly awesome in the original sense of the word. It was spiritual. I can't even begin to describe it.

I've honestly never seen anything so beautiful in my life.
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already posted that in a different forum. Cute story. Did you talk to her, introduce yourself, ask her how long she's been playing, etc.? Be honest.
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[RiVAL] Julie Q wrote:

I hate how DDR has come down to scores, 10's, weapon songs, and offsync songs. And not many girls actually care to know that, either.

I still play DDR for fun, except when I'm 2 greats away from a AAA. Then I get mad and start swearing at the machine until I get thrown out of Hyperspace Arcade. Stupid DDR.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
joeshmo39
Basic Member
Basic Member

71. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Stop The Presses! Reply with quote

OMG guys are you even reading this? This is a girl who can play DDR. This is earth-shattering, massive, bigger than the kennedy assasination or pearl harbor or put together or something. I mean I didn't even think girls could look at DDR but here is someone so special, so cool, not only did they make their post entirely in bold but they are a friggin girl who plays DDR! let's get her a trophy or a cookie or something!

For real, no one cares. This isn't the women's civil rights movement and none of us are Susan B. Anthony fan club members so we just think you're desperate. Well, some people are trying to be PC, but in reality, they're just bored and like to agree with stuff.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Stop The Presses! Reply with quote

joeshmo39 wrote:
OMG guys are you even reading this? This is a girl who can play DDR. This is earth-shattering, massive, bigger than the kennedy assasination or pearl harbor or put together or something. I mean I didn't even think girls could look at DDR but here is someone so special, so cool, not only did they make their post entirely in bold but they are a friggin girl who plays DDR! let's get her a trophy or a cookie or something!

For real, no one cares. This isn't the women's civil rights movement and none of us are Susan B. Anthony fan club members so we just think you're desperate. Well, some people are trying to be PC, but in reality, they're just bored and like to agree with stuff.

While I may not agree with what you say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it...
Danamaf
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone who doesnt think girls can play ddr, check this. all of the box covers for home version have pics of girls on them. all the shadows in the mixes are girls( or guys with testicular cancer who grew breasts). if you are sexist that way, than dont tell us who you are because noone will respect you. you can say, but noone is on your side. hippocrits... dirty fricken hippocrits
FABO!!!
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BumbleBee3 wrote:
I beat most of the guys where i go

its such a good feeling E13.gif

yeah but how good are the guys
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danamaf wrote:
anyone who doesnt think girls can play ddr, check this. all of the box covers for home version have pics of girls on them. all the shadows in the mixes are girls( or guys with testicular cancer who grew breasts). if you are sexist that way, than dont tell us who you are because noone will respect you. you can say, but noone is on your side. hippocrits... dirty fricken hippocrits

If the game has a picture of a girl on it isn't used to attract a guy's attention. This means that even Konami believes that their main audience is guys...but it doesn't matter. I agree with you in any case. This topic shouldn't even be an issue.
Slowpoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakura Survivor wrote:
If the game has a picture of a girl on it isn't used to attract a guy's attention.

Tomb Raider?
View users profile Send private message Send email
Julie QQQ...?
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakura Survivor wrote:
[RiVAL] Julie Q wrote:

I still play DDR for fun, except when I'm 2 greats away from a AAA. Then I get mad and start swearing at the machine until I get thrown out of Hyperspace Arcade. Stupid DDR.

Yeah, I've been known to scream obscenities when I get a Great once in a while. It can scare people. E10.gif

The numbers 10 and 11 seem to haunt me as well. disturb.gif
dj D0GA~道画
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudAAA wrote:
I dont think i have seen a hott girl play DDR thats really good but I would really like too... riiight.gif

Brandon DDR fan wrote:

Girls and DDR is easy to explain i can explain it in one word HOT ! I have to grab me one of them. happy.gif

Come see me sometime... make my day disturb.gif
SaeNoDa
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this thread.

drool.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: