Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Maxergizer
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColorOfSakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DM - Normally I'd be in a position to agree with you, but sadly I can't agree with you here.

neoMAX is a fanmade MAX song. Just because you added some pretty piano part in to a MAX song doesn't mean that Andy took your idea and threw it into Energizer.

I really think this whole thing is petty. And in all honesty, if that vocal sample (from Z) is actually what's in Energizer, Andy has all right to use it legally without crediting you or anyone else for it.

It's less than four measures long and from what's in Energizer, it doesn't even sound like he used that much. And legally, if you take a sample of something copyrighted/previously made/etc. less than four measures long and put it in a song, you are not legally required to credit that person for the sample.

Last edited by ColorOfSakura on Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Regulator10886
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTF wrote:

Yes, you could multiply the BPM by any number and then modify the note data to match it, tard.

now that wasnt very nice... and did you realize that youre trying to make an arguement against what i was saying... but just restated what i said? it must take one to know one
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DM, no offense, but go listen to just about any lilt and they have cadences (tonal, not rhythmic) very similar to the ones found in the energizer and neomax piano lines. it's a generic structure, and there's very little about it that is unique. Music in general isn't very unique really. The fact that you had to change your time signature to even make the piano melodies sound similar shows that they were different to begin with. I could go through note by note dissecting the two pieces by ear to show you the differences, but really there isn't a point anymore. you're beating a dead horse, and it's time you just sucked it up and moved on. stop trying to defend a work that wasn't even very original to begin with. You're accusing someone of being unoriginal and stealing your ideas when 90% of the work you're known for isn't even originally by you.

EDIT: as far as that vocal sample is concerned, yeah I hear it...chopped into 8th notes. did you create the sample yourself? do you own the rights to it? If the answer to either or both of those questions is no then you really have no ground to stand on there.

EDIT2: listening to Z, I could play your same game and say that Z is a blatant max300/unlimited/so deep mashup/ripoff because it has similar samples, runs at 300bpm, and has similar rhythms as so deep with ambient supporting lines like max unlimited. In your piano part at one point I distinctly hear a similar flourish like the one found in rain of sorrow. hell, you even managed to sneak some neomax into the piano melody (that damn cadence seems to follow you everywhere) and throw a little bit of Florida State University's Come On 'N Go drumline cadence in there with your bass drum part.

at least, that's what I hear when I listen to it, but I might just be looking too far into it. It's a pretty cool song regardless E13.gif
View users profile Send private message
Feen
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought that slowdown sounded like neoMAX so... yeah... I second that >.>
Sex + Violence
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, Scroll Speed =/= bpm. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Diaclonex
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
OoziumStrike wrote:
Thats like saying Trip Machine Climax is 360 BPM because it has the 8th note kick drums.
That's like saying Be In My Paradise is 126 BPM. Most of the song, MAX 300 has a constant backbeat hitting every beat at 300 BPM. Sometimes it's a snare, sometime it's a kick, sometimes it's both, but you can't say that's not 300 BPM. Compare that to a 150 BPM song, like Dynamite Rave. Compare that, in turn, to a super-slow song like Be In My Paradise. There's an entirely different percussive feel and overall tempo conveyed by each of these songs. You can call them 150 BPM, 150 BPM, and 126 BPM, but then where do you draw the line? At exactly what point can you slow down a song and the BPM suddenly becomes higher? Should all BPMs be between 100 and 200 BPM?

They're different BPMs. Deal with it.

thats kind of why eight notes and sixteenth notes were written into sheet music. Otherwise you'd have to say a song was 400bpm, writing all quarter notes. (1) bass drum (2) high hat (3) snare (4) high hat. Instead with eight notes written into sheet music, that rhythm is only 200bpm
And the "constant backbeat in max 300 IS the bass kick drum hitting every quarter note in the main rhythm, with the snare drum being hit on the up beat.

regulator10886 wrote:

in my own opinion, if a song can be 150 bpm, it could also be 300 bpm... or even 600 bpm. it could be 75 also... the point im trying to make is that as long as youre tapping to a beat of the song, you will get a multiple of some number in which a song scrolls to.

I tap my foot to max 300 at 150bpm.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diaclonex wrote:
regulator10886 wrote:

in my own opinion, if a song can be 150 bpm, it could also be 300 bpm... or even 600 bpm. it could be 75 also... the point im trying to make is that as long as youre tapping to a beat of the song, you will get a multiple of some number in which a song scrolls to.

That's not because MAX 300 is 150 BPM... that's because tapping your foot five times a second is kind of uncomfortable. I'll always nod my head/tap my foot/whatever at a comfortable multiple of the tempo, but I'll acknowledge the real tempo all the same.
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can get Enegizer, the normal one? It's a wicked song
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquistadorous wrote:

Nice one, go read the FAQ.
Regulator10886
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
Diaclonex wrote:
regulator10886 wrote:

That's not because MAX 300 is 150 BPM... that's because tapping your foot five times a second is kind of uncomfortable. I'll always nod my head/tap my foot/whatever at a comfortable multiple of the tempo, but I'll acknowledge the real tempo all the same.

im gaining more and more support as you try to prove your weak arguement to be true... dont you get it? it doesnt matter if a song is 300/150, or 303/151.5, they are both so similar sounding reguardless of their "true" bpm
Obsessive
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Pandemonium sounds more like a true 300 BPM song than Max 300 sounds like a 300 BPM song. Perhaps because Max 300 doesn't actually have any 300 BPM notes besides the bass guitar-sounding back beats?

Pandemonium seems to fit much more into the true 300 BPM (yes, it's 330, whatever) style because the whole song is...fast? You can't really tap your foot to it unless you sacrifice a part of the music, whereas in M300 you can tap to 150 BPM and not really miss any part of the song.

So yeah, Regualtor I'd have to disagree with you, even based on trying to do the same thing with slower songs (say, a 130 BPM song halved to 65) wouldn't work as well either.
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquistadorous wrote:

It is easily found on your local ITG2 machine.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Regulator10886
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CFAD wrote:
Actually, Pandemonium sounds more like a true 300 BPM song than Max 300 sounds like a 300 BPM song. Perhaps because Max 300 doesn't actually have any 300 BPM notes besides the bass guitar-sounding back beats?

Pandemonium seems to fit much more into the true 300 BPM (yes, it's 330, whatever) style because the whole song is...fast? You can't really tap your foot to it unless you sacrifice a part of the music, whereas in M300 you can tap to 150 BPM and not really miss any part of the song.

So yeah, Regualtor I'd have to disagree with you, even based on trying to do the same thing with slower songs (say, a 130 BPM song halved to 65) wouldn't work as well either.

yeah i do actually agree about the pandemonium idea being more of a true 300 bpm... but i think that if you halfed your 'foot tap' or bpm count, youre not exactly missing much but to each his own
DDRDude4ever
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have the mp3 of Maxergizer they could send me. It's no longer available at the link provided. I miss hearing that awesome song!
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRDude4ever wrote:
Does anyone have the mp3 of Maxergizer they could send me. It's no longer available at the link provided. I miss hearing that awesome song!

I second this.
mumdip
Basic Member
Basic Member

35. PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, nice bump.

ITT: DM Ashura whines about another Max-related issue. (∆MAX leak, anyone?)

Have any of you have met this guy IRL? I have. I met him at ACen '08, and he's a tool. He kept walking around the game room with his laptop asking people if they "wanted to hear his latest project." Basically asking for people to verbally fellate him, feeding off the fanboyism. It was so pathetic, kinda like every time he posts garbage like this to garner sympathy from strangers on the internet.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: