Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Konami jumps on the 'band' wagon with Rock Revolution

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Konami jumps on the 'band' wagon with Rock Revolution Reply with quote

According to Joystiq, Konami will be coming out with its own Rock Band style game with Rock Revolution. The release is planned for PS3, XBOX360, Nintendo DS, and Wii. It will also have 40 songs, a big drum set with 6 drums + pedal, and online capabilities. Although they are coming in pretty late in the game, it definitely sounds exciting!
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 40 songs? Could be fun, but they'd better be 6+ minutes long each, or that's not enough muzac for me.

Also, way to join waaaaaay late in the game Konami, despite technically already having invented it. tongue.gif

OMG I BEETS MACKS 300!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Szalkow
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the videos and pics, I'm not impressed. Guitar/rock band simulation is now becoming a genre rather than a line of games. And really, this just seems to combine DrumMania and GuitarFreaks into one release. Vocals aren't even part of the introductory package.

Rock Revolution = StepMania + Orbular arrow skin + Reverse + PIU 5-button

Now what would be interesting is having a "rave" position, where you can have people jamming out on DDR pads while other players use instruments.

Better yet, imagine every Konami music game combined onto one home console. DJ's, guitars, drums, dancers, button-slappers OH GOD o_O
View users profile Send private message
Nightime
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Szalkow wrote:

Now what would be interesting is having a "rave" position, where you can have people jamming out on DDR pads while other players use instruments.

Better yet, imagine every Konami music game combined onto one home console. DJ's, guitars, drums, dancers, button-slappers OH GOD o_O

You mean like this?

Welcome to BEMANImania! And anybody who knows anything about musical gaming already, knows that Konami already has WAAAAY more than 40 songs they can do that with. E1.gif

Heck, there's over 40 Long Version/Medley stages from GF/dm *alone,* if they felt they wanted to go *that* route.

But based on the sheer popularity/influence of DDR alone, stepchart support should be a MUST - there's absolutely no kind of music that can't be stepcharted, even if it's only in Singles mode.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
JustinCredible
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having played Rock Revolution demo at the Konami booth at ComicCon, Rockband nor GHWT have nothing to fear. THey demoed the game w/ a GH3 guitar and the official RR drumset.

All The Small Things - blink-182
Somebody Told Me - The Killers
Round And Round - Ratt
Still Of The Night - Whitesnake

I believe were the songs available to play.

The game was boring and with the rumoured tracklist being offerings better suited for GH and RB... and no Konami Originals or Japanese tracks, all interest is gone.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitesnake fucking owns

and why did you waste your time playing the demo? did you really think this game WASN'T going to suck?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Tsuri
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He played the demo to satisfy the curious nature of the human mind. Yes it is boring but how boring is it? laugh.gif

Join West Michigan Pump Club... no matter what part of Michigan you're from! biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
ulogin
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinCredible wrote:
and no Konami Originals or Japanese tracks.

this makes me RAGE!!! how the hell do they not use their own original content from their Internal studio in one of their own games! it's preposterous beyond belief.

I don't think that i was not the only one that was expecting this to be an american port/combo of GF & DM WITH the original sountrack to both these games.

c'mon Konami WTF!!!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tsuri
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update on this game : it quickly fell flat on it's face... now available for $19.99

Join West Michigan Pump Club... no matter what part of Michigan you're from! biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Opethian
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the drum set bundle for $60
the drum set is solid!
the pads are bouncy and are very responsive

plus this set work with RB and GH:WT

it takes a little retraining to get used to the position of the blue drum

as far as Rock Revolution the game, my only problem with it is there is no indication when you miss a note except for it breaking your combo
there is no click or drop in music like Rock Band
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: