Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Injuries/Pain Playing DDR
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danger_boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Injuries/Pain Playing DDR Reply with quote

My sister writes:

While playing DDR: and I play it ALOT: I finished a song and relized a shooting pain in my foot: my dad says I may have torn a Ligament: and it's definately inflammed..

I have trouble walking.. the point where a shot of pain is felt everytime I walk normally (heel to toe)

--> Now I play DDR with my toes: I barely touch an arrow with the whole foot... is this why I have this injury?

SHARE YOUR DDR INJURIES... IF ANY>> (ie falling ect.)
View users profile Send private message
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not playing flat-footed is completely normal, your injuries are probably just a cause of a lack of gracefulness... E13.gif

No injuries for me, I'm fit. E1.gif
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
TrippinTheTrance
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes get pains right in the middle of my feet, and they last quite a while. Also, when I play with my heavy buttocks skating shoes at the arcade, my calves feel like they're going to break off. Also, the other day, i slipped on my cheap mat and busted my head on the ground, mostly just my pride was hurt though E13.gif

-chris

...:::v^v^v^v^{[| LeT's MaxX!! |]}^v^v^v^v:::...
Playing Level: 7-8
Verified
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try catching a foot on the edge of an arcade pad freestyling and falling *over* the trick bar. that hurt, got a laugh, and I still got a D on heaven is a '57 metallic gray. hehe...

Wow, you tore a ligament and STILL play DDR with it injured? The most I did as far as that goes was draining the blisters i got from DDR so i could play more.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i was playin celebrate night & i have one of those madcats beat pad pro pads that has a dumb little plastic thing at the top with a few lights, & when it got to the ^v <> ^v <> (those are jumps) part i accidentally jumped on that , sliped & twisted my ankle riiight.gif E2.gif . it was hard to walk for about a week or so but i got a B on it. but when my ankle was better, i redid it & dominated that song with a AA laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
CiboMatto
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Usually home, but I do on occasion like to hit the coffee shop or library
5. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injuries I've had plenty of..well enough to talk about at least!

For about two weeks I couldn't play because I messed up my toe somehow and then a lot of the time my thighs and calves are sore. So basically, I get aches from the hips down(occasionally on my obliques too!)

Drink. Coffee.

Will work for Latte.

My live journal--http://www.livejournal.com/users/usagi47/
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anytime I play burning heat on heavy with a soft pad (this NEVER happens at the arcade) I start getting severe groin pains. perhaps it's a mental reaction to raping this song...
Mouse
Staff Member
Staff Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I first started playing, I somehow hurt my foot and it sounds similar to the problem that the guy's sister had. I just stayed off of it for a few months. it took a while to heal.

I strained a ligament in my knee before, but not from DDR. I mention it because I did play DDR even though it was painful and despite doctor's orders. I did eventually stop playing, though, and didn't play for a long time because it was just too painful. I still have problems. every once in a while (like when I go running), it'll start hurting.

tell you sister to stop playing if her foot is injured. if it is a ligament that was injured, she'll always have some sorts of problems with it later.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Wednesday, I tried playing LoM, but I over-exerted myself at the end and passed out at the last second. I saw the last freeze arrow and I thought I only blinked, but when I opened my eyes, I was face-down on the carpet.

According to my friends, I leaned back, grabbed the bar, flipped over it, hit the ground just under the base of my neck, and lay there unconscious for a few minutes. Yeah, that didn't exactly tickle. disgust.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

9. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my girlfriend twisted her ankle, and i saw a kid run up the machine and do a backflip, got the handle thing in the back up his bum.. he landed on it from like 7 feet up, looked very painful.. lol

and my friend tryed to do what they do on the comercial, and nutted it..
Wiggy Fifes
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falling off the platform and cracking my ankle, sometimes having a heart attack, and jumping over the trick bar and miss.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Johnny Rainbow
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to DDR, I have had (now permanent)two bad knees, ankles sprained numerous times, and a head injury from slipping while doing Max300 Doubles. Thank you, you piece of shit game.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: ...where the basketweavers sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes...
12. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when I play barefoot at home, I get those pulled tendon things in my feet, but they go away after a week of no barefoot playing (I can still play in my boots, though); I've since stopped playing barefoot altogether as I got tired of having sore feet.

I've come close to passing out at the end of a particularly long/strenuous song, but haven't ever actually done so.

Also, I've had countless large and annoying blisters which just get more large and annoying because I ignore them and continue playing. I currently have two jellybean shaped ones on the insides of the balls of my feet. disturb.gif
DDRdre
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i got two HUGE blisters fomr ddr i poped it and now the skin looks really really bad. I have a foot cramp in the middle of my foot now
Bliznab
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh.gif These injuries I'm reading about from the home pads are going to really prepare me.

I don't have any pains really anymore. When I first started, I'd feel like I was gonna have a heart attack, and the cramps in my legs... ooo the cramps frown.gif but now they don't cramp anymore. Stopping smoking (thank you DDR!) has ceased all breathing problems. Worst that happens to me now is a slight lower back ache and the occasional rare blister on my right foot.. and ONLY my right foot disgust.gif

Perhaps those shoes from that commercial will help. These Shaq's be hurtin'. E13.gif
Spiderwebs
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can still play DDR then you dont have a torn ligament... Maybe strained, but definitely not torn.

I've never had any major injuries from DDR but I have permanent problems in general with my knees, ankles, and back from doing gymnastics and ['real'] dance since I was really young. And I actually have arthritis in one of my knee's which causes problems with DDR if it's being bad.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Mouse
Staff Member
Staff Member

16. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiderwebs wrote:
If you can still play DDR then you dont have a torn ligament... Maybe strained, but definitely not torn.

if it's agony to play with a strained ligament, there's no way somebody could play with a torn one.
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I've recieved blisters on the bottom of my toes from playing DDR. I also got my toe caught on one of the bracket things that hold down the step buttons on the arcade dance pad. It didn't hurt but it bled a little. That was kind of gross. I mean, it was a public arcade, and the dance pad had my blood on it. :S

Luckily we disinfected it and put a bandaid on my baby toe.. yep yep yep.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
smellsgood
Basic Member
Basic Member

18. PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I broke like 4 toes playin E2.gif E2.gif it hert like hell and i kept playin
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Halo001
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been injured playing DDR. I NEVER play barefoot or on cheap pads nono.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: