Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Soft pad mod ideas

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddrenthusiast
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Soft pad mod ideas Reply with quote

I've been looking at various designs of hard pads, and soft pad mods.

I've come to the conclusion what helps me orient myself automatically (which is troublesome on my modded softmat), is that my Logic 3 has a square in the middle that doesn't move, and some screws between the panels. Also, there's no extra space around the pads, it's just a drop to the floor.

So, for a soft pad mod, I'd like to raise the middle slightly.

What would you recommend for say 5-10 mm raise compared to the four "panels"?

Also, maybe I could use "butt warmers" under the four panels? Those are small versions of the stuff they use to put under them on camping trips, that rolls up. It isolates and reflects your body heat). I saw one mod that used two of those mattresses, but I thought it could theoretically be used only under the panels in use.

Would a soft mat have a problem with those kinds of mods? Such as the cables getting pinched or the plastic material stretched?

Edit:
Got a consult from a friend - he suggested some rubber like material for the middle panel. I could duct tape it to the top covering (vinyl floor runner or similar).
View users profile Send private message
ddrenthusiast
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried cutting out panels from a camping mattress and duct taping to the plastic covering the top of the soft mat.

I had to completely cover them with duct tape, or they would tear apart.

But the biggest problem is that it's too soft. My feet just don't like the feeling.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: