Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Quiting DDR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-LoC- SkitZĀ®
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my pad's been broken for ages, i usually go to the arcade like once every other week. but since my b-day's around the corner... hello metal pad E1.gif E4.gif
Rychan
Contributor
Contributor

21. PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my DDR and though I haven't even played a full year yet, I highly doubt I will ever quit. DDR has done such nice things to my body and since I started I've lost about 23 pounds E4.gif By the time anything gets easy, they throw out a new mix and so long as there is music and an interest, I don't see why Bemani or Konami will stop.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Covina, So-Cal. Where there's DDR galore and Tekken is a must.
22. PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since there is no chance this will be happening any time soon, i guess its safe to assume that i will quit when pigs are able to be launched out of a bazooka and live laugh.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

23. PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might quit someday, but not anytime soon. I'm still having way too much fun. When I'm on the dance pads, that's when I'm happiest. I totally let go of all my worries and fears. DDR players are always so nice E15.gif ; some of the nicest people in my life I have met on the dance pads and we have our own little group at Knoebels and everybody knows everybody elses names...Of cource there are rotten apples in every fandom. It feels so good when people clap or give you complements after a game...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Rychan
Contributor
Contributor

24. PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[A]MD wrote:
I might quit someday, but not anytime soon. I'm still having way too much fun. When I'm on the dance pads, that's when I'm happiest. I totally let go of all my worries and fears. DDR players are always so nice E15.gif ; some of the nicest people in my life I have met on the dance pads and we have our own little group at Knoebels and everybody knows everybody elses names...Of cource there are rotten apples in every fandom. It feels so good when people clap or give you complements after a game...

I've experienced a lot of the same. I've met really nice people while playing. I have my group of about 5 people that we all drive up together, though it's not quite so common anymore.
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gonna quit for a long time, i've been playing for 2 years now and my interest in it is still the same as when I first played, it's too fun of a game to quit, and if I ever run out of money like bum on the street kinda out of money then i'll still find some way to play E4.gif
Maat's Cap:O Apocalypse:O Claustrum:O Kikoku:O X's Knife:O Rajas Ring:O !First LS To Kill Jailer of Love!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
BTTB
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonslaver wrote:
the quiet fox wrote:
Well, the fact that there are still new mixes and songs for me to play mean that I can't be bored as long as there's fresh material... still, I've owned Konamix for a year, and I'm not sick of the songs on it yet (granted, I don't play it as much now that I have newer stuff). DDR is fun. The illusion that I might be able to dance in real life is also fun to maintain. happy.gif I don't see myself quitting any time soon.

Are you really the owner of Konamix.if you are its the coolest. E1.gif

Um... he meant that he owns a copy... um... then I am the coolest also? Along with many others! Konami...owns...Konamix... hence Konami+ Mix? Get it? riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit ddr a long time ago when it wasnt cool anymore. That was when Max came out :erm:
DDRShadow
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. I quit a long while back. They have the lateist mix or whatever at my mall. My little bro still contacts me and tells me he still plays. What can I say, was fun while it lasted.
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Drenchfur"]I don't play DDR as much as I used to because I'm getting a bit bored of MAX 2. I also am trying to clue in the management at the arcade that WE NEED A FAN BESIDE THE MACHINE. I told them I can't play as long now because it gets too hot. At least in March I could pop outside for cold air.

I will buy DDR MAX 2 for PS2, no doubt, and probably every sequel after that. But, my arcade days may be nearing their end.[/quote]

since you're so friggin bored with max 2, PLAY DDR EXTREME!!!!!!!!

it's at malibu grand pix in georgia
Foxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wont quit ddr for a long time!!! i kick butt and other stuff like the machine if i fail!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOOLALALALALALALALA
if you want 2 quit you're crazy i love da game i have konamix and american mix 2 red octane fat pads blah blah blah lalalalalalala
E4.gif biggrin.gif i rule!!!!!!! so duz ddr!!!!!!!!!
sHadOwDAncErs
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be quitting DDR soon... Thinking about it... I don't think I would quit EVERRR... Unless I broke a leg (cuz I'm too old) haha laugh.gif But I don't see what Happening anytime soon E13.gif biggrin.gif

My Pretty Much Daily Issues A Shadow can never leave traces behind
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Tenaciousmonk
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to do it but...

DDR 4 LIFE!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
jay1short11
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XsTePs OF LightningX wrote:
qutting makes me anna cry, so i will never quit E13.gif
laugh.gif anna well i dont know about crying but i will not be quiting ddr any time soon unless i lose my legs thats the only way i would see myself quiting but i could always use my hands hhmmm E1.gif o well E19.gif .
Tenaciousmonk
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be an interesting topic of it's own!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
dragonslaver
Basic Member
Basic Member

35. PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all have to quit....well when ever we get old or have a disorde frown.gif.But we have to put up with it. thease are reasons why.

1.Youll get old.

2.youll get pissed at it.

3.yoll bereak something and never ever play again.

4.they quit makeing ddr. E2.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
jamus_se
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, everytime I wanted to quit DDR there's always something new for me.

1) I wanted to quit back when it was 5th Mix... but then DDR Max offered Max300 and now I found myself wanting to beat the last hard song before quitting...

2) Then I wanted to quit after passing Max300. But then Max 2 came out and I have Onis to tackle.

3) Then I finished the Onis I liked and left the ones I didn't like alone and I wanted to quit, but then Extreme came out and PAing got easier, so now I'm trying to get a full AA list.

The next step would naturally be to AAA as much songs as I can. Then there's that entire realm of Double that I want to get back to... there's still much to be done...
View users profile Send private message
Drenchfur
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxx1 wrote:
since you're so friggin bored with max 2, PLAY DDR EXTREME!!!!!!!!

Max 2 is 2 miles away. Extreme is 40 miles away. I think the short trip is just right for getting my DDR fix at the moment. I still play maybe one or two games most days, more if any of the regulars are there.

dragonslaver wrote:
2.youll get pissed at it.

3.yoll bereak something and never ever play again.

My left hand still hasn't healed from spraining it in a fall on June 6th. I think the song was Be Lovin' (Doubles Standard). I was the clumsy one who fell, but I'm still mad at the game for it.
View users profile Send private message
ddrb0i420
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I quit ddr a long time ago when it wasnt cool anymore. That was when Max came out erm.gif

If you quit , why you still here? When I stopped collecting Spawn, I stopped going on that forum. I don't hate them, I just, got tired of collecting.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
dj-Luminus
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play DDR, but definetely not as much as I did when I first started in Summer of 2001. Since then I've beaten every cata (9 footer) from 1st to 5th Mix, beaten MAX 300 and Sakura Hvy, competed in 2 tournaments, taught my little brother how to play, made over 200 edits on MAX US, Konamix, and 3rd/4th/Extra, and beaten numerous Onis. Now when I goto the arcade I usually don't play very hard songs and if I do I do them on Standard (I'm getting more into freestyle), now I really just play for the crowds, and the fun of playing with my friends. I'm definetely getting DDRMAX2 and I probably will continue to visit the arcade to play DDR for awhile, but I'm sure sooner or later I'll quit.

But like I said to myself a long time ago, unlike my brother (9) who was doing catas then quit and now sucks, he hates the game and won't touch it. If I quit and I happen to see DDR on a trip somewhere, or just happen to walk into an arcade with it, chances are you'll see me playing it.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: