Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ITG Song Censorship Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMxJM
Trick Member
Trick Member

120. PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that being brought up earlier in the thread, though I can't seem to find it right now. Not that I really looked that hard. Anyway, the point being made was something like, suppose a kid sees the censored version in gym class and asks his parents to get it for them. The parents don't realize there are two versions of the game and wind up buying the unedited version. Much stink-raising ensues. Anyway, I think the main point was that it's less of a hassle to just release one edited version than two versions.

I like your signature, by the way. E4.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

121. PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading that. Still, I don't think you're giving the parents enough credit. The parents are going to look for an edited version. Parents know it's their job to protect their kids. How many cases of that would there be do you think, one, two maybe? Out of millions of buyers? There's defects with everything. I think there would be far less people complaining that way, at very least. I suppose it is less of a legal hassle though, though I don't see why the parents wouldn't just return the game for the E rated version after finding out.

As for my signiture, thanks! E4.gif I thought it was amusing.
Bunnymoon
Trick Member
Trick Member

122. PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What they should have done was made it an uncut version as a preorder only option. That way it wouldnt get into mainstream and would make the uncut version very collectable, everybody happy. Even then they could put Rated T or whatever on the Uncut version and post a not for resale label on it to cover their butts.

Instead they decided to blindside the the hardcores for munchkin land?
Correct?
View users profile Send private message
Sharz_Miguazin
Trick Member
Trick Member

123. PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite. Although your plan is not without flaws too. All the veteran fans who for whatever reason didn't have the resources at the time to purchase the limited version would be in the exact same boat they are now. I imagine there'd be almost as many of them too. It was a good try though, as it would solve the problem for a number of people with minimal harm to its creators. Guess it doesn't really matter though, even if we come up with the best way to make everyone happy it wouldn't be what they would do anyway... Well, guess there's always hope for the greatest hits rerelease to be uneditted, or at least better editted. E4.gif
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

124. PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question going forward is: will ITG2 and its songs get the same awkward chops? Or will RedOctane let ITG2 come through unharmed and just use ITG1 for its GFIT program?

Once threads start ramping up for an ITG2 console release, I imagine these questions will be asked a lot.

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Bunnymoon
Trick Member
Trick Member

125. PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharz_Miguazin wrote:
Quite. Although your plan is not without flaws too. All the veteran fans who for whatever reason didn't have the resources at the time to purchase the limited version would be in the exact same boat they are now.

I agree my plan isnt air tight. Still its probably the most logical solution, I dont think they will be uncensoring it, even if it ever gets to the point of being a "greatest hits", which I have doubts will ever happen, with the censorship stigma. All we can hope for is a special edition to come out which is just as unlikely.

How many ITG games do they have to sell to make it a greatest hits?
Does anybody know how many they have sold to date?
Crystal Ice TK
Trick Member
Trick Member

126. PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

They are RedOctane, not the ESRB. A game gets submitted, the ESRB gives a ruling, the publisher says, "Well, what if I want this to be an E instead of a T?" The ESRB then provides a list of what would have to change in order to make it an E. Then the publisher decides whether or not to act upon those changes to get the lower rating. It was fully within RedOctane's power to release a Teen rated game and keep the songs intact.

So send your letters to RedOctane, not the ESRB.[/quote]

I might be wrong but I think before it was released (way back in April) all of the websites i checked said the game would be rated T for Teen. I dont know if anyone said this but I'm almost positive that it was going to be T. Like i said this was April.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Char
Trick Member
Trick Member

127. PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinistar wrote:
The question going forward is: will ITG2 and its songs get the same awkward chops?

I think the general concensus is that the chops sound rushed, almost as if they had to be sandwiched in at the last minute or something. If this were true, RoXoR are no doubt going to be checking ratings and whatnot waaay in advance of the next PS2 release. They may even be doing it right now, and that's plenty of time to get each millisecond of the cuts perfect, probably to the point of not being noticed.

With that said, though, I think the majority of the edits were nicely done considering what, if it was a rush job and not just cackhanded cutting, RoXoR had to work with. Repeating a line in LOTRS or the complete hatchet job that was PA Theme might sound silly, but at least they managed to keep the melody perfect and not mess up the steps. I'd still be complaining about it now if that happened.
agent709 (orange)
Trick Member
Trick Member

128. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't notice any cutting in Charlene. E19.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

129. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bleeping in Charlene is more subtle than most. They just distort the words slightly, so that if you already know the lyrics you'll still be able to hear the word quite clearly. But you can tell they did something if you listen closely.
agent709 (orange)
Trick Member
Trick Member

130. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know it was supposed to be censored until I read it here. E15.gif Nice attempt, roxor
Trick Member
Trick Member

131. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me or does its say

MASTERBATING

in Destiny
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

132. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I always thought about that too. Hoodie thinks it is just saying Destiny over and over again but I think it sounds like "MASTURBATE" over and over again.

Hoodie IM'd KeeL and all he said was "haha Smiley music is all about happiness!".

So I guess we're on to him. O=

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Ike Pie
Trick Member
Trick Member

133. PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HID.Sgt.LTR wrote:
Is it me or does its say

MASTERBATING

in Destiny

It definitely sounds a lot like "masturbate," and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it actually said...

Keel can be really *perverted is not the word*... Well, see Kaw's "ElectroClimatic" to see what I mean.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
AMxJM
Trick Member
Trick Member

134. PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, who's "whatever word other than perverted" here? Did it not cross your mind that maybe, just maybe, that vocal in 'Destiny' was saying, I don't know, "DESTINY"? Geez. I will agree that 'ElectroClimatic' could be taken in a suggestive way, though.
Trick Member
Trick Member

135. PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're just saying it sounds like it, jeez.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
AMxJM
Trick Member
Trick Member

136. PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...yeah, sorry about if I came off a little cranky there earlier. I wasn't really in a right mood at the time. riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

137. PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok upon closer examination

IT DOES SAY DESTINY
Malice913150
Trick Member
Trick Member

138. PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol ahh hilarious, it sounds like masturbate
makes me chuckle laugh.gif

but duh song called destiny, if theres a voice in the song, its more than likely to say "destiny", than "MASTURBATE"

some forum subjects are just funny
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
PARANOiA -Respect-
Trick Member
Trick Member

139. PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braintrust wrote:
Only You- If boyfriend is censored, "All the hoochie-mommas put your hands up" sure should be

thats slang for woman. at least be glad he didn't pull out a handgun and yell "PUT YOUR MOTHER FUKING HANDS UP! doggy!"

I think someone should play No1 Nation backwards. maybe its subliminal.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: