Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dance/music games to be Documented on Icons on G4tv
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hinestomato
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know what the topic on this thread means.. but i have to say, the halo dude playing DDR would be great
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

21. PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the special, it was OK. It portrayed Bemani in a very positive light, and at least acknowledge the existance of other Bemani games such as Guitar Freaks and Drum Mania...

What I didn't like about it is that it blurred the line between Japanese gaming and American gaming. While the special made pretty clear that Parappa the Rappa never caught on in america quite as it did in Japan, the way they talked about DDR releases made it sound like they were talking about America support for things that were released in japan... such as when they talked about DDR being released for "the dreamcast and the PS2".... yeah... IN JAPAN. They had the guy from konami talking about how konami seems to have found it's nitch in perephrial gaming and it's like, yeah OK maybe you have, but you haven't released 3/4ths of them in America! I dunno, just adds to that whole "These machines are licensed for use in Japan Only" when this special showed plain as day a couple of DDR Extreme machines, a guitar freaks machine & other import machines being played in an American arcade.

So yeah, it wasn't a bad special just... a little misleading I think as to just how much Konami has supported music games here as opposed to Japan.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree I saw it to and say it was alittle misleading. Yeah DDR came out for DC and PS2 but DC in japan and in late oct/early nov for PS2 US. Also showing DDR EX and GF/DM like it's in every or most arcade from konami of america. It was nice but need to do a 1 or 2 hr special on bemani games only, so it can really talk about us importing DDR and other games here.
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: