Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

TGA Auction Date Finalized: Saturday June 6th

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moonbeam Funk
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: TGA Auction Date Finalized: Saturday June 6th Reply with quote

More information can be found here.

I encourage you all to show up. It would be awesome if the games ended up in the hands of people who really care about them and the community, the way that Andy does.

by far,
a humble heart
beats a full stomach
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Leviathan
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: anywhere there is injustice, anywhere there are women in need, anywhere the token line is not obeyed
1. PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find a list of the games that will be up for auction anywhere. Am I to understand that they will be flood damaged or did they avoid that fate at least?

Women are like Voltron...the more you can hook up, the better it gets!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
jtstott2419
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leviathan wrote:
I couldn't find a list of the games that will be up for auction anywhere. Am I to understand that they will be flood damaged or did they avoid that fate at least?

A full listing hasn't been posted.
http://www.superauctions.com/pages/home.htm

http://www.tokyogameaction.com/
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Leviathan
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: anywhere there is injustice, anywhere there are women in need, anywhere the token line is not obeyed
3. PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I found the listing of machines on the arcade's site, but no indication of how bad the flooding was or if the machines took on water. They look like they were well maintained beforehand at least.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
jtstott2419
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leviathan wrote:
Yeah, I found the listing of machines on the arcade's site, but no indication of how bad the flooding was or if the machines took on water. They look like they were well maintained beforehand at least.

Yeah, from what I've seems on the boards the games were well maintained. How damaged by the water the games got isn't to clear but I guess a lot of them did to some extent. And it sounds like Andy @ TGA is gonna do his best to make sure everything is in working order for the auction.
If anyone in the TGA community has any insight on the condition of the games we'd love to hear it.
coolforever
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I never heard of TGA until a couple of months ago, and it has to close now frown.gif

I wonder how much the machines will go for in auction.

Anime Boston is only a couple weeks before this so I'll most likely be wiped out of cash anyway, but I would like to show up, especially to buy some bowling equipment, and maybe an arcade machine though I'd probably have to dish out a couple thousand bucks for a machine which I don't have.

I really wish I knew about this arcade sooner. *cries*
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Cowman715
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people that are doing this auction are the same people that did FNG's so odds are shit is going to go very cheap

HE'S SO FUCKING FUNNY WITH THE RANDOMNESS AND MY CAPS PROVE IT TO BE TRUE!!!!!!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
coolforever
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowman715 wrote:
The people that are doing this auction are the same people that did FNG's so odds are shit is going to go very cheap

How cheap do you think? I mean if an arcade machine would go for really cheap I might as well save my money leftover from anime boston, but it's an auction too so it's not like it's buy it now like on Ebay.

I still really wish this arcade didn't have to go.
Cowman715
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap is 1,500 for ID3 2 years ago

HE'S SO FUCKING FUNNY WITH THE RANDOMNESS AND MY CAPS PROVE IT TO BE TRUE!!!!!!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
coolforever
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That ain't bad but it's still too expensive, I mean unless some cabinets went for like a few hundred bucks, which I highly doubt.

I'd still like to get in on the bowling lanes, especially the bowling pins.
Cowman715
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ID3 at the time used, went for around 7g's

That's what I mean by cheap

coolforever
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should tell my boss at my arcade about this, he might be interested in this.

But either way I'll probably still show up for the auction regardless, at least I hope I can make it that day.
jtstott2419
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowman715 wrote:

Doesn't matter who's auctioning for the price. We'll see who shows up to bid.
I do know if they send the same crew that auctioned off good times it will be a fun auction. One of the guys working the floor was a nut case with some of the bigger bidding wars!
Leviathan
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does anyone have a way of finding out the condition of the machines? I'd be willing to make a road trip a pay a reasonable price as long as the machines aren't ruined by the flooding.

Leviathan
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bueller? Bueller?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: