Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Pad vendors who actually ship?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Pad vendors who actually ship? Reply with quote

I've been really thwarted buying dance pads this year. I caught Blue Shark when they were offline during a move (more here), and was deeply frustrated.

Then two weeks ago, I tried to get my son a metal pad from DDR Live for Christmas. They were happy to take my PayPal payment, but so far, no pad, no shipping confirmation, no reply to e-mail, and no phone number. Not Good.

While I try to get my money back from them, I need a Plan B: who sells inexpensive metal pads (this is for a seven-year old... I don't need a Cobalt Flux) and actually ships? Maybe BNS? Maybe crappy DDR Game, if only because it's on Amazon, who will ship it for free?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

-invalidname
View users profile Send private message
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you're trying to get a metal pad for your 7 y/o son, I would suggest looking into the Red Octane Afterburner pads.

http://www.guitarherostore.com/Game-Controllers/Afterburner-20-Metal-Dance-Pad-with-Support-for-Wii

They have free shipping and these are good pads (not Cobalt Flux or Blue Shark quality, but still good). Your 7 y/o son will not be breaking this thing anytime soon. Also, the Afterburner is probably one of the most compatible pads available. To top it all off, they're a reliable seller and I'm pretty sure they can ship those pads within a few days of ordering them.

Also, when you consider the shipping costs for the average metal DDR pad, free shipping is a huge plus. Aside from Cobalt Flux and Afterburner, I have only bought metal pads on Ebay (which I wouldn't advise because they were junk).

Have you considered checking Craigslist in your area to see if someone is selling some Cobalt Fluxes or something? If u could get one of those for $150 and pick it up locally, that'd be a great idea.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
8ftmetalhead
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternatively you can build your own as an activity with your son. I built mine with my dad over 2 or 3 days. Then you get some bonus family time aswell as a quality mat.
If you're trying to use it on PS2 and/or PC, wire it to a ps2 controller, and if you want to use it on pc too, grab a ps2-usb converter, and wire a second set of arrows to the shoulder buttons, with a switch to connect/break the circuit. That way, if you want to play stepmania, just flick the switch and you won't have to deal with the L/R U/D issue that the rest of us do E1.gif
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8ftmetalhead wrote:
Alternatively you can build your own as an activity with your son. I built mine with my dad over 2 or 3 days. Then you get some bonus family time aswell as a quality mat.

What a wholesome idea.

invalidname
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suko wrote:
Since you're trying to get a metal pad for your 7 y/o son, I would suggest looking into the Red Octane Afterburner pads.

http://www.guitarherostore.com/Game-Controllers/Afterburner-20-Metal-Dance-Pad-with-Support-for-Wii

They have free shipping and these are good pads (not Cobalt Flux or Blue Shark quality, but still good). Your 7 y/o son will not be breaking this thing anytime soon.

Thanks for the suggestion. I went with the Afterburner, and it turned out the Guitar Hero Store was having a 10% off sale, so it was less expensive than the pad I'd ordered from the skeevy place. The 7-year-old loves it and has started clearing typical standard/difficult songs and clearing some nice long combos.
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could be of help to you.

Keep on dancin'

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: