Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Does the blueshark with a bar still exist?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wargod50
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Does the blueshark with a bar still exist? Reply with quote

Ive seen it in youtube videos and the site says out of stock so i just wanted to know if i wanted to order a blueshark with a bar where could i go about doing this??? any hints or help or even a site to another dependable pad with a BAR would be greatly appreciated
View users profile Send private message
Nemoide
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can tell, it is doubtful that Blueshark will ever be made again, with or without a bar.

On this site I found three metal pads with bars for less than $300. I have no experience with any of those and cannot vouch for their quality though.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
maxx freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, no more Bluesharks EVER.

In fact, no more MyMyBox metal pads EVER. They're completely shutting down. If you're lucky enough to live in California, or ar willing to drive there, you can pick up the last few Nexens they have in their inventory. But other than that, let's just say MyMyBox never existed and go back to Cobalt Flux, which is, once again, the only commercially sold metal dance pad worth buying. That being said, ignore Nemoide's link, those are probably trash. Go here: www.cobaltflux.com
View users profile Send private message Send email
Wargod50
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well id love a cobalt flux but i cant get a bar with one... there all just the pad... anyone know where i can get one with a bar???
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxx freak wrote:
But other than that, let's just say MyMyBox never existed and go back to Cobalt Flux, which is, once again, the only commercially sold metal dance pad worth buying.

Elitist much? disgust.gif

The Blueshark and Nexan were far better than most of the shit peddled around the internet, and it really is too bad that this company, despite the problems they did have, and the pads they built, are now going down the crapper.
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually no they don't exist. Bluesharks are a myth.
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was planned. It's a conspiracy. The Man is out to get you.
maxx freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travelsonic wrote:
maxx freak wrote:
But other than that, let's just say MyMyBox never existed and go back to Cobalt Flux, which is, once again, the only commercially sold metal dance pad worth buying.

Elitist much? disgust.gif

The Blueshark and Nexan were far better than most of the shit peddled around the internet, and it really is too bad that this company, despite the problems they did have, and the pads they built, are now going down the crapper.
That's what I'm saying. The Blueshark and Nexen were great pads, better than the CF probably, but it's sad that the company wasn't capable of running a simple business.

And I'm not being elitist. I'm sure most people on this forum would agree that the CF is the only metal pad on the market worth buying. Maybe the Afterburner, but that's a big maybe.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I really liked was their speedy delivery for game pad parts I used in my metal pad.... shit, where can I get working arcade sensors now? Without requiring a huge order/minimum order?

I originally was saving up for a CF, they are indeed great. The Bluesharks though just seemed overall superior - sensors, pad design, materials, everything. This whomps.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CF's are only 5% metal by Mass...80lbs of pad, ~4 lbs (15 square feet) of metal. Just nitpicking a little. They're hard, but certainly not metal. CF's actually use the least metal out of pretty much any hard pad. The only pads that use actual metal frames are BeatGear and Konami pads.

It's interesting to hear that MMB is leaving the business--let the age of the homebrew live on?

Anyway, it's pretty easy to give a CF a bar if you have $20 to spend on parts. If you want a really nice, sturdy bar, make it $75. Either way, you'll find that it's not that difficult to turn a Cobalt Flux into a very formidable peripheral if you mod it right. Many of the best mods don't even require you to open up the pad.
Rajjab
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemoide wrote:
From what I can tell, it is doubtful that Blueshark will ever be made again, with or without a bar.

On this site I found three metal pads with bars for less than $300. I have no experience with any of those and cannot vouch for their quality though.

did anyone try these pads? I'm very curious because i'm inquiring about metal pads. I'm giving the CF a try but i would like to have a 2nd pad. The platinum pad there is all metal, even the arrows which makes me think twice.

sup i play Gunbound also
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rajjab wrote:
Nemoide wrote:

did anyone try these pads? I'm very curious because i'm inquiring about metal pads. I'm giving the CF a try but i would like to have a 2nd pad. The platinum pad there is all metal, even the arrows which makes me think twice.

It has a four screw design, I would not trust it.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: