Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Cobalt flux problems..

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicknicholas
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Cobalt flux problems.. Reply with quote

Today I have just gotten cobalt flux w/ black and textured arcade mod and I have a few problems. First, their are for pieces of metal screwed into the pad on the four corners. One of the pieces of metal isn't a right angle, so only half of it will fit in, and the other half sticks out. I just took it all out and Haven't noticed anything happening. The metal is bent at about 100 degrees instead of 90. I tried bending it, but it wouldn't work. Also, when I took it out some of the Wood (?) filling came out.
Secondly, The black textured arrows give me problems. I have to put most of my weight on the X arrow to get it to register. I mean I am putting over 100lb of pressure on it just to get it to hit.
Third, how tight should the screws be? Should they be pretty loose, or tight as possible? I really need some helps. My left and right arrows are very insensitive near the cent, but my up and down work great.
This last problem is now more of a technique thing, but how do I play with the brackets? I used foam and soft pads and the bracket gets caught on my shoe and gives me trouble. I also can't cheat the hands with it.

Thanks.

Last edited by Nicknicholas on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Xbox Live Gamertag
Nicknicholas
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Bouff (10)and i got about a 58%. I had something around 200+greats. On an ignition 3.0 my avg score is about an 85% I loosed up all the screws on the panels considerably and it improved. I got some AAs on ddr song. I didn't have any problems with perfects, but I noticed getting a few pad goods and misses + a few freezes would die for no reason. Im gonna loosen up the screws more and then loosen up the ones on the brackets and see if it is perfect. I might take out the brackets. The A arrow is still giving me hell.
Also, is there supposed to be space between the arrows? because their are small gaps about the size a milimeter between the center and the arrows. Its just a crack, but I can see a wire through it on the down arrow border. Is that bad?

Update: I took off all of the brackets on the pad and it works good now. (Excluding A arrow) I brought up my infection score by about 6%. I play in my socks and noticed how fast my feet move. I got to about 65% in Delirium before I failed, and I usually get to 50. The only problem is the screws. Since I play in my socks, I get caught on them a lot. It won't catch on to my socks, but it will slow me down. It Fast songs like Max 300 I end up missing a few arrows because of the screws hitting my foot. Also Fast Down-Left to Up-right jumps will make me hit the screws.
I was thinking about taking off all the screws near the center. That means I would take off 3 screws per arrow. The the pad work ok If I took out all the inner screws? That would be the bottom two on each pannel+ all the ones in the center. Also, if I take out the center screws, can I still play without it?
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Cobalt flux problems.. Reply with quote

Nicknicholas wrote:
One of the pieces of metal isn't a right angle, so only half of it will fit in, and the other half sticks out. I just took it all out and Haven't noticed anything happening. The metal is bent at about 100 degrees instead of 90. I tried bending it, but it wouldn't work. Also, when I took it out some of the Wood (?) filling came out.

I've never thought about the purpose of those corner pieces. They don't connect to anything in particular (they're just screwed right into the wood), so I'm guessing that they just protect the corners. So it's probably not a big deal, although if you wanted, you could probably get the company to send you a new piece.

Nicknicholas wrote:
Third, how tight should the screws be? Should they be pretty loose, or tight as possible?

If they're too tight, you won't get good responsiveness near the corners of the panels. I try to make them as loose as possible without being too loose. And I consider them too loose when I can move the panels around slightly with my hands (if they get jostled around that easily, it's probably not good for the screw holes). Oh, and make sure to use only a screwdriver on the CF. Anything else can easily strip the screw holes.

Playing with the brackets is a lot different than playing on a soft pad, so it takes getting used to before your scores will go back up.

Nicknicholas wrote:
I played Bouff (10)and i got about a 58%. I had something around 200+greats. On an ignition 3.0 my avg score is about an 85% I loosed up all the screws on the panels considerably and it improved. I got some AAs on ddr song. I didn't have any problems with perfects, but I noticed getting a few pad goods and misses + a few freezes would die for no reason.

I might as well ask this...are the corner buttons disabled during gameplay?

Nicknicholas wrote:
Also, is there supposed to be space between the arrows? because their are small gaps about the size a milimeter between the center and the arrows. Its just a crack, but I can see a wire through it on the down arrow border. Is that bad?

Nope, that's normal.

Nicknicholas wrote:
The only problem is the screws. Since I play in my socks, I get caught on them a lot. It won't catch on to my socks, but it will slow me down. It Fast songs like Max 300 I end up missing a few arrows because of the screws hitting my foot. Also Fast Down-Left to Up-right jumps will make me hit the screws.
I was thinking about taking off all the screws near the center. That means I would take off 3 screws per arrow. The the pad work ok If I took out all the inner screws? That would be the bottom two on each pannel+ all the ones in the center. Also, if I take out the center screws, can I still play without it?

I really don't recommend taking off any screws. You could always get some flat head screws the same size as the regular CF screws and switch them (I've often wondered why they don't just use flat head screws in the first place).
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
View users profile Send private message
Evedell
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Cobalt flux problems.. Reply with quote

Nicknicholas wrote:

Secondly, The black textured arrows give me problems. I have to put most of my weight on the X arrow to get it to register. I mean I am putting over 100lb of pressure on it just to get it to hit.

Uh, to solve one problem, the arcade mod disables the use of the arrows it covers.
If you intend to use the x arrow, I suggest removing the mod.
Nicknicholas
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks E4.gif . I guess I will remove the mods. Everything is working great now, but the screws are still giving me a little bit of trouble. Does anyone know how to use it with stepmania? because I just can't get it to work.
Nicknicholas
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, All the brackets are off. When I removed the black textured piece there was no normal arrow below it. I thought that is ok, as long as the sensors are their, but their is a wire attached to the black square and I'm not sure how to go about removing it.
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Cobalt flux problems.. Reply with quote

Evedell wrote:
Nicknicholas wrote:

Uh, to solve one problem, the arcade mod disables the use of the arrows it covers.

No it doesn't - it just raises them. They're supposed to still be usable. Unfortunately, the black mod is designed in a way that makes the corner buttons hard to trigger (they work better with the clear mod).

IIRC, the black mod actually replaces the panels it covers (I could be remembering wrong) while the clear mod only adds to them. So if you remove the black mod, you'll be stepping on the sheet metal itself, which is probably a bad idea since it's not meant to take a beating like the panels themselves are.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
Nicknicholas
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I basically stripped the pad. I took off all the screws on the middle and four stepping arrows. I took out all the plastic sheets and ripped out the logos. The middle is no longer raised. I really like this layout. The arrows are sensitive enough to trigger with my pinky.
I know a cobalt flux can be ran over by a car, so I don't think this will be bad. Will not having the plastic sheet/screws mess anything up? I'm getting some really good scores and its a lot easier to pass hard songs. Does anyone have instructions on how to take the black textured panels off? I see a wire on the corner of one and I don't want to mess with anything. The one problem I have left is that I stub my toe againsts or my sock gets stuck. Yesterday I got holes in three socks, and it completely ripped one half.
Nicknicholas
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summary of the remaining problems
* How to hook it up to stepmania. The adapter doesn't seem to work.
* How to take off the arcade mod textured black step.
* Will taking off the plastic layers above the logo and taking out all the screws harm the pad?
Nicknicholas
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I put all the screws back in, all the latex layers and brackets. Now its just as it came except without the logos. It works great now. Although, I occasionally rip my sock on a bracket. I just can't use shoes. when I use shoes I can't double step at all. I cross over most of the time, but any time where I have to hit two arrows close to each other I'm just too slow. I mean my charlene score dropped aobout 6% with shoes and I can't even pass all the 11s with shoes.
When I put everything back on my right arrow started squeaking. Its on the inside edge and it doesn't really feel as solid as the other arrows and it never did feel quite as solid. When I took off the metal sheet everything looked ok.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: