Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

100% TTFAF Expert
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flameboat
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpop'n floss wrote:
but does anyone care when i FC something difficult in PIU? no. And why should it be different for guitar hero?

They're damn music games. who cares if hes the first person to full combo a damn song? im sure in a few weeks more and more people will FC it until so many people have pased it no one gives a frick.

Did you FC one of the couple of hardest songs in PIU? Because I would care.

If you're against music games as a means of competition, well, to each his own, I guess. But the fact is that most of the time, in pretty much any competitive medium, once someone hits a milestone, the competition will step up soon enough; it's still a big deal that it happened in the first place, and the person who did it first deserves recognition IMO.
Averze
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This coming from a complete outsider who randomly stumbled across this thread:

I think its pretty cool that this has been done. I don't have anything against iamchris, even if he were a total douchebag it shouldn't matter. At the whole "its just a stupid game" argument... well... yeah it is a stupid game, but its the principle behind the game that makes it noteworthy. Like... if it requires time and effort to be able to FC a song, then you need lots of determination and skill to be able to do it - regardless of what it is (in this case Guitar Hero). So personally I find the "stupid game" remark a little irrelevant because its obviously true, but that doesn't really matter because FCing TTFAF (iirc) is pretty darn hard and if it takes lots of time to repeatedly play a song over and over... well clearly iamchris4life took the time to do that, didn't he? It doesn't really make him a "lifeless retard" or anything like that. And it certainly doesn't mean......

oh frick it this thread is totally gone... =/ I'll never come back to read replies to this anyway goog.gif

PARANOiA ~LOL~
MAX Kick-Me-In-The-Balls Mix
Fascination ~Epilepsy on ur Feet Mix~
CHAOS-now-with-782-pauses-to-memorize
Hospitalizing-Vision with-crossovers-to-break-your-ankles
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
steve0
Basic Member
Basic Member

22. PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this isn't even out of most guitar hero "pro's" reach.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: