Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Metal Pad Site Question?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoBoRsXs
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Metal Pad Site Question? Reply with quote

Has any1 ever used this site? http://www.ddrgame.com/pcdancepad.html??

is this 1 a good pad? http://www.ddrgame.com/dance-dance-revolution-pc-champion-arcade.html
View users profile Send private message
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRgame, if you do a search here on the forum, you'll find does not have a good reputation. And their products are way overpriced.

The second link in your post - the "Champion Arcade Metal Dance Pad with Handle Bar" looks to me like a TX-2000. There's a TX-1000 - the only difference is the bar in the 2000 and the bar, from everything I've read here is utter garbage.

You can check the topics here in the Bemani Controllers for TX-1000 and TX-2000 too!
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, everything that i've played on from ddrgame isnt very good. (currently im trying to mod the hell out of one so its good)

im not too sure, but that one looks like one that i've played on, and it wasnt good. it wasnt sensitive, the arrow panels were all cracked, etc.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TX2000's are actually decent pads if you tear them apart and just rebuild them around the sturdy welded aluminum frame as soon as you get them. Otherwise, all of their pads are total ripoffs that you could build in your garage in an hour for a fraction of the price.
MyChemicalRomance
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm , i was planning on buying 2 dance pads and a convertor from ddrgame, do you know of another site that is more reputable? my local gamestop doesnt' sell the convertor i need so i'll probably have to order online.
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only sites I recommend for buying metal pads are Cobalt Flux and RedOctane. I've had bad experiences with pretty much every other metal pad website other than the 2 I mentioned.
icr4ck3r
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recomend Videogamecentral.com cause their pads are decently priced and their promise for a effective pad. I got a tx6000 on their lasted 2 years and still working like new. all for $250
LoBoRsXs
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ddrgame.com/dance-dance-revolution-energy-arcade.html

how about that 1 i found it on amazon for $330 shipped. i want 1 with a bar
LoBoRsXs
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW what's the best ps2>PC converter cause i bought 1 from ebay and it doesnt work with my mat it wont let me press 2 buttons at same time
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR Game pads suck horribly, no matter where you buy them from. I bought a foam pad from them and it broke 1 week later. I don't think their metal pads would be any better.

Regarding PS2-USB adapters, I've always used an EMS USB2 adapter. I bought mine back in 2004 from Lik-Sang (when it still existed). It works great with most pads, minimal to no lag. You can buy it here, but if your computer doesn't have a floppy drive, you'll have to download the drivers here.
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icr4ck3r wrote:
I recomend Videogamecentral.com cause their pads are decently priced and their promise for a effective pad. I got a tx6000 on their lasted 2 years and still working like new. all for $250

I went to that site and was like WHA? seeing CF's being sold there, including their Commercial/School line. Just commenting on how surprising that was, given the other metal pads they sell there.

LoBoRsXs ... please, listen to people here, do NOT buy anything that has DDRGame on it, ok? Even on Amazon - it's still the same product. And Amazon has reviews - if you read them, I think you'll find most people there think DDRGame's a total ripoff.

If you're going to spend that kind of money, get a CF or Afterburner (depending on $ and how long you want to wait) ... forget BS, they're never in stock! and do a quick search here on the forum - there is a how-to build your own bar
LoBoRsXs
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yukihime wrote:
icr4ck3r wrote:

I went to that site and was like WHA? seeing CF's being sold there, including their Commercial/School line. Just commenting on how surprising that was, given the other metal pads they sell there.

LoBoRsXs ... please, listen to people here, do NOT buy anything that has DDRGame on it, ok? Even on Amazon - it's still the same product. And Amazon has reviews - if you read them, I think you'll find most people there think DDRGame's a total ripoff.

If you're going to spend that kind of money, get a CF or Afterburner (depending on $ and how long you want to wait) ... forget BS, they're never in stock! and do a quick search here on the forum - there is a how-to build your own bar

I got $400 for a metal pad and i put it asside just 4 that. I want 1 with a bar already on it cause i am very very very bad at building and editing objects i have bad experiences lmao. I want a blueshark though :*( if they are never in stock how do people get them?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: