Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official StepMania Help, Bug, Error, Fix, News thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40, 41, 42  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDRPLAYER16
Basic Member
Basic Member

60. PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: error Reply with quote

Hey i hope you can help me,

I just downloaded stepmania and 2 songs. every time i try to play, it says first stage, then thiss error comes up

D3DXGetImageInfoFromFile() failed for file 'songs\ez2dancer 1st move\cross\bga_intro'.(D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA)

i dont know what this is but im angry. this maybe a easy solution i just downloaded it today.

Thanks
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DMX
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play my stepmania for 10 minutes and it crashes.....really pisses me off. Anyone have a guess what might be the problem???

DMX-Dog 4 life
View users profile Send private message
koru
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i made a topic about this by mistake so i'll re-post it here:

Ok i got the latest version of sm,and i have a huge list of songs in the song folder and in the group folder,then each song and everything is in their own folder,but i cannot seem to get them to load into the game,all the songs are there but when i play the game it says "no songs included" or something.Someone help,i've done exactly what the stepmania site told me to do,and still nothing.
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

koru wrote:

Ok i got the latest version of sm,and i have a huge list of songs in the song folder and in the group folder,then each song and everything is in their own folder,but i cannot seem to get them to load into the game,all the songs are there but when i play the game it says "no songs included" or something.Someone help,i've done exactly what the stepmania site told me to do,and still nothing.

[Stepmania's Main folder]>>>[songs]>>>[group]>>>[songs themselves]>>>[song files like the mp3s, etc.]

Set up like that?

And DDRPlaye16, it saying your skin doesn't have support for ez2 dancer meaning the metrics are bad.

DMX, more info please.

Hope this helped! nerd.gif
GR
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Hey.......... Reply with quote

Hey, could you help me with a conversion of a real DDR Extreme machine into a Stepmania machine? I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here, but if you can help, I'd much appreciate it.

Really, I'm most worried about the technical aspects of it. How does one connect a computer to the actual pads, coin operation, and front buttons? What are the pad's connectors? Parallel? Micro-parallel? A unique connector?
Basic Member
Basic Member

65. PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Man 95747 wrote:
koru wrote:

[Stepmania's Main folder]>>>[songs]>>>[group]>>>[songs themselves]>>>[song files like the mp3s, etc.]

Set up like that?

And DDRPlaye16, it saying your skin doesn't have support for ez2 dancer meaning the metrics are bad.

DMX, more info please.

Hope this helped! nerd.gif

Well how do i fix that?? ( im new at this and dont know the terms...)
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably can't fix it unless you know a lot about skinning. This is a common problem with the CVS builds because they have changed the skin template, so some of the older skins are not compatible with the newer versions. You either have to find a newer skin or an older SM.
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My StepMania 3.9 Alpha 18 isn't keeping my scores. I created a profile already. Can anybody help?
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shen wrote:
My StepMania 3.9 Alpha 18 isn't keeping my scores. I created a profile already. Can anybody help?

Re-intall it and try again.
Shen
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Man 95747 wrote:
Re-intall it and try again.

Just tried that and it didn't solve that problem. However, it did solve some other problem that I never knew I had. lol
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bug in SM A18, happens to me too and sucks. Sorry I can't help you any more than that E2.gif .
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me where to get a whole bunch of ddr extreme songs for stepmania. i need a site that actually works. thanks

http://thumbs.villagephotos.com/index.asp?id_=8635398
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Shen
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJX wrote:
It's a bug in SM A18, happens to me too and sucks. Sorry I can't help you any more than that E2.gif .

Ah poopy. Does the one provided by Phrek in his FAQ section work with data saving?

Quote:
Can anybody tell me where to get a whole bunch of ddr extreme songs for stepmania. i need a site that actually works. thanks

I find www.ddruk.com to be very helpful. You need to register first.
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shen: You can use either SM A17 (which is, I believe still available at www.stepmania.com), or 3.0...they should save your scores just fine, and since very little changed between 17 and 18, you probably won't notice the difference.

Maniac_freestyler085: www.ddruk.com
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Stompin' Arrows. Stompin people in 2K3. Jus' Stompin'.
74. PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, so close and yet so far.

I recently purchased a "Smart Joy Plus" adapter.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=23&products_id=3833&likref=bemanix

It works flawlessly, except I can't get it to register up and down arrows at the same time. Left and right work fine, but those two pesky buggers don't want to work together. Any thoughts?
starcrafta
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently SM 3.8 alpha 8 has the reputation of being the best, most stable release so far (support for all old stuff while still being new) but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help me out?
View users profile Send private message Send email
DDRPLAYER16
Basic Member
Basic Member

76. PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJX wrote:
You probably can't fix it unless you know a lot about skinning. This is a common problem with the CVS builds because they have changed the skin template, so some of the older skins are not compatible with the newer versions. You either have to find a newer skin or an older SM.

Well scince those dont work how do i delete thos allowing me to get new songs

And speaking of new songs, where can i get Love Shine, CRASH! ??
The Tempest
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Stompin' Arrows. Stompin people in 2K3. Jus' Stompin'.
77. PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddruk.com
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...I just fully read through what you asked about in the first place, and it has nothing to do with skinning...SM just isnt able to load something out of the song folder, which looks like its supposed to be the background animation or background image. I would suggest getting some of the official stepfiles from www.ddruk.com and trying to play those so we can isolate whether the problem is with Stepmania or the song.
Basic Member
Basic Member

79. PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went to http://www.ddruk.com/articles/cnglog.htm and i trying to download things but how so i do it?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 4 of 42

Jump to: