Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

MasterWok's Sweet&Sour Surprise(31songs)UPDATED APR21

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterWok
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: MasterWok's Sweet&Sour Surprise(31songs)UPDATED APR21 Reply with quote

This is pretty much everything I've made since last summer and my attempt to fit into R21 freak which means (with the exception of one song), NO made up rhythms! That's right, MasterWok actually listened to the music carefully, a lot of times on .5x rate, as a wise man named Jimbo advised me to do. There is definitely a lot of variation in the types of charts of charts here, ranging from quadable on a sight read to the most gimmicky thing you've ever seen...ever. I've also heard complaints that I don't make enough challenges, so there are a few ridiculous ones thrown in here.

None are patched for R23 reasons.

I use ddreamstudio, so all the syncings should be absolutely perfect down to .001 sec - if they're not I'll throw a temper tantrum like a little girl

Thank you again all who support me, especially the menlo guys. And thank you sooo much in advance, Sal, Ry, and Bryan for offering to hack these songs onto your machines.

Thanks Eric/Derokami for offering graphics, but I decided to save you a ton of time and skip them. Maybe next time...

By the way, I was SpellCh3ck, just so I could talk about the atheism thing anonymously. A few of the chars I made under that name are in this pack and have been fixed up, and the ones that I posted under MasterWok have a ton of changes too (especially Come With Me, which was atrocious on pad).

Edit: oh crap, I forgot to thank everyone who found me songs since I almost never find good ones on my own - thanks pachara, mike, sal, andrew, eric, dan

Download MasterWok's Sweet&Sour Surprise ***UPDATEDDDD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N75BFQ1H

Put it back on filefront too: http://files.filefront.com/MasterWoks+SweetSour+Surpezip/;13770649;/fileinfo.html

Song List:
Adventures of Bob On Extacy - Cornandbeans
All My Turn - Superstar
Attitude - Y & Co
Broadbanded - Sada
Come With Me (Remix) - DJ Nate
Ding Dong Song - Gunther
Dr. Jones - Aqua
Fun Fun Pharaoh - King and Queen
G2 - Aya
GuiltyGearX- S.S.H.
Horizon (Remix) - Sabrepulse
I Wanna Be Wild - Bambee
Jetstream - Dimrain47
Just Dance (Klass Remix) - Lady Gaga
Let Me In - Michael Mansion
Loituma - Basshunter
Lover on The Line - Crispy
Lucy - Ele Block
Mne Uzhe - Pykn Bbepx
Nijiiro - Dj Yoshitaki ft G.S.C. License
Omnibus - Laut Sprecher ft. Kate Skate
Right Round - Flo Rida
Stuck - Renard
Sugar In The Marmalade - Leon Lai
Superheroes - Daft Punk
Temptation - Arash
The Prototype - Dimrain47
Twelfth Style - Tatsh and Daybreakers Next
Uninstall - Yurie
Welcome To Africa - Paffendorf
World of Fantsy - Dj Dean

Last edited by MasterWok on Sun May 17, 2009 10:07 am, edited 8 times in total
View users profile Send private message
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like omnibus.
MasterWok
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAVE101 wrote:
I really like omnibus.

FINALLY lol, I've been looking for someone to give me feedback on this file, but they've been literally rating every other one on r21 freak laugh.gif
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gotten to try all your simfiles yet but you are a big reason why I love the Menlo machine.

This is gettin' linked to ma blog.
MasterWok
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja N8 wrote:
I haven't gotten to try all your simfiles yet but you are a big reason why I love the Menlo machine.

This is gettin' linked to ma blog.

Thanks! I appreciate the support and I'm glad you like some of my files E13.gif

I consider anyone who likes even one of my files to be a supporter... E7.gif

Last edited by MasterWok on Mon May 18, 2009 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you host all the files you have on the Menlo machine?
MasterWok
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja N8 wrote:
Why don't you host all the files you have on the Menlo machine?

Because my friends have them already E1.gif If there's anything you want specifically, I'll send it to you
MasterWok
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Fixed The Link Reply with quote

FileFront deleted my link for some reason, changed to megaupload
Simo2541
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: definetly Reply with quote

Ok, only played a handful of the charts so far, so I'm writing mini reviews for those now, will do the rest later.

Omnibus - Good chart, kinda simple stream patterns, but fit the music. Only main issue is that I felt the song was a little late throughout the entire chart, could be just me though.

Nijiro - Enjoyed it alot, a couple of the gimmicks threw me off, but its definetly very enjoyable, and gimmicks work well without going overboard. Only problem is I felt it drifted towards the late side during the last 1/4 of the song, as with Omnibus, could be me being weird. E10.gif

Loituma - Good chart, solid syncing throughout. I felt there could've been a run put in the end, but no biggie, I'm just use to the really streamy full version of Loituma.

GuiltyGearX - Such a good song, and awesome chart. Great syncing throughout, loved the chart, can't wait to play it on pad! E1.gif

Fun Fun Pharaoh - I enjoyed this alot to. Favorite chart so far next to GuiltyGearX. Just a fun song in general.

Overall, I'm liking the pack, only complaint is syncing issue with Omnibus and Nijiro, but it's not bad enough to stop me from playing those charts. Good job Master Wok and keep the charts coming! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Played 2 more charts and feel like adding reviews for these songs:

Superheroes - I'm a sucker for Daft Punk, so this may be a bit biased, but hands down my favorite chart/song in the pack. Love it so much, awesome job!

G2 - Don't get me wrong, I liked the chart, but I feel like G2 is a song that should have lots of crossovers. I felt like you charted it perfectly with the beat, and for the most part the patterns were fine, but if you added some crossovers into it, especially in the gallopy sections, I would love it. It's good regardless, but I feel crossovers + a 12 rating = Best G2 chart ever.

Also, just a note, don't take these mini reviews too seriously. I'm not a syncing master, nor am I a master chart maker. Just providing my input (which could easily be nonsense) which I hope can help you when making future charts. E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: definetly Reply with quote

Simo2541 wrote:
Ok, only played a handful of the charts so far, so I'm writing mini reviews for those now, will do the rest later.

Omnibus - Good chart, kinda simple stream patterns, but fit the music. Only main issue is that I felt the song was a little late throughout the entire chart, could be just me though.

Nijiro - Enjoyed it alot, a couple of the gimmicks threw me off, but its definetly very enjoyable, and gimmicks work well without going overboard. Only problem is I felt it drifted towards the late side during the last 1/4 of the song, as with Omnibus, could be me being weird. E10.gif

Loituma - Good chart, solid syncing throughout. I felt there could've been a run put in the end, but no biggie, I'm just use to the really streamy full version of Loituma.

GuiltyGearX - Such a good song, and awesome chart. Great syncing throughout, loved the chart, can't wait to play it on pad! E1.gif

Fun Fun Pharaoh - I enjoyed this alot to. Favorite chart so far next to GuiltyGearX. Just a fun song in general.

Overall, I'm liking the pack, only complaint is syncing issue with Omnibus and Nijiro, but it's not bad enough to stop me from playing those charts. Good job Master Wok and keep the charts coming! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Played 2 more charts and feel like adding reviews for these songs:

Superheroes - I'm a sucker for Daft Punk, so this may be a bit biased, but hands down my favorite chart/song in the pack. Love it so much, awesome job!

G2 - Don't get me wrong, I liked the chart, but I feel like G2 is a song that should have lots of crossovers. I felt like you charted it perfectly with the beat, and for the most part the patterns were fine, but if you added some crossovers into it, especially in the gallopy sections, I would love it. It's good regardless, but I feel crossovers + a 12 rating = Best G2 chart ever.

Also, just a note, don't take these mini reviews too seriously. I'm not a syncing master, nor am I a master chart maker. Just providing my input (which could easily be nonsense) which I hope can help you when making future charts. E1.gif

Of course you are entitled to your opinions of the charts, but I promise you, the syncings are all perfect. I even got approval of the syncing of the two charts you mentioned (omnibus and nijiiro) from the guy who designed ddreamstudio E10.gif

Edit: Rechecked omnibus/nijiiro, they were on sync. Thanks so much for the support, glad you liked some of them. I'm always hesitant for some reason to put a lot of crossovers in songs...some people really love them, others hate them. Later this summer when I release my tournament pack (hopefully another 32 songs) you will see greater diversity and a few crossover songs (meaning a lot of them) ;-)
Simo2541
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After spending some more time playing the songs in stepmania the syncing gradually got better for me. Nijiro feels dead on now, and Omnibus feels much better. Also, for your next pack, try to include a daft punk song! I can't stress how much I enjoy playing superheroes! biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simo2541 wrote:
After spending some more time playing the songs in stepmania the syncing gradually got better for me. Nijiro feels dead on now, and Omnibus feels much better. Also, for your next pack, try to include a daft punk song! I can't stress how much I enjoy playing superheroes! biggrin.gif

Sal gave me one really good daft punk song, perhaps I'll include it in the tournament :-) I do love Daft Punk...
MasterWok
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monst3rjoe wrote:
Master Wok I gave a speech at the end of this video about how bad I want to rape you because I love your Mne Uzhe chart.

Check out the video of me playing it - 100%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkkzXZPpaJM

<3 I played through most your pack btw, there's a lot of solid fun charts in there. However, you talk about your sync, which is consistent, but it seems your global offset my be a tiny bit off because it felt as if your files were always around .012 late on my stepmania. Anyway, I resynced it and uploaded a link to it in my you tube video. however, don't get thrown off, I also synced this file a little early because that's how I like to play, I could play better by ear that way. Anyway, God your so sexy.

Thank you! I use ddreamstudio which has no global offset because it's the actual visual wave formation. I can guarantee you that it's your global offset on sm lol, and when you play these on pad I promise they will feel EXACTLY the same as officials. I do have approval from the guy who made ddreamstudio lol and people have a ton of quads on my new and old charts (I should show you this program, you would jizz). Most people do like to play with slightly early timing though, but once you get used to actual, there's no going back ;-)

Glad you liked some of them :-)

Edit: ROFL that video was awesome! And I just remembered that a kid at menlo has a FFC on it with one pad mine at menlo, that's the first quad I've seen on it ;-) And even though once again I promise the syncings are dead on, if making the timing .12 early gets you 100%'s, you certainly have my approval E10.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: