Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

weird problem on our dedicab (please read)

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-mike-
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: weird problem on our dedicab (please read) Reply with quote

Okay so we have a hacked dedicab. Been hacked for sometime,has a theme switcher etc.

And well I was our of town for a day,and I come back and the machines off. It boots up,loads linux fine. But right after the teal colored loading screen it goes black. We can hear a credit being put it. We can acess our theme switcher but the screen is completely black. We even went into slax and removed the static ini and anything else, we were trying anything to make this work.

I don't know if this is some sort of graphics issue? I mean I just don't even know where to start... if anyone can help. Pm me I can give you my screename,phone number. Etc
Im just going to come out and say this: Konami is an asshole. They are just selfish and dont care about other dancers. Even if ITG did infringe on their patent, ITG wads barely cutting into their sales, and now theyve ended the fun for everyone. Goddamnit Konami.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
daphat38159
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know what the problem is, and if it's a graphics problem, this wouldn't help, but I think that replacing the patch is a start. Make sure you replace it with the correct revision and encrypted of course. If you changed the Stepmania.ini it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace that too since I think you can change some of the graphics settings in there.
View users profile Send private message
lord_diablo
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have probably used ITG3-theme (or some other theme with the same problem) and it has reseted your displayratio from 4:3 or changed your display settings from 640x480 to something else. This is a very common problem with these ITG3 themes floating out there and results exactly like you described. Like I told you one should always test the themes with OpenITG before putting them into a machine to avoid problems like this. This problem wont get fixed even if you delete the theme, you need to change these things manually back.
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is most likely what lord_diablo said. Delete the StepMania.ini and make sure to boot from the default theme.
-mike-
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much for the input guys
after a whole LOAD of trial and error we came to a few things that we thought could have went wrong,and probably did. or i could be completely wrong. for some reason our static.ini lines were all messed up to make it ALWAYS boot to the arcade theme. but i didnt even realize that until AFTER I rigged it it work. it seemed when it was booting it was going into the fallback theme? i could be wrong. so i went into the theme switcher blind and it loaded up a ps2 theme accidentally and it showed up fine. so from there we went into the gameprefs.ini changed it back to arcade,and then added it to static.ini

now we have a fully (well kinda) working machine

and diablo thanks for your help through everything,every single theme was tested in OITG and it really helps. all this was caused most likely by some other idiots around here tampering with machine,but thats taken care of.

amidst all these problems...we go to play a game. and the up arrow on our left side doesnt work. which is ya know... just our luck. and trust me we tested EVERY single wire,every single wire,every single connector. every single possible thing. and i guess it all leads to some board inside the machine that is shorting. FML
Im just going to come out and say this: Konami is an asshole. They are just selfish and dont care about other dancers. Even if ITG did infringe on their patent, ITG wads barely cutting into their sales, and now theyve ended the fun for everyone. Goddamnit Konami.
lord_diablo
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-mike- wrote:
amidst all these problems...we go to play a game. and the up arrow on our left side doesnt work. which is ya know... just our luck. and trust me we tested EVERY single wire,every single wire,every single connector. every single possible thing. and i guess it all leads to some board inside the machine that is shorting. FML

Check that your control board's regulators (they look like this: http://www.teambigbro.co.uk/regulator2.jpg) are tightly connected to the board. Our machine's pad has had similar problems because one of some regulator's legs were not connected properly. You can simply solder it back if this is the case. Unless this helps I would make sure that all the wires are fine (check with a multimeter). I know it's annoying to check all of them because it will take a long time but that's what you need to do. If this doesn't help then you should look for a new control board.
-mike-
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we double checked everything,made sure everything was snug. Turns out that it was a bad connection from the pads to the cab. now everything works fine. ugh this machine has been a headache!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: