Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Cant hit doubles? UP DOWN and LEFT RIGHT dont work on SM..

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xthony
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Cant hit doubles? UP DOWN and LEFT RIGHT dont work on SM.. Reply with quote

Hello --

I am using a Cobalt Flux, with the control box, but it doesn't have the USB adapter so im using a blue PS2 to USB adapter.

I can hit double arrows from UP LEFT, UP RIGHT, DOWN LEFT, DOWN RIGHT, but I cannot hit LEFT RIGHT, or UP DOWN.

Whats the fix?? Please and Thank You!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Laid_back
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fix is to buy a compatible PS2 to USB adapter.

You need one that maps the directional pad as buttons, not a joystick, since a joystick cannot move both left and right or up and down at the same time.

Check Stepmania's website for details.

I have 2 Cobalt Flux pads and have no problem at all using them on my PC for Stepmania. They work great!

YMMV...
View users profile Send private message
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, some adapters can get around that by holding L+R+Select and that "unlocks" it. I never had luck with that though.

I just build my own and wire them to buttons so it doesnt matter.
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, use this solution. http://www.stepmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8887#30931 just be careful to reset the axis in the controller settings BEFORE running the script, else the arrow keys (that's what the script maps the buttons to) will go all weird and stuff.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: