Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Overweight / Obese DDR Player Thread

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBQ_Tool
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Overweight / Obese DDR Player Thread Reply with quote

Post in this thread if you are obese and or overweight and getting into DDR or if you have any questions for an overweight DDR player. I stopped playing DDR 8 years ago and since then I have gained approx. 60kgs. My doctor has reccomended light cardio exercice and a diet to reduce the kilograms. I am moving into Heavy range and I can clear 7s without feeling like I am going to die and so far I have lost about 5kgs in the month or so I have been playing again.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I checked, my body-fat percentage is around 22%, and my BMI is like 25 or so. I am currently about the nine-foot level. I have yet to find a suitable bar substitute for home play. For arcade play, I have been playing mostly In The Groove -- I usually play bar, and can pass some 10's. I don't think I ever slimmed down much from playing dance games, so maybe that is indication that I overeat too much frown.gif Also, I don't get a lot of exercise outside of dance games, heck, I haven't been getting a lot even with them frown.gif

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Haoie
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this fat dude at the arcade play very well. Much better than me.

Oh the shame of it all!
Tonight
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Da-Risin-Smoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 5' 8" at 162 pounds, and i think I have 8% fat.

Diet comes first in exercise.

If you can't eat well then exercise becomes nearly pointless.

I had Chinese food before playing and I felt like crap after about 3 games.
Then, another time I had Subway and I could play for at least an hour.

So bad food=limited playing, so lose lose!

Outside of ITG I lift weights, and I haven't done Karate in a while.
I eat mop, who?
Haha, you eat your poo.
Groovestats
NIQ9
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm fat (5'8" 250lbs)

I can pass 13's on ITG
I've AAA'd 9 footers no bar
I have more footspeed than anyone else I play ITG with, and all of them are at a healthy weight. You wouldn't THINK someone my size could stream 140 BPM 24th notes or PA/MA 16th note drills at 260 BPM, but you can't underestimate a DDR/ITG player based on size E10.gif

Also, it seems that playing dancing games is an appetite suppressor for me. I should play more, haha.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIQ9 wrote:
i'm fat (5'8" 250lbs)

I can pass 13's on ITG
I've AAA'd 9 footers no bar
I have more footspeed than anyone else I play ITG with, and all of them are at a healthy weight. You wouldn't THINK someone my size could stream 140 BPM 24th notes or PA/MA 16th note drills at 260 BPM, but you can't underestimate a DDR/ITG player based on size E10.gif

Also, it seems that playing dancing games is an appetite suppressor for me. I should play more, haha.

Yeah never base it on size... Being overweight and in shape is better than being skinny and out of shape.
I eat mop, who?
Haha, you eat your poo.
Groovestats
NIQ9
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say that. I'm definitely NOT in shape. I can just play dancing games, haha.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that some fat people outlive some skinny people, and that it might be okay to be a little overweight if you get enough cardiovascular exercise and all. I guess excess fat just increases some health risks. How hard would being overweight be on the joints, though, especially with dance games?

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Da-Risin-Smoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely rather be a little overweight than underweight.

Have no body fat is just bad. Period.
And I doubt who people have very little body fat have a Bruce Lee physique (yeah especially here)
I eat mop, who?
Haha, you eat your poo.
Groovestats
Fresh!
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Overweight / Obese DDR Player Thread Reply with quote

BBQ_Tool wrote:
Post in this thread if you are obese and or overweight and getting into DDR or if you have any questions for an overweight DDR player. I stopped playing DDR 8 years ago and since then I have gained approx. 60kgs. My doctor has reccomended light cardio exercice and a diet to reduce the kilograms. I am moving into Heavy range and I can clear 7s without feeling like I am going to die and so far I have lost about 5kgs in the month or so I have been playing again.

Good on ya! biggrin.gif How are you progressing so far now?

I'm also an old-skool player getting back into DDR, mainly to drop the post-pregnancy weight and being a fat mofo at over 100kg and 5'10."

If I'm getting too tired on double, I switch to single and do some 180+ bpm songs. It has helped, my rear end doesn't look like oversized big macs for a change.
8ftmetalhead
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow fresh, another aucklander who plays didder!
I never thought I'd see one here, of all places. Haoie's the only other nz'er I know of on here.
(plus my secret amazement at you being female)

Personally I was around 82kg when I started, and that was on a scale that weighs lighter than my home one. Then I started diddering, aswell as packing shelves at woolworths (supermarket, americans), so dropped down to 72kg by my own scales. I now sit aorund 76kg, 6ft or something. I'm pretty skinny, but being quite tall and having bung knees I get killed by excessive jumps. Not that I don't enjoy them, I just can't do them for TOO long. Like a few goes of dropout would kill me.

Also, gonna PM you fresh. I'm keen to know more/tell more.
View users profile Send private message
Fresh!
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...starting to! laugh.gif

There were female players aplenty back then (average skill was 9-footers, only a handful were strong in PA), Roxy and I used to beat the snot out of each other playing stamina drainers back to back haha.

*back on topic*

Even though it's been a month, my clothes feel a bit looser. I'm enjoying DDR a lot more these days, just passing songs with ease (stamina-wise).
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: