Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Rock Band 2 ION Drum Kit, where to buy?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Rock Band 2 ION Drum Kit, where to buy? Reply with quote

i've been calling around to local best buys, circuit citys, gamestops, and frys to get release dates and prices for the ION drum kit for RB2. no one seems to have it in their system or even know what i'm talking about besides the GS people. anyone know where i can even go to buy this thing? or when it will be available?

Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty sure you have to order it online.

https://www.drumrocker.com/preorder/index.php
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Ashes2Ashes
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this be made to work with GHIV's five note setup? I would hope so, but it seems like if you have two of the same colored cymbals they activate the same motes as the non-cymbal pad of the same color. Just wondering because if I buy this I would like to get the full experience for GHIV as well even though they're technically "Rock Band" drums, none of this LOL U HAEV OLNY FORE DRUUMS NEWB.

A woman on Team WIMN... Lolz
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashes2Ashes wrote:
Could this be made to work with GHIV's five note setup? I would hope so, but it seems like if you have two of the same colored cymbals they activate the same motes as the non-cymbal pad of the same color. Just wondering because if I buy this I would like to get the full experience for GHIV as well even though they're technically "Rock Band" drums, none of this LOL U HAEV OLNY FORE DRUUMS NEWB.

thats up to activision to deal with. there are 7 different strike pads each with its own input into the console (brain) of the drum. so the game knows whether you are hitting a cymbal or a drum. it just happens that in normal RB gameplay, it doesnt make a difference other than personal drumming style.

from the drum rocker site:

Quote:
Q: Will Drum Rocker work with other games, or just Rock Band?
A: Drum Rocker is designed to work with Rock Band 2, and is compatible with the original version of Rock Band as well. If other music games choose to use the standard drum controller layout that was pioneered by Rock Band, then Drum Rocker should work with them. If other games choose to use a different drum controller layout, those games will not be compatible with Drum Rocker.

For example, Activision has stated that Guitar Hero World Tour will work with Xbox 360 Rock Band drum controllers, which means that Drum Rocker should work with Guitar Hero World Tour in the same way that the core Harmonix drums will work.

Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder when they will have one for PS3

or if they will restock the MIDI model

Last edited by Opethian on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
-X-
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're far and away best served by ordering it from Amazon - no tax and free shipping, plus whatever promotions you may be eligible for if you haven't used them yet (credit card, Bill Me Later, etc.).
Initial D: V2 - Mazda RX-7 Type R [FD3SI] Racer Level: 28 / Battle Level: 23 / Bunta: 30/18/26/26 V3 - Mazda RX-8 Type S [SE3P] Racer Level: 29 / Battle Level: 27 / Bunta:15/15/10/10/10/10/15/13 *1 Tourney entered, 1 Tourney won E4.gif *
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: