Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Question about my TX1000 (help?)

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolforever
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Question about my TX1000 (help?) Reply with quote

Yes, I know I have the crappiest metal pad on the face of this planet, but I bought it back in 2004 not thinking about how bad it would actually turn out to be.

The problem I have with mine is that my left and down arrows work sometimes and sometimes they don't. My dad and I took apart the screws on the top part of the pad and it looked like the wires were fine. My dad think's it's an actual electronic problem, like maybe with the control box itself. I don't know what to think.

I was thinking of cutting the bottom rubber and looking at the wiring underneath there, but I don't think that's the problem. Can someone help me?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Shuma Gorath
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could be the control box, but also could be the problem on the sensors below the arrow panels. If you really want to figure out you could get some pushbutton from radioshack and attach it to each wire and see if the button is working ok, if each button registers then the control box is not the problem, but the arrow sensors.

you could submit some pics to try to see where the problem is.
View users profile Send private message
coolforever
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhWcGph2Djw

Here's the video of my pad. I'm thinking it's a sensor problem, because sometimes the buttons work and sometimes they don't, in this case, they didn't work at all. How would I be able to fix my sensor?
Shuma Gorath
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey nice video ;D

well anyways, hmmm it looks like a wiring problem, maybe the issue is where the wire connects to the plug or something similar, its hard to guess. One thing you could do is to take a multimeter and then set it to test conductivity(it beeps when there is good conductance), and then take apart all the arrow and non arrow panels for a close inspection. that would help a bit. tell me your results.

If all the wiring is ok then its a problem of the sensors. Worst case scenario you could ditch those sensors and make your own ones like we did ;D
coolforever
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a wire problem, would I have to cut out the bottom rubber to get to the wires? I should go take some close up pictures of this mat.
richard2o9
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is probably that wires came loose in the pad. As far as trying to get inside the pad is going to be a huge a problem. I had a old modded red octane metal pad. I ruined it when I tried to open it from the bottom, because they stapled everything down instead of using screws. If yours is stapled down as well you should try to take the staples off from the top and see if that will open up the wood that covers the wires. After you fix the problem you could get some screws and screw it back together. It may be stapled down on the bottom as well, but I don't remember if my pad was. You should see if you can get it off by taking the staples off on the top first though cause it is gonna make a big mess to rip off the bottom foam. You could also rip off some of the foam where you think there might be staples. Ripping the foam off won't do any good if the wood under the bottom foam has no staples or screws.
coolforever
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, do you mean on the actual bottom of the pad where the black rubber covering is? I looked at it and it doesn't look like there's any staples there, and I also saw someone cut their TX1000 open with an exacto knife (I know I spelled that wrong)

I'll see if I can find the main problem tomorrow.
richard2o9
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I didn't know you were talking about the foam on the panels.
Shuma Gorath
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I think RO afterburner sensors are pretty much alike as the TX ones. too bad they stapple their parts.
coolforever
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, do you mean that under the sensors, under the white foam where the wood is, you can take that wood off but there's staples/nails attached to it? I'm thinking of doing that cause i'm just about ready to give up on the pad unless i can get to the wires somehow.
coolforever
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way I'm just tempted to sell this for any price just to get rid of it if I don't know how to fix this. I think tomorrow I'll try once more to figure out the problem, but if I can't, bye bye Metal pad.
Shuma Gorath
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well theres always the chance of using the parts of that pad, or you could make new sensors for it, at least you got the pad frame and the panels which are in good condition. it would be better than selling it and buy another one.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: