Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dance Shell?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aegisjester
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Dance Shell? Reply with quote

I've been playing DDR for a while now, and I think its time I did something to upgrade my equipment. I currently just have two of the konami official dance pads that come with the game, but I want to have something that will both be usable with shoes on (without wrecking it), and insulate it a bit so the downstairs neighbors don't have a shaking cieling fan every time I play.

I don't want to build a whole new pad, and I want it to be cheap. So instead of a whole pad, I want to build a shell for my existing pad (so this shell will be completely unpowered).

To insulate the sound, I will have a base of just plywood (like I said, I want this to be cheap), with soft foam over it. On top will be a floating piece of plywood (slightly compressing the foam so it stays level) where the dance pad will rest. On each button will be a small firm pad (something like a gel pad, or maybe even just sponge) for each "hard" button to rest on, with a fixed top (fixed to the bottom like a box).

My biggest question is if it is even remotely workable, or am I just wasting my time?
View users profile Send private message
infamous360
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean something like this?

http://www.ddrfreak.com/library/faqs-modding.php
aegisjester
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I was thinking was a lot more complicated, and that seems much easier to do. Thanks!
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: