Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Tell your story about how you started playing DDR...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDR FR3AK
Basic Member
Basic Member

540. PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: hey my name is christian Reply with quote

man i remember the first day i started playing, it was when i was 7 years old E1.gif i couldn't even do the steps on beginner! but then the years passed by and now here i am 7 years later, going to castle's and coasters every weekend, playing dance dance revolution! why i love playing it is because its great exercise and the music they have on the machine is great, why i keep playing is because i get to show off my moves on heavy mode to other players and passing people, and i have a great time with my friends and family by playing the game i love, i also wanna make a shout out to another dancing buddy, his name is will or LOTT!
View users profile Send private message Send email
NOAAAH
Trick Member
Trick Member

541. PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: hey my name is christian Reply with quote

DDR FR3AK wrote:
man i remember the first day i started playing, it was when i was 7 years old E1.gif i couldn't even do the steps on beginner! but then the years passed by and now here i am 7 years later, going to castle's and coasters every weekend, playing dance dance revolution! why i love playing it is because its great exercise and the music they have on the machine is great, why i keep playing is because i get to show off my moves on heavy mode to other players and passing people, and i have a great time with my friends and family by playing the game i love, i also wanna make a shout out to another dancing buddy, his name is will or LOTT!

Holy crap I used to play at that arcade all the time. Do they still have the big screen Extreme? That cabinet kicked so much buttocks....
Basic Member
Basic Member

542. PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- i started playing DDR on April 19, 2008. i remember the exact day because my friend and i went out to the club that night to see DJ Kimball Collins.

- i started playing because my friend Chris was living with me and we decided to buy a PlayStation2 together. he suggested that i buy a DDR game and two dance pads (he might have been joking, but i did it anyway). at first i absolutely sucked at it. then i kept practicing and got fairly decent. however, Chris eventually moved out, and he took the PS2 with him.

- i continued playing because my parents bought me a new PS2 for my 21st birthday. then i bought myself a metal dance pad (both the old plastic ones crapped out). i enjoy it because it's challenging, and there's always potential to improve. also because it's an excellent workout.
Trick Member
Trick Member

543. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first played DDR in the late summer of 2002. I sucked so badly at it so I held off from playing until I got DDR for Christmas that year for my PS2. Then I started playing it a lot more and eventually played it nearly every day, to the point that I started buying all the soundtracks for it pretty much.

In mid 2005 I found out about stepmania and then started playing that, and now I play that almost every day but I'm trying to find a good USB pad for it.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
ddddyyyy
Basic Member
Basic Member

544. PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Phrekwenci

Jordan shoes Ball valve affliction clothing replica watches
View users profile Send private message
l0ser_anth3m
Basic Member
Basic Member

545. PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had watched locals back home in VA for a few months before I started playing DDR. I had gotten to know some of those people and finally in the spring/summer of 2003 I started playing myself. I spent an easy $20 a day at least 4 days a week all summer playing... and I've been playing off and on ever since =)
Akuma_APN2
Basic Member
Basic Member

546. PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to visit my long lost best friend in Seattle (I live in Dallas). One day, while hanging out, we decided to play a little DDR Max 2 on his PS2. This was back in the spring of 2004.

I just couldn't get it. But it was a challange, and I just had to get my mind wrapped around it. So I did just that.

When I got back to Dallas, I tackled the local DDR Extreme machine, and within 3 months, I was able to handle the 8 and 9 footers. By summer's end, I could pass Sakura, and by mid-autumn 2004 I could pass Max300.

With the coming of late 2004, I could pass all the 10-footers, and by Spring 2005, I could hold my own (A's on everything).

I met up with a bunch of new DDR friends in the summer of 2005, a year into my DDR experience, and those guys helped me really push myself. That summer and fall, we played the Max songs constantly, until we could AA all of them with some relative consistancy.

By autumn 2005, we were playing ITG, and then ITG2 also. And through the winter, we sharpened our skills on the likes of Summer Speedy Expert, Pandemonium Expert, and Vertex^2 Expert, and Determinator Expert.

By Spring 2006, we could all easily get a 96% Star on all of them, and by late 2006, Double Stars abounded on Pandemonium. I wrote a bunch of edits that we added to the machine, which were much more difficult than any of the toughest ITG2 steps.

Evil Dave added a bunch of essential internet songs to our machine, like "Seven (DM Ashura)" and "EXE (Mr. T)."

By Early 2007, it was ridiculous. Triple and Quad stars on everything, and AAA'd on all the DDR songs.

Unfortunately, I started to get really busy with work and school around then, and for the past 2.5 years, I've just been getting into horrible shape, a true fat-buttocks.

It's a shame really. My mind is still in overdrive, but my body can't keep up anymore. lol.
Neophyte
Basic Member
Basic Member

547. PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was spring of 2001 when my best friend and I went to S. Korea for a TKD tourney. One night we went roaming around out Plaza Hotel when we found the three or four little Korean kids standing on this really loud arcade machine. They played a bit, we watched, and when they left we decided to give it a shot. The machine took our money completely as we stood there dumbfouned without the slightest clue as what to do.

That fall I ended up getting a job in the States at a local movie theater when a new machine showed up in our arcade. It was a DDRMax2 machine. After that it was love. I got a group of my highschool friends to start playing and soon after we found ourselves skipping classes or inventing ways to leave school early just so that we could go to our local arcade which had developed it's own DDR "Scene". That was 8 long years ago and I can not recount all of the amazing memories this game has brought to my life as well as my friends lives. As far as I know, I am the only one left out of us that regularly plays.

- Jayson
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

Jump to: