Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dance Dance Revolution 2010 (Console release)
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irishman
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Dance Dance Revolution 2010 (Console release) Reply with quote

At E3 2009 (in June) Konami announced a new game, called simply Dance Dance Revolution. It is supposed to have an 8-way pad, and over 150 downloadable songs. It was targeted for relaease for 1st quarter 2010. Well, its the beginning of 1st quarter 2010, and I have heard NOTHING further about this game.

In addition, its in no-ones database. There is no vague release date in the Gamestop databases, or Target, or Walmart. No one has any word about this software being anything other than vaporware.

Has anyone here heard anything? Didnt Knoami have a booth this week at CES?

Irishman
View users profile Send private message
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about this, nor do I have any sources to prove my theory, but I think that the DDR game you've mentioned morphed into DDRX2. There's also the chance it might've been converted into the DDR S on the iPhone.

I'm not sure what the true fate of this game is, but if someone else has a better idea, I'd love to hear it.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
8ftmetalhead
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It WAS slated as a multiple release of one DDR game per console, the PS2 got X2, Wii got HP3, and Xbox/PS3 were supposed to get DDR (volume 1)
They shifted the dates of the 360 ps3 versions back to allow further development, so you can probably expect to hear news about it mid/late feb.
If they HAVE pushed development further back, you'll either get an apology right before release or you'll hear nothing and it'll be released quietly, then promoted later on.
irishman
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well well,
This just showed up in Gametop's database. Looks like it is comming out after all. Dont know if that particular street date will be correct or not.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74827
Haoie
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloadable content is stupid, who's with me?
Tonight
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
irishman
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really care as long as I get a lot of songs to choose from.
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haoie wrote:
Downloadable content is stupid, who's with me?

I'm only against it if the game is intentionally released with fewer songs because they're banking on DLC packs. This is lame and greedy.

If you give me a game with 65 songs, then the next game has 45, but offers 100+ in DLC that you have to pay for, I don't see me as coming out ahead with the DLC. The ONLY way I'm cool with a system like this is if the hard copy of the second game cost about $10 - $15 less than the first.

There's no excuse for skimping on the original game content yet charging the full-game price.

shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the preview for this on the Gamestop site. I think the new notes are ugly. And yeah, a small in-game songlist with massive DLC is a pretty dick move. TBH I sort of expect it from Konami, but I'd love to be wrong.

I wonder why its simply called Dance Dance Revolution. Is there any word on classic songs (1st to 5th mix) returning?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
irishman
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I read a review of this and from what I can tell, the new 8 way gaming mode, is a MODE. As you can see on the review, the traditional standard 4 way steps still exist. You can choose what to play or not.

Secondly the DLC is supposed to reach FAR back into the DDR past, including songs from 4th-7th mix.

What I want, is a single console game, to have access to all my DDR songs, so I have the largest selection possible. I have my modded pad controller so that I can play XBOX with my Cobalt Flux. Ill be set. It beets playing DDR in the office on Stepmania, although that really isnt that bad either.

Irishman
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irishman wrote:

Secondly the DLC is supposed to reach FAR back into the DDR past, including songs from 4th-7th mix.

Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.

4th mix is getting towards the "old" DDR games, and perhaps it's just my veteran attitude, but I don't consider 6th and 7th mix "old" in comparison. I generally think of 5th mix and earlier as the "good ole' sh*t".

There're a lot of great songs to be found prior to 4th mix that I would love to hear again.

Toraie
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 panel needs to happen. But there's too much discussion about that already that I won't say anything further. I'll be awaiting the PS3 release just to see how it is~
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Syncopation
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS2 indeed got X2 and it has got to be the most bizarre game since PS2 DDR Extreme.

There's now English/Spanish/French language support but it's not remembered and seems to have to be selected each time the game is powered up?

Fonts and artwork generally seem to clash in the user interface.

The initial song list is small with downtempo licensed tracks and mostly repeat original songs from other DDR mixes. Without unlocking stuff, the game will get very repetitive and boring very quickly.

Dice Master mode and especially Request mode are without a doubt very tedious ways of unlocking the music and other in-game content.

Double mode steps now include stretch double steps after jumps (R1L1 followed by R1 then L1, L1 just an eighth of a beat away from R1) that will prove interesting--wouldn't want to try those on soft mats but metal pads will work well enough.

The audio quality also seems a bit different when compared to other DDR games for the PS2. Can't figure out what that is at this point but it's musically different in Stereo, Dolby Pro Logic II Game mode, and even Dolby Pro Logic II Music mode. Almost sounds the music was mixed with more midrange presence, less low bass presence, and attentuated treble?
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all a conspiracy, man. Konami is out to get you!!!! erm.gif
badger
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're saying they will have some new songs along with all/a lot of the older ones (most likely as DLC)? That would be great!

How much data (How many songs) do you think they are able to fit on a PS3/360 disc? Do you think they are able to put all the older DDR releases onto a newer gen game, but they're skimping out to make money off of the DLC?
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like many other manufacturers, it's likely that they'll release an almost completely finished game and then release alot of stuff for it via DLC.

As for how much data can fit on a single disc, 4.7gb.
For the ps3 version, 40gb. Unless they go all out on the graphics and extra features, they'll be left with about half an empty disc.
Think about it. Konamix has 52 songs or something ridiculous, and it's a CD.

I just hope new zealand actually gets a look in, the latest releases I've seen are hottest party 2 and universe 2, and all the ps2 versions I've seen have been imports.
-dark-xuxa
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahahaha home version
Eldaly
Basic Member
Basic Member

16. PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason they only put a select number of songs on the disk is due to the payments of the rights for the songs.
I bet they really want to stuff the 40GB full of songs but if you have to pay 350 euro's for the game....
That's why they do the same as they did with songstar. Release a nice number of songs, keep the price reasonable and people who want to download more songs can buy them online.

I just hope that they allow, just like in songstar, add the songs of previous games. That way you still can have loads of songs in your game and don't have to rebuy all the songs again online. Because, at the end, you already payed for the rights of those songs.
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8ftmetalhead wrote:

As for how much data can fit on a single disc, 4.7gb.
For the ps3 version, 40gb. Unless they go all out on the graphics and extra features, they'll be left with about half an empty disc.
Think about it. Konamix has 52 songs or something ridiculous, and it's a CD.

As Eldaly states, licensing is probably a plausible reason over format of storage/capacity.

DDR Extreme [arcade] = > 200 songs, and it is on a CD-ROM.
Knuckles1859
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it seems that Konami ditched the 360 and PS3 version to only have it on the Wii. What I dont understand is why they would now ditch it specially when they have the DLC working for them on DDR S+. Now if you dont know much about DDR S + you can dload most of the original songs from previous DDR games. Thats being said you would think that they would try that with the PS3 and X360 not scrap both versions. My other problem with this is being this being the DDR for the Wii they completely scraped all the original DDR characters that were with this series for 10+ years for these ugly generic charaters I mean seriously?

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
8ftmetalhead
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bloody well hope not. But I bet they have. I AM looking forward to project natal's dance games though. They look pretty interesting. But I bet natal is frick expensive.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: