Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Has anyone else ordered (and used)sensors from UniArcade...?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goatee_guy
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Has anyone else ordered (and used)sensors from UniArcade...? Reply with quote

I've ordered sensors from UniArcade (full set) for my Arcade Pad I built... and long story short...

1) They're not very sensitive
2) They don't keep holds

I did read the one post... that said their sensors require a 'break in' period... however... They've been in my machine now for months... and they're still not performing...

I've modded the pad recently and it's made them a bit better... but you still can't play songs with hands.

I can't really 'mod' the pad much more... and I really don't think it's the pad... exact same setup as an arcade pad...

So, if anyone else has bought UniArcade sensors... what's your experience with them?

http://www.uniarcade.com/dance_machine_parts/dance_machine_parts.htm

for anyone who wants a link.

Thanks in Advance.
View users profile Send private message
jtstott2419
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They work fine in my machine. I had to use a folded businees card or two under each bracket. They seem to hold freezes fine. I haven't had any complaints, but I don't have anyone that uses hands.

goatee_guy wrote:
I've ordered sensors from UniArcade (full set) for my Arcade Pad I built... and long story short...

1) They're not very sensitive
2) They don't keep holds

I did read the one post... that said their sensors require a 'break in' period... however... They've been in my machine now for months... and they're still not performing...

I've modded the pad recently and it's made them a bit better... but you still can't play songs with hands.

I can't really 'mod' the pad much more... and I really don't think it's the pad... exact same setup as an arcade pad...

So, if anyone else has bought UniArcade sensors... what's your experience with them?

http://www.uniarcade.com/dance_machine_parts/dance_machine_parts.htm

for anyone who wants a link.

Thanks in Advance.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
goatee_guy
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtstott2419 wrote:
They work fine in my machine. I had to use a folded businees card or two under each bracket. They seem to hold freezes fine. I haven't had any complaints, but I don't have anyone that uses hands.

Did you find any break in period for them?

I've basically done something similar to the business card mod. I'm pondering if maybe after a week or two of playing, it'll be as sensitive as it should be...
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: