Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDRX-cabinet pads & longterm health of your legs/feet
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to play a Dance Dance Revolution X arcade machine last Thursday when my parents and I were vacationing in Virginia. The pad seems as hard as a rock. I got C's on heavy/expert songs (I figure I would normally get A's or at least B's on such songs). My feet felt strange after playing (not necessarily immediately after), I think my right heel was a bit sore or something. I had played on an In The Groove 2 cabinet earlier that day as well as other (mostly Dance Dance Revolution) machines earlier that week (I played at least two different machines everyday Monday through Thursday last week including a Solo 2000 cabinet Monday and a Pump It Up: Exceed 2 Wednesday). I do wonder whether the pads were the greatest factor in my abysmal scores or whether the timing of the machine threw me off significantly. Is this machine going to be very successful?

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Yeehaw McKickass
Contributor
Contributor

21. PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncopation wrote:
Shavings would suggest something like compressed sawdust and therefore a fiberboard, rather than true wood.

As far as the pad rigidness per step is concerned, how do they compare vs. something like a Cobalt Flux home pad or even a Pump It Up arcade machine pad?

The best comparison between an X pad not worked on and anything else is the namco crap-o-cab pads, or a poor attempt a a home made pad.

A CF will be more repsonsive, and PIU pads will vary in comparison depending on how well kept they are. I've found a lot of well kept pump machines that are better than well kept DDR machines. Your mileage may vary though.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually about to post a topic somewhat regarding this in the Chit Chat forum, but I may as well just ask here. Its not really regarding DDR X, but it does relate to the feet/legs issue. Before I ask my main question, I'll give a little background information. I live in a small town where DDR is NOT popular, and as far as cabs go, all we have is an ITG1 machine with a broken 2P. I got to go to Castles n' Coasters this previous weekend in Phoenix, AZ, and the DDR EX/ITG2 cabs were swarmed with hardcore players. I arrived there at about 5 pm, and played practically nonstop until the place closed(midnight). The main reason I was motivated to keep playing was because there were people there with their USBs that had insane songs/stepfiles, and I may not get a chance to play with people like this for a looooong time.

Anyway, with some breaks here and there, I played for a total of about 6 hours, with songs ranging from lvl 8-13. As you can imagine, my legs and feet were HORRIBLY numb/sore. I had trouble walking, and my toes hurt the worse becuase I tend to play on my toes. That was about 3 days ago, and my legs feel alright now, but my feet still fell pretty sore.

My main question is, should I be worried? This has never happened to me before, even when I have 1-2 hour sessions, so thats why I'm asking. Obviously, the pain should go away as long as I continue to just relax the next few days, but are there any long term effects I need to worry about? Sorry if I sound dumb, but its just something I'm pretty concerned about.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

General soreness for 1-3 days after an intense workout that your body is not used to is common.
8ftmetalhead
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all in this thread - be careful you don't overdo it, especially if you start getting pains in your knees when you step or run.
I used to play soccer and skateboard alot when I was in intermediate school (around about 12 y's old), I ended up with this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osgood-Schlatter_disease

So I effectively had to stop exercising and being physical after that, or end up with deformed knees. disgust.gif

I've been playing DDR for about a year now, and have only experienced burning sensations in my shins and thighs at home, but comparing how I used to skate and how hard the DDR arcade cabs in my area have to be stomped on, there is little difference so it's bound to injure someone sooner or later.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: