Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Looking for ways to improve in 2 ways

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epsilondelta1
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Looking for ways to improve in 2 ways Reply with quote

I started playing DDR about 2 months ago, and at that point I could barely pass any songs on standard, songs like candy unlimitied and cartoon heroes would have me collapsing, I weighed 264 pounds.

I'm down to 234 now and I think I'm improving at a very good pace, I can do legend of max/max 300 on standard both with A's and a couple heavy songs, and my most recent accomplishment was finally passing Tsurugu apple mix with a C a few days ago, and today I finally got an A on it.

My questions were what songs should I try next on what difficultys? maybe a list of 4 or 5 slightly more difficult then Tsurugu Oni. I started playing DDR primarly as a way to lose weight and so far it's working but I figure the better I get the more calories I'll burn, are there any good excercises that go along with playing DDR that help gameplay? thanks
View users profile Send private message
epsilondelta1
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shameless self bump
View users profile Send private message
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm going to assume you're playing at a 9 step difficulty if you play songs like Tsugaru ONI. I'll also assume you're playing at the arcade on DDR Extreme. If I'm wrong, correct me.

I suggest trying out the following 8 & 9 step songs; Twilight Zone, Era, DXY!, Dynamite Rave, Hysteria or Hysteria 2001, La Senorita, Speed Over Beethoven, Matsuri Japan, Orion.78, Paranoia KCET, Saint Goes Marching, Sakura ONI, Yozora no Muko

Songs you can try, but they require more stamina; Can't Stop Fallin' In Love (Speed Mix), Dead End, Healing Vision (Angelic Mix), SO DEEP, Rhythm & Police, Burning Heat, Waka Laka, Witch Doctor,

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
NOAAAH
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, jogging and stuff like that will help out with stanima for those harder songs.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply put running anything cardio will help.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xanthros
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can, play with people who are much better than you. Then just play tons of hard songs they can pass but you can't. That's always gotten me the best workouts and made me better MUCH faster.
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's better to fail expert songs than get A's on really hard standard songs imo~

(unless youre failing so bad that you arent even trying)

i was only in standard for like a week because i had someone who played in expert with me so it didnt matter if i failed. i think its the best way to get better and get into expert. its the method i made my boyfriend use when he first started playing ddr. he completly skipped basic and moved right up to expert. this same method is how i learned and how many of my friends who play learned so i think it has some validity! :}
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Technick
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the hardest song you can do on standard, and tell me the hardest song you can handle at this point. When I played DDR I used to weigh 250lbs and AAA'ed Max 300. It's all about training and practice. I will try to guide you to better DDR playing, I love to see new players flourish into new potential top contenders.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: