Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Looking to rent out your ITG Cabinet?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Looking to rent out your ITG Cabinet? Reply with quote

I am looking for individuals who are wanting to rent out their ITG cabinets.

Here is the arrangement:

I provide the commercial space
You provide the machine
We split the earnings (50/50)

Here are the provisions to the arrangement:

1) You are responsible for shipping the machine.

2) You agree to sign a one year contract. The reason for this is so that the machine stays in place until the agreement ends and having the machine be suddenly taken out would be inconvenient to say the least.

Some questions you may have:

1) Can it be an upgradicab?

A) No, I am only interested in dedicated cabinets. The reason is because of the many benefits that come with a dedicated cabinet.

2) Where will the machine be located?

A) It will be placed in a commercial space run by me. That space is located within a community center.

3) Can the machine be hacked?

A) Yes, as long as it does not lag or crash unexpectedly.

4) Can the hardware be modified (e.g. more memory)?

A) Yes, as long as the machine functions properly.

5) What do you think about R21 versus R23?

A) This machine will be placed in a commercial setting - and I am under the impression that you want to make money from having it there. Because of this, I would strongly advise that you have it set to R23. If anything, you can consider adding longer songs on the machine so that you can satisfy certain player requests.

6) Do you want some songs to count as "2 songs"?

A) Yes. If you have modified your machine and added songs, anything over 3:00 should count as two songs.

7) I have a question that was not covered here.

A) Feel free to PM me. I'll get back to you.

8) I have a problem with your arrangement / provisions to arrangement.

A) See answer to 7.
View users profile Send private message
Kaku
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why you are putting restrictions on someone ELSE's cabinet.

I have this arrangement with my cabinet and an arcade owner and he lets me do whatever I want with the cabinet and we split it 50/50. Why would you FORCE the owner of the machine to limit songs to count as 2+ if over 3:00? It should be the machine owners' decision. If they find it more profitable to keep songs that are 3:20 long as one song, it will reflect in the earnings. My machine is located in the busiest arcade in the busiest mall in Vancouver, so it's not like there's a lack of traffic either to warrant long songs.

And uh, you should probably provide the address of the place you're renting out and how much traffic the place gets. I wouldn't want to put my ITG machine in a place that's only making like $200 per week.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't restrictions - they are parameters of profitability.

Based on what I've observed, what I mentioned provides the ideal scenario for the one holding the machine, the one owning the machine, and the players who play on it.

Any information you want to know about traffic and profitability will only be disclosed to those with serious interest only.
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in this propostition.

I've got a ITG 2 dedicab which will soon have hacked r23 set to 2.5 min length limit. Also it has DDR 1 - SuperNova 2 + ITG Rebirth and will have ITG3 once the fan groups "finalize" it.

Kaku,

How did you overcome the legal problems involved with your situation? Most places need to claim ownership of a unit within their facilities for protection against lawsuits. And in turn, if you had insurance on it, wouldn't it be a ridiculously high monthly charge just to cover one game?

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Kaku
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suko: My place is in a highly secure shopping mall so I don't really have much to worry about in terms of getting insurance. The cost-benefit of getting insurance for one game doesn't work out.

Ninja N8: I can see how R23 might be good for profitability in some situations, but for example in my situation it isn't. There is one person who plays pretty much every weekday morning (when no one else is around) and plays only 5 minute customs that he makes. There are others who do something similar. If i put a time limit of 3 minutes, he'd play upstairs on the other ITG machine. This is also why I set the machine to double premium and 4 songs - because it's the standard in the area and what is required to compete or risk losing players to other machines within 5 minutes away. Sure, maybe the machine generates less money per hour on a busy night, but if it has 80% of the area's market share because of it, it's worth it.

Also for the players who play on it, nobody in my area would be happy with a custom time limit. Keep in mind that people here respect each other and don't play 4+ minute songs when others are waiting.

I own what is likely to be the most profitable ITG2 machine in Western Canada, and possibly Canada as a whole. With two other ITG2 machines nearby, one within 2 minute walking distance and one a 5 minute drive away, i'd say that's a feat - and I strongly believe in an ITG machine owner to decide on how to run his ITG machine and let the cash flow speak for his actions. By the way, I have tested the profitability of limited custom time revisions (HUGE revenue boost), double premium (20% increase in revenue or so), etc etc. adjusted for season, so I'm not just BSing.

Let me guess: I'll bet you'll make another rule that bans the machine owner from playing free games, too, because of profitability?
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaku wrote:

I own what is likely to be the most profitable ITG2 machine in Western Canada, and possibly Canada as a whole.

Do you record the data from other arcades each week and then compare with your data? I'm curious, because it would be interesting to see that you got all the data for the machines in your area and you were able to cross-reference it with yours on a week to week basis.

Quote:
I strongly believe in an ITG machine owner to decide on how to run his ITG machine and let the cash flow speak for his actions.

Some machine owners know what to do with their machine, which is cool. But I would like to offer up to you is that I'm not sitting on the sideline not knowing any better. I play and I know how to run a business. I believe this makes me fairly informed on how to optimize the set up of a machine based on its pricing, song list, location, and so on. I wouldn't dare say that I am more informed than others, because it's all about the learning. If my initial strategy doesn't work, I have the sense to ask my regulars and anyone within the region what they would like in terms of machine features and pricing, and then compare it with other competing machines in the region.

Quote:

By the way, I have tested the profitability of limited custom time revisions (HUGE revenue boost), double premium (20% increase in revenue or so), etc etc. adjusted for season, so I'm not just BSing.

Forgive my bluntness, but I think that you compared very limited information from very few resources and came up with ways to make the data look better than what it actually was. You stated that you "adjusted for season". If your machine is on a college campus or in a touristy area, I can understand that it would over/under perform according to seasonal activities. Tell me though that you didn't actually "adjust" your data, because that would be kinda bad.

Quote:

Let me guess: I'll bet you'll make another rule that bans the machine owner from playing free games, too, because of profitability?

Now you're just insulting me. Take your flamebait elsewhere.

Since others might want clarity on this, I'll tell anyone who is willing to have this arrangement with me that of course you can come down and play on your own machine for free anytime you like. It's your machine, and I'm not about to take away your ability to use it at your leisure.
Kaku
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if I was flamebaiting and I didn't mean to derail your thread. I just wanted clarity. While I could answer many of your questions I don't want to derail the thread any further since it's your thread.

Thanks again for answering the questions that I had though. Hopefully this allowed others' questions to be answered as well.

Good luck with your search.

biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

If you can point someone in my direction, I would be truly grateful.

I need all the help I can get.
deathcomesforu
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What town are you putting this in if you manage to get it? Also are you only doing an itg2 machine, rumor has it you had ur hands on a pump machine to.
This all being directed to ninja

-Trvc
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gonna be in Brookhaven, PA.

I am working on an deal with a PIU machine, so it isn't *quite* with me just yet.

I'm looking for an ITG 2 Dedicab and possibly a DDR machine. Since Extreme is the popular choice, I will probably aim to get that.
-mike-
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If my initial strategy doesn't work, I have the sense to ask my regulars and anyone within the region what they would like in terms of machine features and pricing

i want a hot pink theme hacked onto it and a fan right on me and i assure you it will be my machine of choice.
laugh.gif
Im just going to come out and say this: Konami is an asshole. They are just selfish and dont care about other dancers. Even if ITG did infringe on their patent, ITG wads barely cutting into their sales, and now theyve ended the fun for everyone. Goddamnit Konami.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: