Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

BNS DX Xtreme FUSION + Lite
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
versatil
Basic Member
Basic Member

140. PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Warranties Reply with quote

mfillescasabc wrote:

oh cool....I didn't know you could get a 2 year plan at Best Buy

You sure we're not talking about the same thing?
It was under 10 bucks for the 2yr replacement plan
o_o
View users profile Send private message
orb
Trick Member
Trick Member

141. PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a cool pad
Kitties
Trick Member
Trick Member

142. PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. I just got my Fusion + Sparkle pack on Tuesday. They seem to be working perfectly, no complaints here. E4.gif Doubles is funnn. The ps2 plug has no problems for me either. I haven't tried plugging it into the computer yet though, I might update this post when I do. <3

EDIT: Just thought I'd mention that the Sparkle works flawlessly with Stepmania. I didn't try the Fusion, but I'm assuming they're both going to be the same =P

♥
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

143. PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my Sparkles for a couple months, but I never did a proper review. So, here's my review:

Design/Looks: 8
Yes, it's girly, but I personally think it looks good, and I'm a guy, and no, I'm not gay. The top surface is made of a glossy, shiny vinyl material that feels really good on the feet. It's almost impossible to tear the top surface, unlike the RedOctane Ignition 3.0, which has a textured vinyl surface that tears as easily as toilet paper.

Performance/Sensitivity: 8.5
The sensitivity is pretty good, on par with the Ignition 3.0 and even the MyMyBox BlueShark metal pad. But I recommend putting it on a hard surface, such as plywood, to stop it from slipping around and solidify your steps, because on normal carpet, it tends to be less sensitive and slides around a whole lot more. I don't why that is.

Here are some scores. They were on StepMania, on Judge 4, and using my Sparkle.

Durability: 7
Don't get me wrong, this pad is pretty durable. But the part of the cord that plugs into the PS2/XBOX/PC comes out of the control box if you pull it hard enough, exposing the colored wires on the inside. It doesn't affect anything, unless you have pets that like to pull on loose cords. One of my Sparkles does not work because of that.

Foam Quality: 9
The foam insert is of great quality. It's very, very firm, and is pretty thick. Definitely better than the Ignition 3.0 insert, which isn't a bad insert by any means, but the Ignition 3.0 insert is a lot thinner and tends to sink in.

Overall: 8.5

The Sparkle is a great pad for the money. It's less expensive than the Ignition (at least online), but works better. I'd definitely recommend it.
LordJezo
Basic Member
Basic Member

144. PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I bought myself a pair of these pads, a fusion and a sparkle. Both work great and we are able to score much higher in all of the songs then we could with the pad that came with the PS1 DDR game that was bought many many years ago. No more missteps and they dont move around on carpet as much as the old stuff we had. Because of the extra thickness of the foam they are also a lot quieter.

The only complaint we have is with the control box, because of it's position on the top of the pad and the way it's made, it's hollow, it's easy to snap or crush with a misplaced up step. After only a couple days we have already cracked one and had to duct tape it back together. So far it has cause no damage to anything inside, hopefully it will stay that way and not ruin the pad. It would have been better as a solid piece like the old pad we had, it would be able to take much more abuse that way.

So as a pretty basic player who knew nothing about better home DDR pads I can say that these things are great and will help out even the most basic of players.

Thanks for the info on these. I found out about them from this thread and bought them because of it.
LordJezo
Basic Member
Basic Member

145. PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, forget what I said.

Three or four days of using the pad and the right arrow on the Fusion went kaput. It completely stopped responding. When I tried to take a look at the control box the whole thing shattered in my hand.

I tried emailing BNS to see what could be done about this but they have not yet responded to me.

Blah. Perhaps this is what I get for ordering from a company I have never heard of before. Hopefully something will work out, otherwise its $50+ down the drain.
Aiwemor
Basic Member
Basic Member

146. PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I bought the BNS DX-Sparkle Dance Pad and so far it seems nice... but I have been reading about how they are having a 3rd party make this pad and it's not very good. How can I tell its made by a 3rd party? And what are some signs of it being bad? I don't want to waste $60+ on a pad that is going to break in a month.. I don't have the money for that. =\ Any advice? Thanks!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

147. PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your pad looks like this, you should be fine:

But if it looks more like this, don't even bother using it, it's a piece of crap:

PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

148. PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by PureBlue on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total
Ty Dawg SD
Trick Member
Trick Member

149. PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had this pad for quite a while with it, and I'm very happy with it on my PS2.

But I have a question. Has anybody figured out how to make it work on the 360? I tried connecting it to the USB port, but my XBOX 360 doesn't seem to recognize it. It works fine on my PS2, so I was just wondering if anyone knew how to make it work on the 360?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

150. PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't work for 360
orb
Trick Member
Trick Member

151. PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ordered one of these pads recently? As in, within the past few months? If so, could you comment on the quality of the pad? Thanks! E1.gif
maxx freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

152. PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orb wrote:
Has anyone ordered one of these pads recently? As in, within the past few months? If so, could you comment on the quality of the pad? Thanks! E1.gif
Seconded. I read through the whole thread and it seems these pads have a good reputation. But it seems people have been having more problems in the more recent pages in this thread.

I had an Ignition 2.0 for 2.5 years before it died, so I guess I just got lucky. But I don't want to spend $80 on one Ignition 5.0, so maybe I can pick up two of these for just over $100.
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: