Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dance Dance Revolution X Coming to Arcades!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auspher
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Dance Dance Revolution X Coming to Arcades! Reply with quote

This was on the front page of Bemanistyle, and I'm suprised it hasn't found it's way here:

Quote:
Dance Dance Revolution X
It is only announced for Playstation 2, but Dance Dance Revolution X will be entitled to a release for arcade. The game is to succeed DDR Supernova 2. The game will celebrate the anniversary of 10 years for DDR.
The cabinet will also be officially released in France (unlike DDR Supernova 2).
It is also interesting to note that the name "Dancing Stage" is over. Now the DDR games which will be released in Europe well known Dance Dance Revolution and no longer Dancing Stage.

Interesting, and about time the "Dancing Stage" name is scrapped.

Last edited by Auspher on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
DarkTetsuya
Contributor
Contributor

1. PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they couldn't use 'revolution' though? and I didn't know you posted here...
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I've been posting here for years...>.>. You only took notice of me when I became a live listener. I've been absent from these boards for a few months mainly because I've been distracted by my own community's boards, oddr.net, so...
The Mole
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already posted about this in ddr chit chat with video.

Yes, I own my own DDR/ITG2 machine.

My scores are mostly upgrade.

Come by sometime and play.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Auspher
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. That's the wrong place to post "Arcade" info.

2. I beat ya to it. happy.gif
DarkTetsuya
Contributor
Contributor

5. PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And besides, that trailer's two months old, and for the PS2 version.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that wasnt posted anywhere on these forums.

Yes, I own my own DDR/ITG2 machine.

My scores are mostly upgrade.

Come by sometime and play.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Auspher
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that some songs that were on the JP CS version of SuperNOVA 2 make it onto DDR X Arcade, like "Time Hollow". It's also interesting to think what Konami is planning to do with this mix. Seeing that it's going to celebrate DDR's 10th anniversary, I hope that some songs get revived that were only on the first 5 mixes.
DarkTetsuya
Contributor
Contributor

8. PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auspher wrote:
I hope that some songs that were on the JP CS version of SuperNOVA 2 make it onto DDR X Arcade, like "Time Hollow". It's also interesting to think what Konami is planning to do with this mix. Seeing that it's going to celebrate DDR's 10th anniversary, I hope that some songs get revived that were only on the first 5 mixes.

Well I know it appeared in the trailer for the PS2 game, so I wouldn't be I don't know what they could include to make it more appealing than SN2, though.
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkTetsuya wrote:
Auspher wrote:

Well I know it appeared in the trailer for the PS2 game, so I wouldn't be I don't know what they could include to make it more appealing than SN2, though.

If anything, Konami should do what Square Enix had done to Final Fantasy in recent memory: putting the series in its correct order (no more omitted songs/songs that aren't in that AC-based mix). No more "FFIIUS is really FFIVJ!" crap, while I suggest that Konami should take a page or more, so that it will never release non-J CS, AC-based DDR's arcade-imperfectly ever again.

Also, since Konami started DDR understaffed (read: it's just NAOKI as the ONLY in-house Bemani artist on 1stMIX AC), it might as well make a dedicated, Dancemania artist-specific course. Last I checked, even smile.dk/X-TREME/Captain Jack/Bus Stop has more songs in DDR than any given IIDX/pop'n primary that has AC DDR Originals! disturb.gif

In the same vein, DDR should add the appropriate least used GFdm/pop'n/IIDX artists, since IIDX have been losing artists since TaQ left Konami. Yes, TaQ/Tatsh/Shoichiro Hirata, leaving Konami, is a blatant waste of talent. Heck, I would even welcome Pink Capsule and Ai Suzuki to AC DDR with open arms, since both acts only have three songs each during their respective tenures in GFdm. Yes, their talents would be more greatly appreciated in DDR than they would be in GFdm.

Yes, we all miss BeForu, now that they're with AVEX. Hell, since there are some unreleased-to-a-Bemani-game, pre-AVEX songs that BeForU had (yes, this includes Riyu Kosaka solos), I hope that all of them would be released exclusively to DDR, given that BeForU started its overall musical existence in DDR.
Auspher
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim! wrote:

Yes, we all miss BeForu, now that they're with AVEX. Hell, since there are some unreleased-to-a-Bemani-game, pre-AVEX songs that BeForU had (yes, this includes Riyu Kosaka solos), I hope that all of them would be released exclusively to DDR, given that BeForU started its overall musical existence in DDR.

I know I miss them...I was really looking forward to "Red Rocket Rising" being in SuperNOVA 2, but when it didn't show up on the list, I was really disappointed...
B4ULoveShine
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auspher wrote:
Tim! wrote:

I know I miss them...I was really looking forward to "Red Rocket Rising" being in SuperNOVA 2, but when it didn't show up on the list, I was really disappointed...

But the problem is, it has been implied that since SN2 AC, DDR is banned from having AVEX BeForU (and by extension, AVEX Riyu Kosaka) songs, since instead of an AVEX BeForU song that we actually expected to show up in SN2AC, it was Angelus by Hitomi Shimitani (which was also featured in Inuyasha).
baseSon
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay we finally get the title DDR E1.gif
ICNH
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't someone already use the "X" theme to celebrate the 10th arcade release?

Oh, yeah!

PUMP IT UP: EXCEED

disgust.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the 10th release
Quote:
yay we finally get the title DDR

what?
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X=Tenth anniversary.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIQ9 wrote:

Quote:

what?

He's from London, and celebrating the fact that they finally get to call it DDR instead of Dancing Stage.

A woman on Team WIMN... Lolz
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Auspher
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, Konami has officially confirmed DDR X for arcades, even though we've known about this for a while. Why DDR Freak headlines a new website and not this a long time ago, I'll never know.
B4ULoveShine
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashes2Ashes wrote:
NIQ9 wrote:

Quote:

what?

He's from London, and celebrating the fact that they finally get to call it DDR instead of Dancing Stage.

I just hope that X CS is arcade-perfect, just like most of today's ARCADE fighting games. Yes, hopefully, this time around, NO MORE omitted songs, this time around, I swear, I would love to see a universal ARCADE-PERFECT songlist for all regions (US, Japan, Europe).

Europe, I'm glad that Konami heeded my advice to at least get the name right, as I used the pre-FFVII installments as a set of examples and how they were out of order (example: FFII US is FFIV J; FFIII US is FFVI J).
Ashes2Ashes
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside, I really hope they don't keep that logo, it's really ugly.

A woman on Team WIMN... Lolz
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: