Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Pad modding question.

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Pad modding question. Reply with quote

Hi, I was thinking of buying a generic soft pad and doing the plywood mod. My question is, is there any kind of wood that I could buy at Home Depot/Lowe's/local lumber stores that won't slip at all? The room I have my DDR pads in is in the basement, and my entire basement has this carpeting:

It's not the super-ultra-mega plush carpeting some houses have (it's actually really thin) but my Ignition pads and my Cobalt Flux slide quite a bit on it. There's a lot of lumber stores and a bunch of Home Depot and Lowe's stores in my area, so finding wood isn't a problem. I just need wood that won't slide around like crazy.
View users profile Send private message
Steinway
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could get those little cup things that are designed to go under bed caster wheels and glue your mat to them, or just those metal plates with a serrated bottom.
jesusfr3ak4evr
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could buy a rubber mat for $20 at Home Depot or Lowe's and put the pad on that. It works great.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'll try both of those to see which works better. Thanks.
kam11
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: so finding wood Reply with quote

(it's actually really thin) but my Ignition pads and my Cobalt Flux slide quite a bit on it. There's a lot of lumber stores and a bunch of Home Depot and Lowe's stores in my area, so finding wood isn't a problem. I just need wood that won't slide around like crazy.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF?
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to delete that and look for the ban button, then I remembered I'm not a mod here. Where's Discoman? That's the most obvious bot poster I've seen in weeks.

Anyway, did you wind up using the rubber mat? You can also try using some of that stuff designed to line the bottoms of drawers and shelves so your underwear doesn't slip around during earthquakes (I presume that's what it's for). It's really lightweight and works well on wood. I don't know if it would work as well on carpet but I imagine it would.
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have an office chairmat lying around somewhere in my house, so I'll try using that.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: