Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

My "Full Metal" Homepad

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shuma Gorath
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: My "Full Metal" Homepad Reply with quote

Hey there, I've been reading this forum for a long time(well actually like a year or so) and then decided to build my own metal pad. I was thinking on making a devout pad, but then as the project started, changed my mind and instead built a matrix pad BUT with some things borrowed from devout's. This pad was made like 4 months ago and then I sold it to some friend of mine. It has matrix sensors(4 per arrow panel, 4 panels in total) and 3 action buttons for start/select/back.

So in the end it turned out like this:

View users profile Send private message
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, looks really good.
You probably could have just put this in the homepad thread though.

How much did you sell it for?
What type of sheet metal did you use?
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, thanks ;D

Yeah I think I should mention it in that thread for reference. Well since it was for a close friend and where I live(south america) the US dollar is like 3 times my local currency, it was something like 140 bucks which is kinda cheap for the US people I think.

Anyways, I've used 20ga galvanized sheet metal which is thick and hard to bend, but it looks really good and sturdy. The metal surface acts in a similar way as the acrylic panels, so you can have some grip when playing no bar. The thickness of the pad was like 2 1/2" and it weights 45kg(around 100 lbs).

Oh yeah, I have some videos of the performance. Its kinda noise because of the uneven surface of my floor, so I think I've should add some legs to the pad, but anyway the pad is not in my home anymore. I'll make it better when I build my second pad.
One of the main reasons I did not include acrylic panels was because I couldnt find in my local stores or warehouses. Some places sell acrylic but its only in big sheets of 1.80m X 1.20m which is hell of expensive(240 bucks) so I stayed with the metal panels.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e3IuV_XkqTg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jKY4xSsSOvg
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: