Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Afterburner wiring diagram?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K'
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Afterburner wiring diagram? Reply with quote

My afterburner is kaput, and it seems the internal wires are severed. I used to be an arcade technician, so re-soldering the wires is not the issue for me. The issue is not knowing what wires go where! I need a diagram for the 9-pin connector that goes to the control box. Does anyone have one? I asked Redoctane but they told me they have nothing.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the wiring for the AfterBurner (although I wish I had one instead of my stupid off brand import). I just recently figured out the wiring on my 15 pin pad, so the only thing I can really suggest is trial and error until you get it. If you can pick out the ground for at least one of the sensors, you should be able to figure out the rest, even though its a pain.

Sorry I can't help more. Just thought I'd give my 2 cents since no one else has posted anything :/
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Toraie
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Afterburner wiring diagram? Reply with quote

K' wrote:
My afterburner is kaput, and it seems the internal wires are severed. I used to be an arcade technician, so re-soldering the wires is not the issue for me. The issue is not knowing what wires go where! I need a diagram for the 9-pin connector that goes to the control box. Does anyone have one? I asked Redoctane but they told me they have nothing.

This is relevant to my interests. I like my Afterburner (the panels finally cracked as they're so apt to do, but it hasn't affected performance, so I'm content to leave well enough alone) but..hang on, how did the wires get severed in the first place? Yanking out the cable is the only reason I can think of and it's a stretch at that, but I think a former arcade technician could prevent that.

Also, RedOctane will never help you. Unless they sent you a Guitar Hero drum pedal instead of your Afterburner. Then they'll send you the Afterburner and let you keep the pedal. 8|| personalexperiencego
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
K'
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long story short, a friend borrowed it from me, a second friend borrowed it from them, and moved to Florida. I had it shipped back to me, and it no worky.

Anyway, trail and error is most likely what has to happen. There's only one black wire, which I would assume to be the ground. Just gotta find out where it goes.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a 9 pin, so there should be 9 wires, right? My guess is that two of the arrows share the same ground, then the X and O button would as well. I'm not sure how big of a mess its in, so you might of known/figured that out. Its a pain to do, but at least you learn exactly how your pad works.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
grodenbarg
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay close attention to how many of those pins have had globs of solder and bits of wire to them, and their locations relative to the connector. Start here. If a connector has this standard amount of pins, that does not mean all pins are used in the circuit of any kind.. laugh.gif

Next dis assemble and map your interface box, your wiring answer lies here... nerd.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: