Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Best DDR Edition to come out in the 2000's

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breeze of TGL
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Best DDR Edition to come out in the 2000's Reply with quote

Wow, I haven't posted in Didder in awhile... let alone the actual DDR chit chat section.

anwyays, at my work, I've been tasked with coming up with the top ten list of games that came out in the last decade. and while the game is now IMO on it's dying legs, I do feel that DDR belongs on that list. but now that I'm old, my memory isn't so good, and was wondering if I could get any suggestions to which edition best represents DDR at it's height of popularity.

the only requirement is that it had to come out in the 2000's. which I believe would make 3rd Mix Plus the first eligible game.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
rrssage
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not really sure about popularity... i always figured extreme was the best version.
View users profile Send private message
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're asking about arcade mixes, then it's gotta be DDR Extreme. Nearly every DDR player in the world has played on this mix.

If you're talking about the console mixes, that gets trickier. In the US, I would say it's DDR Max or Max2 on the PS2, because those were the mixes that released during DDR's "golden age". However, there's a lot of newer players who started on SuperNova and have never played Max 1 or 2.

Obviously, I'd have to vote for the Max games on the PS2. They were the closest to the arcade mixes and didn't force the player to go through a ridiculous mission mode to unlock songs. Straight-forward playing would eventually get you every song in the game.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Haoie
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extreme is by far the best, isn't it?

And also the most common it seems.
Tonight
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chennymountain
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite 2000+ DDR has to be either Extreme or (I know you guys are gonna rant and rage about the licensed songs) SuperNOVA. Hilary Duff was kinda a bummer but, I'm my opinion, it's better than Duran Duran and those ultra-ear-spam-I've-heard-this-song-a-million-times songs of Queen, Ricky Martin, and the Village People.

Anyway, yeah, Extreme and SuperNOVA.

Extreme 2 CS was ok but not exceptional.
Max 1 and 2 were good but Extreme and SuperNOVA were better.
SuperNOVA 2 was epic fail.
X was better than SN2, but not as good as Extreme 2.
X2 was super epic dead fail. <rant>I mean come on, "get x marvelous" for half of the challenges? Is that their only way of making the game hard now? And the fact that half of the songs being in Spanish makes me think their audience is shifting to Mexicans (who apparently love DDR more than anyone else nowadays) </rant>

View users profile Send private message
Neon Kel
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm leaning towards MAX2
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: