Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ITG Song Censorship Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMxJM
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the meaning to the "Have you ever seen red when it should have been yellow?" line in 'Mellow'. Heh. If it took someone like me (nearly 21 and fairly knowledge about hidden meanings) about a dozen listens to get that, what are the odds some censor holding a list of "naughty" words would've picked up on it right away?
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

jAAAmes wrote:

oh and about no 1 nation, that is really weird. i dont think they meant to take the sound out in those parts because i used to play it in stepmania and one of my speakers was broken so the sound would only come out of one side. it does the exact same thing as the home version because during that part, the sound jumps back and forth between the speakers. since only one speaker worked for me, it sounded censored.

I think on purpose. I was just listening to the MP3 (that was not acquired on a site for ITG stuff, so supposedly uncensored), and the beginning 4 measures with the guitar that seems to be "censored" comes out on one side on purpose. Left, right, left, right (unless you were stupid with wire connections).

EDIT:
AMxJM wrote:
I just got the meaning to the "Have you ever seen red when it should have been yellow?" line in 'Mellow'.

...Oh, COME ON.... goog.gif

If you end up joining, put "ThreeLeafIvy" in the referrer box, will ya? E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the red when it should've been yellow referring to urine? HAR HAR HAR
View users profile Send private message
Ebisumaru
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that the new E rating is really strict, and E10+ is probably like the old E rating.
AMxJM
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

'Ivan wrote:
AMxJM wrote:
I just got the meaning to the "Have you ever seen red when it should have been yellow?" line in 'Mellow'.

Well, I've been in a mental daze of my own lately and I didn't think about it much... riiight.gif And I only heard it for the first time a few days ago, by the way.
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think jAAAmes is right. we should all write complaint letters to ESRB. it wont do anything, but we might get an apology or reason, and it would sure as heck make me feel better. so... anyone have an address?
dieKatze88
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, The fact of the matter is that the ERSB doesnt frick' work. Serioulsy ive done research and ive checked the stats for my english paper this year (I got an A on it BTW)

Heres the fact:
ERSB ratings for AO feature rules that basicaly state that GTA, and all those stupid Guy games are AO, Not the M they are rated. ERSB lets so much poopy slide its amazing. just think
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Slowpoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMxJM wrote:
I just got the meaning to the "Have you ever seen red when it should have been yellow?" line in 'Mellow'. Heh.

I always figured they were talking about traffic lights...
View users profile Send private message Send email
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I personally have always supported the grosser interpretation of "have you ever seen red when it should have been yellow", it had also occured to me that it could be talking about traffic lights instead. So, it's open for interpretation. That's what makes the song so great. One interpretation is definitely a lot more bizarre than the other, but then again the whole song's pretty weird.

Switching topics back to Charlene and the bizarre bleeping of "dark side", I've thought of a possible explanation -- maybe it was believed that it could be interpreted as racist by some. Since "dark" is almost a synonym for "black", an extremely zealous political-correctness person might think that line means "stay out of the part of town where the black people live" and thus ZOMG RACISM! Although I'm quite sure that songwriter meant nothing of the sort, I guess the censorfolk have to think about how a line MIGHT be interpreted and not just how it's intended to be interpreted.
AMxJM
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just figured they probably went ZOMG SATANISM! instead, which is about as dumb IMO. Geez, as if I wasn't already annoyed enough with the way Charlene got censored...
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

70. PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark is not censored to black.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody said that it was. Go back and read more carefully.
Mr. A
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

'Ivan wrote:

EDIT:
AMxJM wrote:

Hah! I never realized that until now. laugh.gif

Fortunately, I've never seen red when it should have been yellow. (I did see neon-green when it should have been yellow when I took those GNC-Mega-Men multi-vitamins, though.)
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOO MUCH MOTHER FUCKING INFORMATION. E10.gif

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
rampage
Administrator
Administrator

74. PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another one:

Charlene, "they touched your gorgeous body with their greedy eyes"

Gorgeous is censored. So they can talk about lost innocense, but not gorgeous bodies?

Also, near the end, "Dark side" sounds like it was changed to "Light side". Ha! Stay out of the light side of town, Charlene! They don't want your skank buttocks there anymore.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
rampage
Administrator
Administrator

75. PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

Alpha (IIDX Style) wrote:
'Ivan wrote:

EDIT:
AMxJM wrote:

Hah! I never realized that until now. laugh.gif

Fortunately, I've never seen red when it should have been yellow. (I did see neon-green when it should have been yellow when I took those GNC-Mega-Men multi-vitamins, though.)

That's the vitamin B2. It's notorious for creating flourescent urine.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
AMxJM
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampage wrote:
Here's another one:

Charlene, "they touched your gorgeous body with their greedy eyes"

Gorgeous is censored. So they can talk about lost innocense, but not gorgeous bodies?

I'll admit that the way Miss Manu pronounces "gorgeous" has always bugged me, but I can at least somewhat stand it. The censored version sounds like it's just lyrical butchering.

rampage wrote:
Also, near the end, "Dark side" sounds like it was changed to "Light side". Ha! Stay out of the light side of town, Charlene! They don't want your skank buttocks there anymore.

...oh, holy crap. disgust.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

jAAAmes wrote:
i say we all write letters to the ESRB to complain about this. There is absolutely no reason to censor anything in this game. It just completely blows my mind about all the poopy they put in movies and other games, and then censor stupid poopy that doesnt even matter. all they did was ruin it, they didnt make it any better for anybody.

They are RedOctane, not the ESRB. A game gets submitted, the ESRB gives a ruling, the publisher says, "Well, what if I want this to be an E instead of a T?" The ESRB then provides a list of what would have to change in order to make it an E. Then the publisher decides whether or not to act upon those changes to get the lower rating. It was fully within RedOctane's power to release a Teen rated game and keep the songs intact.

So send your letters to RedOctane, not the ESRB.

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Philipio
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent my email. I urge you all to send an email to feedback@redoctane.com, and express your feelings on the game's censorship.
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

Sinistar wrote:
jAAAmes wrote:
i say we all write letters to the ESRB to complain about this. There is absolutely no reason to censor anything in this game. It just completely blows my mind about all the poopy they put in movies and other games, and then censor stupid poopy that doesnt even matter. all they did was ruin it, they didnt make it any better for anybody.

They are RedOctane, not the ESRB. A game gets submitted, the ESRB gives a ruling, the publisher says, "Well, what if I want this to be an E instead of a T?" The ESRB then provides a list of what would have to change in order to make it an E. Then the publisher decides whether or not to act upon those changes to get the lower rating. It was fully within RedOctane's power to release a Teen rated game and keep the songs intact.

So send your letters to RedOctane, not the ESRB.

Besides, the ESRB probably couldn't care less what we think of the game. We could write them letters all day and nothing will happen. Sending letters to RO makes more sense, since they're directly involved with the game.

Oh, and from before, yea there is the N-word said in DDR, but it's from Korean mix and has never been on a home console. Burning Krypt was much more...obvious too.
Go Getta
EYYY
Go Getta
EYYY
Go Getta
YEAH
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: