Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ITG Usb glitches

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: ITG Usb glitches Reply with quote

My friends and I just bought our local arcade's ITG2 dedicab. We had played it for about two years, then around 6 months ago, they had to move it and it went into storage. Fast forward to now. It was still in storage until we bought it and have recently set it up for our use. Everything on it works fine, except the USB.

Last year when we played on this, the machine had hardly any problems reading/writing to USB at all. Since we've got it setup recently, we're having weird glitches. I'll try to explain some of them.

First off, both ports read the cards just fine. Before starting a game it will show both player's cards load, and show their names. Then after it checks the USB sticks upon entering the song wheel, the 2P side will switch it to NoName. It fails to load any songs or scores and will reset all the data on the card if saved at the end of the set. The weird thing is, is that this usually doesn't happen on the FIRST set.

When we turn the machine on and play a set, both sides usually work just fine. However, after the first set the 2P side starts acting up as described above. The 1P side has done this from time to time, but it's far less often and so far I can't find any predictable pattern related to the 1P side.

Because of the successful loading on the first set and the loading of the names prior to the song wheel screen, it doesn't sound like this would be a hardware issue. However, this machine hasn't been used for months and I don't understand what could've happened to it in-between when we played it (and we were practically the last people to have played it) and now.

Does anyone have any suggestions or knowledge on this issue and how it might be resolved?

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Xanthros
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try loading two USB sticks with only one song on them each. If this works consistently then it would appear to be some sort of physical or virtual memory problem.

I'd say it's unlikely to be a USB hardware issue, but I'm just making educated guesses based on my computer knowledge, I don't have extensive ITG machine experience.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: ITG Usb glitches Reply with quote

Suko wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions or knowledge on this issue and how it might be resolved?
I can't give you a permanent fix, but I've run into this pretty often, and the short-term fix is to reboot the machine.
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree with restarting the machine. That's generally the universal 1st step to resolving any weird machine issues.

Although it's too early to say, I may have identified the cause...though I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't tested it myself.

I've noticed that when I play, my USB works fine, so does my backup (extra) USB. However, I've noticed that when my buddy tries to use his USB, it will work fine for him on the first set or two, but after that it starts doing all kinds of weird things to everyone's USBs on either side. The 3 times I've played without him there I have had zero problems with my USB.

Also, it seems that if he used his USB for even one game, it seems to leave a residual effect that still glitches out all our USBs until the machine is reset. He had his ITG data created on a machine that was known to be less-than-reliable with the USB sticks, so I'm going to have him format his card and see if that is the culprit.

gypsyboyPS3
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most machines wont read 2 sticks at once

ITG is not like girls people...
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved.

My theory was right, it was something on my friend's USB stick. When I told him about everything, he checked his ITG folder and (for whatever reason) stats.xml was missing. Everything else was there but that file. Once we removed his ITG folder and let the machine recreate it ont he next run it worked fine. So far we've had no issues at all.

Woot!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: