Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Blue Spark Pinout

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scared0o0rabbit
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Blue Spark Pinout Reply with quote

I'm working on building a converter for my Blue Spark metal pad for use on the 360. I searched all around for a pinout of the converter box but didn't find one so I did a bit of work and this is what I have so far:

1 = Unknown
2 = Unknown
3 = Unknown
4 = Unknown
5 = Ground
6 = Unknown
7 = Up
8 = Down
9 = Left
10 = Right
11 = Ground
12 = Ground
13 = Ground
14 = Circle
15 = X

I noticed that all of the buttons appear to have a voltage of 3VDC running through them (at least when plugged into the PS2). Because of that, I suspect the LEDs in the pad may be lit through the actual wiring of the button press, but I could be wrong. The unknown pins all appear to have either around 1.75VDC or no voltage running through them with no change when buttons are pressed. I would assume that I could wire up a controller or 360 pad to a female db15hd/de15 and that should work if I'm not particularly worried about the LEDs. Of course if they're lit by the voltage running through the triggers and not through a separate source, then they may very well light as well.

I think I may even go so far as to make a short converter cable to go between the blue spark pad and my db15hd so that it's converted to a more common (tx-1000 for instance) pinout. Do any of you see any issues with my logic? Also, any idea what those other pins would be? I would imagine they have to be something because they do have voltage, but I can't imagine what they'd be for besides LEDs, and LEDs aren't typically 1.75 volts...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Spark or Blue Shark?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: