Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Machine to ITG Machine.

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Addi
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: DDR Machine to ITG Machine. Reply with quote

To put this simply, I can get a hold of a DDR Machine for less than 1,000 dollars. Whole thing works, almost brand new condition (except for the fact that its been used at an arcade)... So, I was wondering if there was anyway to convert a DDR Machine into a ITG Machine. This would include turning up the sensors of the pad and all that jazz.

Should I waste my money and time to change this DDR Machine into a ITG Machine or should I look around for a actual Dedicab ITG ? :s
View users profile Send private message
NOVAEX
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, first might I ask where you're getting such a good price for the machine?

Second, the only smooth way to do this is to convert the DDR cabinet over to a Stepmania machine with ITG stepfiles. There is a special adapter board called JPAC that interfaces the machine buttons and pads to USB, which then can be plugged into a dedicated computer running Stepmania. You can edit the startup options of this computer to run Stepmania right off the bat and it then can be used for any stepfile in the world. You might have to synchronize the pads but this is how the arcade machine I go to works. Of course you can load in your own skin to make it more flashy and cooler than the standard Stepmania....

As for making the pads more sensitive, clean out all the dirt and dust from them first, if this machine hasn't been cleaned in a while its pretty gross. Try to get a hold of a bunch of plastic cards, like old gift cards or something, cut them in half and place them under the sensor plates inside the pads on each side of them. This lifts the plate slightly and makes it respond a lot better.

Good luck
View users profile Send private message
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than repeating myself twice, I suggest you check out this thread:
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=135303

At $1000, I would definitely buy the machine. You will NOT get the exact same "feel" and playability out of it as you would a true ITG2 dedicab, but a true dedicab will cost you anywhere from $8,000 - $12,000.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: