Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

These forums are WAY too strict...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crunchwrap
Trick Member
Trick Member

100. PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AA Bob wrote:
crunchwrap wrote:
AA Bob - here's one example of the mods being a pain (although this is really a mild example): http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=125447&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20 Those are the times they take advantage and make you frustrated knowing you can't post again because it's locked.

Wow, you're letting yourself get worked up over that? He wasn't taking advantage of you. He actually had some good points, and if defending your position is that big of a deal to you, PM him.

Even if the mods do try to get on your nerves, why should it bother you? For someone who says "I don't take these forums seriously", you sure take the mods' comments awfully seriously.

Edit: In fact, I challenge you to show us how unseriously you take this site: don't ever post in this thread again. After all, it shouldn't matter, because you aren't the slightest bit serious about DDRFreak. Right?

About a week ago, and before that, I always used to take these forums as entertainment, and for a good laugh. Now, this website is starting to get to me a little more. Wanna hear something funny? Yesterday I was about to log off for good, but I had already turned my computer off. Now I'm saying this seriously: I'm logging off of DDR Freak for good and will most likely never return. I will not read the next post after this one. I'm finally hittin' the old dusty trail as I should've before. Goodbye, DDR Freak.
View users profile Send private message
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

101. PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crunchwrap wrote:
AA Bob wrote:
crunchwrap wrote:
AA Bob - here's one example of the mods being a pain (although this is really a mild example): http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=125447&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20 Those are the times they take advantage and make you frustrated knowing you can't post again because it's locked.

Wow, you're letting yourself get worked up over that? He wasn't taking advantage of you. He actually had some good points, and if defending your position is that big of a deal to you, PM him.

Even if the mods do try to get on your nerves, why should it bother you? For someone who says "I don't take these forums seriously", you sure take the mods' comments awfully seriously.

Edit: In fact, I challenge you to show us how unseriously you take this site: don't ever post in this thread again. After all, it shouldn't matter, because you aren't the slightest bit serious about DDRFreak. Right?

About a week ago, and before that, I always used to take these forums as entertainment, and for a good laugh. Now, this website is starting to get to me a little more. Wanna hear something funny? Yesterday I was about to log off for good, but I had already turned my computer off. Now I'm saying this seriously: I'm logging off of DDR Freak for good and will most likely never return. I will not read the next post after this one. I'm finally hittin' the old dusty trail as I should've before. Goodbye, DDR Freak.

TOXX CLAUSE PLEASE
Contributor
Contributor

102. PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crunchwrap wrote:
Wow - why would people even sign up for that website's forums - it's a Gestapo state! Not that I'm liking this one either...

Simple: It's largely troll free, leet-speak isn't welcome, stupidity is ridiculed, and people actually tend to think about what they're about to post as opposed to firing off random crap. It tends to lead to the novel concept of DISCUSSION.
Trick Member
Trick Member

103. PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeehaw McKickass wrote:
crunchwrap wrote:
Wow - why would people even sign up for that website's forums - it's a Gestapo state! Not that I'm liking this one either...

Simple: It's largely troll free, leet-speak isn't welcome, stupidity is ridiculed, and people actually tend to think about what they're about to post as opposed to firing off random crap. It tends to lead to the novel concept of DISCUSSION.
or he could go to fyad, get ripped a new asshole, and find out first hand what happens when forums are truly free.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cooljdude
Trick Member
Trick Member

104. PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually don't think these forums are very strict at all. Very reasonable. I have had like 4 or 5 locked threads, and not a single warning point. I really don't think these arre as strict as you all think.
ihcw.stefank687
Trick Member
Trick Member

105. PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules on here are so lax lol. I randomly get bored at work or when I'm drunk and post stupid stuff. I've gotten like... all of 3 warning points. People really need to stop being jerks about people bumping old stuff with an INTELLIGENT ADDITION though. If its still good info, bumping is better than making a whole new conversation and losing the whole old arguement. This is kinda a long running thread so I'm not worried about bumping it for like...2 weeks or w/e. MAYBE I SHOULD MAKE A NEW THREAD? oh wait no. All in all, the moderation here is actually one of the "better" ones that i've seen. Its not too strict(you can say what you think and not worry about it too much) but they also keep a ton of he garbage out of here.
jason_the_canuck
Trick Member
Trick Member

106. PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, like I always say, if you do not like it someplace, do not visit it at all, go someplace else that makes you happy E13.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

107. PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it really necessary to bump this topic just to say that? Crunchwrap hasn't post on this topic since April.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
BX^3
Trick Member
Trick Member

108. PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He must like the site again since he's back. But he needs to leave, Soymilk Charlie needs to be back on his quest of being really annoying.
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

109. PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i demand that cruchwrap be banned for coming back after he says he was leaving for good that kind of drama is exactly what we need to get rid of
Trick Member
Trick Member

110. PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't think the forums are too strict. The only problem is that there are a lot of little comments that don't qualify for points, but can still be considered flamebait. RC was starting to get insane. I hope this forum stays like it is, so it has a long life and doesn't end up like this one.
ceiling.Kimmy
Trick Member
Trick Member

111. PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ QWERTY wrote:
RC was starting to get insane.

I don't know if it's just me, but I thought RC was really getting boring recently. But otherwise, I really hardly think these forums are strict at all.

It's really leinient here and I've seen members be able to get away with things that wouldn't be able to fly on other forums. Infact, I think this is the only forum that's as "free" as it gets with opinion since it allows political and religious discussion with a certain amount of "control".
pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

112. PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerely hope I do not get into any trouble for posting this boom.gif When I first read the policies and rules, I was intimidated to the point of second thoughts about joining. I have some questions, but I am afraid of violating some rule. I can't figure out how to use the search -- it comes up with nothing when I type "Stepmania" (I don't know if it is case-sensitive), and I am rather certain I have seen that word more than once within these forums. I am the type who has trouble reading -- searching 90-some pages to make sure my question hasn't already been asked is quite tedious for me. However, if that is what I am supposed to do, I guess I can try to learn not to be an idiot or something. I beseech any administrators, moderators, or whoever possesses authority not to warn me, for I most certainly do not intend to cause trouble.

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
­Laundry
Trick Member
Trick Member

113. PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you search a term that has a lot of results (like dance, stepmania, etc) the forum search just sort of gives up for some reason

but we have a forum basically exclusively for stepmania (DDR PC and Simulators) if that's what youre looking for
stuffmonger
Trick Member
Trick Member

114. PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yrdnuaL wrote:
when you search a term that has a lot of results (like dance, stepmania, etc) the forum search just sort of gives up for some reason

but we have a forum basically exclusively for stepmania (DDR PC and Simulators) if that's what youre looking for

Not always. I have a problem with the search option not giving any results, ever, because of the firefox version I use, apparently.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: