Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Girls and DDR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jupichan
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the game can be played by anyone. If you think only boys or only girls are allowed to play it, then you're a twat.

I will, however say, that most of the people I know who play DDR well are boys. Perhaps it's the supposed competitive streak they have. I've seen two girls that are "omgwtf amazing;" whereas I've seen six or seven boys at that level. (In person, that is.)

For those that don't know, I'm female, and I'm just starting to get myself onto eight-footers. If I'm having a good day, I can manage one or two niners as well.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
djfmf
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't mind if girls are great at DDR, i think it's awesome. i'm not sexist or anything but i totally feel bad when i get my arse handed to me by a girl... that or some kid who is way younger than me. *hangs head in shame* , but still i play for the fun of it and that's all that matters. no need to get cocky and start a fight.
View users profile Send private message
Captain Sarcasm
Basic Member
Basic Member

42. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djfmf wrote:
i don't mind if girls are great at DDR, i think it's awesome. i'm not sexist or anything but i totally feel bad when i get my arse handed to me by a girl... that or some kid who is way younger than me. *hangs head in shame* , but still i play for the fun of it and that's all that matters. no need to get cocky and start a fight.

Ditto on that girl/kid thing. Unfortunately, there aren't any women around here that would give women justice as DDR players. If it were possible to fail Beginner songs, the arcade would double its income solely by the girls around here. Kinda makes me sad...
Ryudori
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think guys tend to underestimate me because I'm a girl. I was at the arcade and selected Max 300 as my first song and the guy behind me said something like 'oh this'll be quick.' The look on his face was priceless after he saw me pass it lol. happy.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girls playing DDR? Well...i guess since they're allowed to vote and drive now-a-days they think they can play Beatmania games as well. Well I've got news for you ladies...you can't play DDR unless you put in the $0.50 - $2.00 to play. And you'll always fail the song unless you step on the squares when the arrows pass the bar on the screen... Do you understand what I'm saying?
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupichan wrote:
If I'm having a good day, I can manage one or two niners as well.

hehehe...i'm sorry i had to do it.
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ShrtysSk8er
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakura Survivor wrote:
Girls playing DDR? Well...i guess since they're allowed to vote and drive now-a-days they think they can play Beatmania games as well. Well I've got news for you ladies...you can't play DDR unless you put in the $0.50 - $2.00 to play. And you'll always fail the song unless you step on the squares when the arrows pass the bar on the screen... Do you understand what I'm saying?

omg have my babies lol
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Goggles123
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care what gender you are if youre supporting DDR your cool with me

Girls i think its awesome if you break the "only nerdy guys play DDR" stereotype
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DJ Tenku
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goggles123 wrote:

Girls i think its awesome if you break the "only nerdy guys play DDR" stereotype

Well, what if you're a girl AND nerdy? (example: me) E7.gif

At my arcade, girls are the really small majority. I've yet to see any other one beside me and Jenn play Heavy.
The guys... eh, I can beat them no prob, and I've yet to see a guy play anything other than A, Holic, Daikenkai, Sakura (I'm a Biiiiig Sakura whore...). When I pick any Paranoia or Max they're like "oh shit"...
And it's quite funny when I see their reactions to the grades. I get like A's and AA's. E4.gif

*sigh* I wish a guy can p0wn me at a song.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
megan23451
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tenku Taka] Well, what if you're a girl AND nerdy? (example: me) E7.gif [/quote]

Tenku Taka, you rock. E4.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Ryu_Hirakashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is.....if women can climb mountains,run marathons,become body builders,cyclers,and swim super huge distances. Why the hell is it so hard to find girls that can own some 10s?

Don't tell me that 99% of the girls in the community are scared to actually sweat? I find that to be complete BS!!

Actually, I was reading about the New York Marathon a while back, and I found out that it was won by some woman from Africa. Goddanm!! Those africans sure can run. Women,children....it doesn't matter. They will own anybody on foot. shocked.gif

Now we need women like that who can play DDR. They would be truly scary.

Hirakashi Ryu
For a beginner, if learning how to play pop'n music is like a parent holding his / her child's hand while crossing a busty street, then learning to play IIDX is like being kicked out of a moving car in the middle of nowhere and having to scrape enough money for a taxi cab ride home.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rychan
Contributor
Contributor

51. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu_Hirakashi wrote:
My question is.....if women can climb mountains,run marathons,become body builders,cyclers,and swim super huge distances. Why the hell is it so hard to find girls that can own some 10s?
Problem is, most of those women aren't into video games E10.gif and even if they are into all of that kind of stuff, DDR seems to take a different kind of stamina. Reading 10s can be really draining if you aren't used to it.

My friend works out, hikes, and is a lot skinner than I am but she can't play the stuff I can yet, she's stuck at 7 and below because she's to chicken to move up. I would probably be playing 10s if 9s didn't make me sick for 2 weeks to a month every time I play one in the arcade.
Basic Member
Basic Member

52. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BumbleBee3 wrote:
I beat most of the guys where i go

its such a good feeling E13.gif

Ditto. And I like muh regulars. riiight.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

53. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rychan wrote:
Ryu_Hirakashi wrote:
Problem is, most of those women aren't into video games E10.gif and even if they are into all of that kind of stuff, DDR seems to take a different kind of stamina. Reading 10s can be really draining if you aren't used to it.

My friend works out, hikes, and is a lot skinner than I am but she can't play the stuff I can yet, she's stuck at 7 and below because she's to chicken to move up. I would probably be playing 10s if 9s didn't make me sick for 2 weeks to a month every time I play one in the arcade.

Chicks who don't like video games have problems.
O.o;;; Well... I have problems too...but still.....

DDR is and forever will be my drug.... and I'm glad to overdose.
Basic Member
Basic Member

54. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu_Hirakashi wrote:
Why the hell is it so hard to find girls that can own some 10s?

.......*slowly raises hand* heh..
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absofrigginlutely E13.gif

frust.gif i can guarandamntee that most of the people that say in this forum that girls are not DDRers are either trying to get attention, or suck at DDR. Ive live in Sacremento, CA and there is not alot of DDR here. no tourneys in Sac, crappy machines, we fend for ourselves. But that doesnt stop me from seeing a girl own some tens. i picked standard she picked heavy, she killed me. but still, if you took all of the people in the US, and took the sucky:good ratio of all boys and all girls. the girls would have a higher percentage of unbelievable players compared to the sucky ones because theyre motivated by sexists that say they cant do it!! you can give me your reasons about why girls shouldnt play DDR, personal message me in fact, ill prove you wrong and then say who, theyre point, and how i proved them wrong on this forum.

boo-ya. bring it, youre wrong, everyone agrees with me except YOU
Ryu_Hirakashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I come to think about it, I do remember this one girl who was danm good back in the 3rd mix days. She lived in Jersey and she was in the first tourney I was every in.

She was a danm good doubles player. I've yet to reach her level of skill at doubles. How long as it been? I can't remember her name for the life of me since nobody has heard anything from her. erm.gif

Sorry if it slipped my mind before. Better late than never.

I'd love to take her on now, since I've improved soooo much since those days.

Hirakashi Ryu
For a beginner, if learning how to play pop'n music is like a parent holding his / her child's hand while crossing a busty street, then learning to play IIDX is like being kicked out of a moving car in the middle of nowhere and having to scrape enough money for a taxi cab ride home.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Julie QQQ...?
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu, was that Jackie? She was a legend around and was good even before I got into the game.
Ryu_Hirakashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[RiVAL] Julie Q wrote:
Ryu, was that Jackie? She was a legend around and was good even before I got into the game.

Thanks for reminding me!!! That was certainly her. Danm that girl could play. Back then I sucked way too much to face her equally. I DEMAND A MATCH!!!

She was part of the reason I become so good in the first place. After Mid-A I was gushing over that girl. I wanted to be her equal, but now she isn't around anymore.

She was SDG'ing stuff LONG before I could do it.

Hirakashi Ryu
Julie QQQ...?
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I never got to see her play, because she had stopped playing just as I started getting into it. But at that time, I think EVERYONE was jizzing themselves over the fact she could play Afronova Stealth or Mirror or some crap like that, and getting phenomenal scores, too.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: