Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Red Octane Afterburner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkmaster_6
Trick Member
Trick Member

880. PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found there phone

1-888-737-8038

that is red octains phone number for any one that wants it

toll free btw
View users profile Send private message
DarkCSE
Trick Member
Trick Member

881. PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might have been mentioned, but I can confirm the Afterburner doesn't work on DDR Universe w/ the usb adapter.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

882. PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCSE wrote:
It might have been mentioned, but I can confirm the Afterburner doesn't work on DDR Universe w/ the usb adapter.

that makes me a very sad panda. i was very much looking at getting one of these because of the recessed arrows (i cant stand CF's because they're entirely flat).
Basic Member
Basic Member

883. PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it/would it be hard to get the bottom off this pad if I wanted to restring the wiring? How difficult is it for someone with no experience?
Terra (Red)
Trick Member
Trick Member

884. PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Sorry for the bump on this topic. But this seems like the best place to ask on the forums.)

Been thinking about buying one of these pads with my tax return money. But looking at some of the reviews here I'm not so sure. Do they still have all these arrows not working problems? I don't want to spend $250 or so on something that will just work for like 3 months and start messing up or something. And I've tried the ignition 3.0 and heard about the problems with it too.

And how much is shipping usually? I would assume around at least $50 to GA where I'm at.
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

885. PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've seen someone who put a bar on their Afterburner once. It wasn't on a wooden base, but rather, actually stuck to the blank space on the back of the pad.

Does anyone know how to do this?

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

886. PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some urgent Afterburner help!

I just bought a used one recently and it's in very nice condition, but the guy who sold it to me couldn't find the USB adapter when he was ready to ship.

I plugged my Ignition's USB adapter onto it, but nothing from the pad registers on my computer when I do that.

Do I need a driver, or do I just need to either A) Find the correct USB plug somewhere else? B) Get a PS2 to USB adapter and just use that.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

887. PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DARREN HAYEZ wrote:
I need some urgent Afterburner help!

I just bought a used one recently and it's in very nice condition, but the guy who sold it to me couldn't find the USB adapter when he was ready to ship.

I plugged my Ignition's USB adapter onto it, but nothing from the pad registers on my computer when I do that.

Do I need a driver, or do I just need to either A) Find the correct USB plug somewhere else? B) Get a PS2 to USB adapter and just use that.

i think one of my friends might have an extra USB dongle for her afterburner, i'll check. not sure if the ignition one will work, but try doing the up+start+select thing and see if stepmania will detect it.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

888. PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll try that next time I start it up.

If she's got an extra cord, that would be much appreciated!!

yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

889. PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo, this topic hasn't been updated in awhile.

I'm seriously considering getting one of these (from someone here on the forum).

How's the quality of the pad/controller box/arrows/foil, all that good stuff. I'll be using this with PS2, so I'm hoping to hear that there aren't problems connecting the pad to that.

I'm NOT a diy person for many reasons, and I also don't have a ton of cash (on a fixed income).

However I do want to go to a metal pad, the TX on ebay I'm just like NO. Can't afford a CF or Blueshark - and they're so much heavier, I probably couldn't lift them!

So, I'm wondering how peoples' AB are holding up, any current problems with the later ones (like within the last 6 months or so) - things like arrows cracking, the X and O not working, anything at all.

I do note on RO's site the replacement arrow page? says out of stock. That could potentially be a problem if a panel breaks.

Weight-wise, sensitivity-wise, anyone in the 115lb range? Is the pad sensitive or do you have to really stomp - which is not my style. That hurts too much!

Finally, is there a link with very clear instructions on the sheet metal mod I've read about? Be curious to see it. Don't know if I could actually do it, but would like to have a look.

Any reviews/advice appreciated!

Darren, hope you got your USB adapter E1.gif
Pezzle
Trick Member
Trick Member

890. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks, I'm getting slightly annoyed with Red Octane.

It seems like they never have the Afterburner replacement parts in stock. I have needed a new control box for it for a while (I tried some after market one on eBay with no success) and finally I've moved from my house and the control box has gone completely missing.

So, be that as it may I wanted to order a new one but it's out of stock. I checked 3 years ago and it was out of stock then too, and subsequently every time I checked in that time period. All the customer service guy said to me was "We have no news of stocking that item THANKS!" didn't even answer my damn questions.

I don't like having a 300 dollar paperweight, so if anyone has some suggestions to those of us who can't solder for crap, please fire away.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

891. PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pezzle

You know, I wrote to RO re: replacement arrows. Had them listed on the site, but "out of stock". I know they had the control boxes IN stock about 3-4 weeks ago? I took a quick look for Darren in case he did in fact need to order one from them. A few days after writing inquiring about when replacement arrows would be back in stock - that page completely disappeared from the site and hasn't come back. NOT a good sign.

I am trying very hard to get 3 bills paid off or as close as possible this month so I can get a metal pad. RO afterburner was initially my first choice.

Now? tbh I wouldn't touch one. 99% of the site is nothing but GH, they seem to have come close to abandoning DDR. I'm surprised the pads are in stock!

There's just no way I can justify spending $200 + s/h for something I can't get support or parts for. If I want to throw money away on a metal pad, I'd get a TX-1000 or blade or whatever cheap variation is out there (which I'm not - I'm crazy, not stupid). I'll just save a little more and get myself a CF (unless DT gets things together!) E13.gif
Sicore.
Basic Member
Basic Member

892. PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have seen many negative reviews for this pad, so I thought I would share one of the few positive stories. I have had my Afterburner for about 2 and a half years now and I am still very happy with the platform. Very sensitive, responsive, good feel and relatively low impact unlike a cobalt flux. I occasional have issues with ghost stepping but it is always a loose screw, so a quick fix with the screw driver and im ready to go. I play 10s regularly and 13s on ITG, for 2 years, this pad, when well maintained can hold out for a long time under serious punishment. The foil has never been replaced, strong and intact. The only negative thing I have to say about the Afterburner is the panels, they are thin, I have only ever cracked one though, i weigh 140 lbs but stomp hard.

Great investment, and cheap for the quality.

One suggestion though, if you have the money and are willing to wait, go for a Blueshark, they are phenomenal platforms.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

893. PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More on the panels - we used 4 AfterBurners at Sakuracon 2008 simply because that was what was available. By the end of the Heavy bracket tournament, we had cracked a total of seven panels; none of the LEDs worked on any of the pads, and two of the pads had encountered problems in the wiring.

However, they worked, and when they did, they were sensitive and easy to play on. They're easy to modify, and easy to fix. I'd actually recommend these for someone who is looking for a cheap pad with a brand name who is willing to do some modifications.

Care for these pads is very similar to care for TX-1000's because the design is pretty much identical. I think I put a full maintenance guide for a TX-1000/AfterBurner style pad somewhere on this site. I'll try to dig it up if someone wants it.
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

894. PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu(SMC) wrote:
More on the panels - we used 4 AfterBurners at Sakuracon 2008 simply because that was what was available. By the end of the Heavy bracket tournament, we had cracked a total of seven panels; none of the LEDs worked on any of the pads, and two of the pads had encountered problems in the wiring.

However, they worked, and when they did, they were sensitive and easy to play on. They're easy to modify, and easy to fix. I'd actually recommend these for someone who is looking for a cheap pad with a brand name who is willing to do some modifications.

Care for these pads is very similar to care for TX-1000's because the design is pretty much identical. I think I put a full maintenance guide for a TX-1000/AfterBurner style pad somewhere on this site. I'll try to dig it up if someone wants it.

Interesting. DF, are you saying that the AB is basically a "souped up" tx-1000? ... something like this: http://www.cyphergames.com/dadarextv3me.html ... as in maybe the wiring's better, the base is about 1/4" thicker, weighs about 15lbs more and it's bigger? I think a maintenance guide to both would be a good thing!
Future Master
Trick Member
Trick Member

895. PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long does it take to recieve a red octane afterburner after you've ordered it? Is the shipping free for ground shipping? Is there any taxes for it? Are the brackets connected to anything or do they just go over the plexiglass arrows?
Cyberxion
Basic Member
Basic Member

896. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Future Master wrote:
How long does it take to recieve a red octane afterburner after you've ordered it? Is the shipping free for ground shipping? Is there any taxes for it? Are the brackets connected to anything or do they just go over the plexiglass arrows?
I ordered one on Wednesday, and got free FedEx home shipping. I checked the FedEx site this morning, and it's on the truck, due for delivery today. However, I'm in New Mexico, and it looks to have shipped from Colorado, so your mileage may vary.

I'm not sure what the charges are for different shipping options, given that I just accepted the offer of free UPS home delivery shipping. Check the FAQ available on the RO site.

There were no taxes for New Mexico, but I did note that they do charge tax for a couple of states. I can't remember which states those are off the top of my head, so again, I'd suggest going to their site and checking the FAQ. E1.gif

In fact the FAQ should answer most of your questions pretty well.
St3ph3n
Basic Member
Basic Member

897. PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i received mine today great pad
LoBoRsXs
Trick Member
Trick Member

898. PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so do the buttons press down and go up like arcade?
randomdragoon
Basic Member
Basic Member

899. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I want to confirm that this pad works with Stepmania (on Vista) before I go spend money on it. Anyone know?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 45 of 46

Jump to: