Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Cobalt Flux Mapping

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
recoil56
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Cobalt Flux Mapping Reply with quote

First off, I jst wanted to say http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=132890 was very helpful in getting me started. It comes up as "Red Octane Ignition Pad", but it works reguardless.
I'm slightly confused at a couple of things. My Cobalt has a USB port already, so i thought i was good and didn't need a Ps2>USB adaptor. I was right, but i still needed a way to get it to work, cause it always came up as "Usb not recognized" (Unknown Device). I needed a driver, and eventually i found that thread (above).
Now that it was detected, and NOW showed up in the Game controllers window, i figured i had to map it. I had head that you need to input a command consisting of up+start+select for the cobalt to work, but I still have no idea when you are supposed to input this. I skipped this, figuring it could still register. When i tried it on my CVS 3.95, it didn't do anything. I realized, after like, 30 minutes, that i needed to map it first. I thought it mapped automatically, but whatever. I mapped everything on a freshly downloaded 3.9, and then things started to work. However, i could not map on my 3.95 cvs (the reason i used a 3.9). I am using ITG2AC folders and files with 3.95 cvs so it looks like ITG2 at the arcades. The problem with this, however, is that the options has no "mapping" option. You can only test for pad respone with "input test" (i think).
OK, well now i thought i could always do it from the notepad file. I closed out of CVS 3.95 and went to the notepad file, "keymaps.ini", and tried to do it manually. However, my efforts failed. I said to myself (cause i was alone), is the ordering differnet since i last did this? Well how about that.

OLD CVS 3.95 WITH ITG2AC FILES IN PLACE OF STEPMANIA FILES:
Quote:
[dance]
Controller1_Back=,,Key_escape
Controller1_Down=,,Key_down
Controller1_Insert Coin=,,Key_F1
Controller1_Left=,,Key_left
Controller1_MenuDown=,,Key_end
Controller1_MenuLeft=,,Key_delete
Controller1_MenuRight=,,Key_pgdn
Controller1_MenuUp=,,Key_home
Controller1_Operator=,,Key_scroll lock
Controller1_Right=,,Key_right
Controller1_Select=
Controller1_Start=,,Key_enter
Controller1_Up=,,Key_up
Controller1_UpLeft=
Controller1_UpRight=
Controller2_Back=,,Key_num lock
Controller2_Down=,,Key_KP 2
Controller2_Insert Coin=
Controller2_Left=,,Key_KP 4
Controller2_MenuDown=,,Key_KP +
Controller2_MenuLeft=,,Key_KP /
Controller2_MenuRight=,,Key_KP *
Controller2_MenuUp=,,Key_KP -
Controller2_Operator=
Controller2_Right=,,Key_KP 6
Controller2_Select=
Controller2_Start=,,Key_KP enter
Controller2_Up=,,Key_KP 8
Controller2_UpLeft=,,Key_KP 7
Controller2_UpRight=,,Key_KP 9

Looks like that
Compared to

NEW STEPMANIA 3.9
Quote:
[dance]
0-0=,,0-166
0-1=,,0-167
0-10=,,0-169
0-11=,,0-170
0-12=,,0-133
0-13=,,0-161
0-14=,,
0-15=,,
0-16=,,
0-17=,,
0-18=,,
0-19=,,
0-2=,,0-164
0-3=,,0-165
0-4=,,
0-5=,,
0-6=,,0-130
0-7=,,0-132
0-8=,,0-127
0-9=,,0-172
1-0=,,0-177
1-1=,,0-179
1-10=,,0-185
1-11=,,0-186
1-12=,,
1-13=,,
1-14=,,
1-15=,,
1-16=,,
1-17=,,
1-18=,,
1-19=,,
1-2=,,0-181
1-3=,,0-175
1-4=,,0-180
1-5=,,0-182
1-6=,,0-189
1-7=,,0-160
1-8=,,0-183
1-9=,,0-184

Confusing Much? I had mapped the Cobalt to the 3.9, but i can't tell what is what. If i can figure out how to do it from here i could play it off my 3.95cvs, but until then, i can't do anything.
As a quick PS, when i was playing around with USB game controllers window i used calibrate wizard, which i found was extremly confusing. It now says (whenever i do a controller test with eother 3.9 stepmania or 3.95 itg2) that, say, left is JOY1_3 but also JOY_LEFT. It counts it as a button and a direction. I cannot get this to reset. Did i just permently f**k this thing up?
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
recoil56
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK well i got this thing to work today. It ends up that Stepmania creates two different "keymaps.ini" files, one in the c: drive (place you installed it) and one in an invisible folder, along a long, 6 folder path. To get to that one, you have to turn on the option to see invisible files, and then through users> go to "AppData". From there you go to local, then virtualstore>Program Files>(whatever you named stepmania)>Data>Keymaps.ini. I went through this the first time trying to get songs to play. This seems to be one of the weird aspects of Vista, because on XP everything is in one folder and one folder only: Wherever you installed it.
From the keymaps ini, the only way i knew how to set it up was to use an example. I downloaded a fresh 3.95cvs stepmania and mapped my pad in that. I then compared the two different files, and with the help of that as example i was able to map my pad from notepad.
Interesting fact: Apparently my problem with it calling a directional button a direction and a button had no significant impact (as of so far). However, it calls it by it's BUTTON name when mapped, (aka: JOY1_X, not JOY1_LEFT). It seems to be doing fine.
Because of Vista being a queer I actually had to do the long, invisible path thing to find the fresh 3.95CVS' file as well. Thankfully, it was identical, thus solving my problem (but you altready knew that).
Hey if this is helpful to anyone, I will put up some simple directions for mapping by notepad. Plz note: I'm using 3.95cvs, and not 3.9. 3.9 uses numbers in place of something like DIRECTIONAL_LEFT:, just throwing that out there.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: