Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Tell your story about how you started playing DDR...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str0ngBad
Trick Member
Trick Member

520. PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell your ddr story at DDRFRIENDS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UteBIUx9sMg
iemaxx
Basic Member
Basic Member

521. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing ddr in 2002, i was very little. i practiced everyday and i got really good, because i had lots of time in my hands.

I started playing because ive seen one of my freinds do it, and he is really good( i dont think he plays anymore) also i wanted to have doing this, and so i did.

I keep playing because its fun, i also make lots of freinds who play it also. Plus i get loads of exercise.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

522. PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first tried Dance Dance Revolution in September of 2006 on the American console version of EXTREME 2. I obtained Dance Praise a couple months later and relied on that until I finally obtained my first game in October 2007 -- SuperNOVA 2. I first heard about it from someone about two and a half years ago. At that point, I knew nothing about Dance Dance Revolution and thought it was just some game about dancing that wouldn't interest me. However, seeing it in action in May 2006 showed me just how awesome the game is (it was the same EXTREME 2 I tried later). When I first tried it a few months later, I was the worst one -- I couldn't even pass light songs although I think I made a D on After The Game Of Love light (I guess we switched to an Ultramix game or something). Playing Dance Praise helped me improve some. Dance Dance Revolution really is a lot of fun if you ask me. Practice, including playing on the Playstation controller, and some tips such as stay off the center and turning one's body have helped me improve. As I have mentioned before, I am the worst player ever. I have only just begun to make A's on seven-footer expert songs on the dance pad.

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Fullnintendo
Trick Member
Trick Member

523. PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're able to get A's on 7-footers at heavy? You're far from being the worst player E13.gif .

My story goes like this: one day (can't remember which year, maybe 2004-2005), our family went to one of my uncle's house. By going into the basement, I saw my cousins playing a weird game on the xbox called DDR Ultramix 2. I naturally loved the originality coming from it and I pretty much loved the songs. I even had some time for trying some songs. But this was enough for this day and my passion didn't start here.
Another day (2006), when I was surfing on the Internet, I found the official site of DDR Mario Mix. Now I though `hmm...It would be fun to have a dancing game on my GCN. I really loved the one at my cousin`. After getting it, that's how all started: I've fallen in love with the game. The songs, mostly nintendo remixes that I LOVE, and the low difficulty allowed me to get hours of fun. Naturally, I got better and better because I was always playing it.

After maybe 3-4 months, I realised that the game became too easy for me and a lot of the challenge was gone (which makes the game less fun). Now I remembered the famous game that impressed me at my first time with his impressive and terribly fun songlist along with his increased difficulty: DDR Ultramix 2. I couldn't remove the idea of buying an XBOX to get this game. That what I did, and at my birthday (2007), I finally got it! Over the months, I became better and better, got even more a wild fan and bought the others Ultramixes. Today, I'm still playing because of the songs (I'm even planning of doing CDs with the Ultramixes to listen them), because of the challenge and because of the physics benefits that these games give me (my only sport lol E15.gif ).
View users profile Send private message
AsunaSakurai
Trick Member
Trick Member

524. PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you first start playing DDR? (and how long have you been playing)
I first started playing in april of 2006, but not very often like once a month or something. So to be accurate I really started to play april of 2008 lmao, so ive been playing if u include since 2006 on and off time, i been playing for only 1/2 a year haha

What got you to start playing? (initial interest)
My friend took me to the arcade after school, saw the game and i was like oh i gotta try that but i never played a lot until april, when i found out there was an arcade near my home, cus the arcade i usually go to is near my school,about 1 and 1/2 hour from where i live, now all i do is walk 10 mins to get to the arcade haha

What made you keep playing? (why do you like playing currently)
im only playing for fun and ita a form of excercise for me lmao still cant believe it only took me 3 weeks to get to heavy...
Self-acclaimed #1 fangirl to BigMatt
If you still don't know who I am, especially you, Matt, I'll be very disappointed..
BTW, I fangirl anyone who's better than me, not just Matt lmao

If you've seen me before, tell me, for references, my name is Cindy.

QCM reopened!!!!!! whooot!!!!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

525. PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can barely make A's on some heavy/expert seven-footers. Not long ago at all, I almost never made A's on heavy/expert seven-footers. I still can't pass Under The Sky on expert -- and it's supposed to be six feet disturb.gif Sure, I might be able to beat a bunch of people who have hardly ever played the game, but I am probably the worst player accounting for experience. I was one of the worst ones when I first tried it with some other people (that wasn't the first time playing for all the others I don't think). After I got my first game (not counting Dance Praise), it probably took me at least a couple months before I could handle heavy/expert on the Playstation controller.

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
v4extreme
Trick Member
Trick Member

526. PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and a friend of mine (neither had ever played DDR) were at a church lockout, so it was 4:00 in the morning, and we were at the bowling ally where two of our friends played DDR. we had never seen them play, just they had mentioned it a few times. we saw the machine, and I'm like "Hey, It's that game that mark's good at." we try it. unfortunatly, we didn't know how much a game cost, and only put in one credit. we shared the game and both did we will rock you (because it was the only song we knew.), but on the second game, my friend dylan walks up and tells me to play daikenkai (it took awhile to find the song, he didn't actually know the title) because he apparently had a friend who was good and had seen him play that song. I played three times, had the song stuck in my head for the rest of night, and couldn't get my mind off ddr for a couple of months.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Popcorn
Basic Member
Basic Member

527. PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was first introduced to the game (MAX2) when I was at my friends house. We were both bored and he suggested we play it (he had two foam pads). He was on Light at the time, and I found Beginner too boring so I started on Light as well. After we ended up playing, I accidently broke his pad by stepping on the little plastic box thingy on the front of the cheapy pads.

After that, I thought it really fun so I went and bought Extreme for the PS2. I played it for about an hour each night. It took me about a month to start on some of the hard Standard/easy Heavy step charts. I believe my first 9 pass was on Legend of Max Standard, which was really hard for me at the time, I must of failed that thing about 50 times or so. I was stuck at that point for a while until I found out about Speed Mods then Heavy became a lot easier seeing that the arrows were 'spaced' out a bit more.

About that time, I found out that this game was actually in Arcades so I gave it a shot. Of course I was embarrassed to play in public but I soon grew used to it to a point of not caring. At this point, I was able to pass most 9 footer songs on Heavy.

My first 10-footer pass was on MAX 300 at GameWorks. I remember it because it was my first time playing on a SuperNOVA machine, and before the song I squated down a little to rest before then and ripped my jeans in the back (luckily my shirt was long enough to cover the rip).
gothic05
Basic Member
Basic Member

528. PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing March 2007. My sister and I went to the local arcade and I saw the machine and wanted to try it, but only if my sister tried it with me. E4.gif Ten minutes later, we played Butterfly and I've been addicted to DDR ever since.
View users profile Send private message Send email
WTD?
Basic Member
Basic Member

529. PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you first start playing DDR? (and how long have you been playing)
I started playing wheni was at my friends house. um~that was probably in May 07
What got you to start playing? (initial interest)
i saw it EVERYWHERE. and i was like "i should try this", so i just started from there.

What made you keep playing? (why do you like playing currently)
it was more so the music and being able to reach Heavy mode one day. i'm only on Standard right now, but hopefully soon.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Final Warning
Trick Member
Trick Member

530. PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popcorn wrote:
After that, I thought it really fun so I went and bought Extreme for the PS2. I played it for about an hour each night. It took me about a month to start on some of the hard Standard/easy Heavy step charts. I believe my first 9 pass was on Legend of Max Standard, which was really hard for me at the time, I must of failed that thing about 50 times or so. I was stuck at that point for a while until I found out about Speed Mods then Heavy became a lot easier seeing that the arrows were 'spaced' out a bit more.

I can relate to the speed modifier discovery, as I just recently discovered that myself. I find that x1.5 works the best for me on Standard and Heavy.
tats
Trick Member
Trick Member

531. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uh, walked passed the arcade in my mall and saw it, then played it.
Pretty neat huh.
Trick Member
Trick Member

532. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tats wrote:
I uh, walked passed the arcade in my mall and saw it, then played it.
Pretty neat huh.

Wooooah. One could make a movie out of that.

Seriously though, I liked that story. Short, sweet, and to the point.
Skyhawk
Trick Member
Trick Member

533. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got introduced to Extreme way back in probably 2003-4? When I was like a hundred and tennish pounds heavier. Sucked at it, but it was fun.

About a year and a half ago, bought Supernova, around a hundred pounds heavier. Had fun, played it on the weekends since the week was full of college. Got good enough that I could do a nine and pass with an A, but was still exhausted as heck afterward.

Bought Supernova 2 this summer, played it a whole bunch. Wasn't until around mid September (October?) that I started going to the local arcade where I live. (Cactus Jacks) Got addicted right away, kept playing on it, learned how to use the bar, and here I am passing tens at a subpar level while compulsively going on the weekends when I have the time.

That's about it. Usually some of my friends and I go up to the arcade to have fun, but when they can't, I usually go up there and... stay too long. lol
MegaBeatManMania
Trick Member
Trick Member

534. PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn about 20 days with no post? Ok ppl lets get this started again. Ok heres my story, Its a little coincidental/ ironic so here it is.
So im 22 now and ive been playing since i was in about 7-8th grade,(long time huh?) anyways. So there i was at my friend Tonys house (some of you may know him as TL from SD). So there i was on the ps1 KONAMIX (FTW!!!)
obviously i sucked. So after playing for a bit he showed me a video of Corey Ver2 playing Max300, Supposedably the word around was that he was the first to pass it orwhatver idk. So im like holy crap thats sic. Fast foward to 10th grade i ended up moving from San Diego to Sunnyvale Cali.(Norcal).
So i heard about SVGL and went to see what the hype was and the coincidence part is that i ended up meeting Ver2 but didnt know it was him at the time. I started playing there regularly and went from standard to Hevy there. Corey was cool at first but then i started getting this bumhole vibe from him. so idk. So thats how i started pretyt much. Is that kinda wierd or what.
ver2dx
Basic Member
Basic Member

535. PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeGaBeAtMaNmAnIa wrote:
Damn about 20 days with no post? Ok ppl lets get this started again. Ok heres my story, Its a little coincidental/ ironic so here it is.
So im 22 now and ive been playing since i was in about 7-8th grade,(long time huh?) anyways. So there i was at my friend Tonys house (some of you may know him as TL from SD). So there i was on the ps1 KONAMIX (FTW!!!)
obviously i sucked. So after playing for a bit he showed me a video of Corey Ver2 playing Max300, Supposedably the word around was that he was the first to pass it orwhatver idk. So im like holy crap thats sic. Fast foward to 10th grade i ended up moving from San Diego to Sunnyvale Cali.(Norcal).
So i heard about SVGL and went to see what the hype was and the coincidence part is that i ended up meeting Ver2 but didnt know it was him at the time. I started playing there regularly and went from standard to Hevy there. Corey was cool at first but then i started getting this bumhole vibe from him. so idk. So thats how i started pretyt much. Is that kinda wierd or what.

If that is the vibe you got from me, I'm sorry. It honestly isn't the way that I am. I don't know when we met, however, if it was recently I would like to apologize to you. I really am not too much of an buttocks, just mistaken. E1.gif
View users profile Send private message
MegaBeatManMania
Trick Member
Trick Member

536. PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i wasnt expecting you to read that.... anyways that was back in 2002 and i moved back to sd in 04. we only talked a few times so im not expecting you to remember me. craaaazzyyyyyy
nutb
Basic Member
Basic Member

537. PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Best topic ever!

# When did you first start playing DDR? (and how long have you been playing)

I played DDR since 1999 First time I play it that's a wonderful game I ever found on that time. That's the big motivation to make me exercise and make some muscle!!!!!!! Since 1999 I played for 10years now !!!!!!!

# What got you to start playing? (initial interest)
I start played seriously on late 1999 that the first time I found the real machine in arcade and I saw the guy who being play the hard one and the ppl surround him I said AWESOME and I wanna be at him too I i could T^T That's why I need to play it

# What made you keep playing? (why do you like playing currently)
The big motivation can't full fill if I dont have a good friends.
The good friends are play the game every sat and sun and not only the game sometime we hang out to other place So that's the big important thing.
Haoie
Trick Member
Trick Member

538. PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May as well post here again.

My first time playing might've been in 2001 or 2002. It was at an old arcade which closed down years ago.

It was like, uh, I don't even remember. I know it wasn't Extreme though. And it seemed to be a Japan import.

Gah it's been too long.
Tonight
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nemoide
Trick Member
Trick Member

539. PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2001 sounds about right. I had heard of the game and seen strange clips of it on TV but my first real experience was when a friend got it for Playstation. It was pretty awesome, I loved the fun J-popy musics and always lost (he was on Heavy while I was just getting used to Light). It seemed amazing to me that anybody could get through Candy on Heavy.

However I only played it a few times in the arcade because I was afraid of looking like an idiot. (Fortunately I now look like an idiot with pride!)
I think it was 2003 or 2004 when I got DDR Ultramix for the Xbox and since I didn't have a Playstation at the time, I snatched it up. With that I got to really play on my own and build up skills.

However 2004 was also when I home left for college and playing was really inconvenient and uncommon until I graduated last year. Now I have more plenty of time to play! (Also somewhere in there I ended up getting a PS2, so I'm not stuck with Xbox as my only DDR console)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: