Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Activision trademarks DJ Hero, more ideas stolen

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Activision trademarks DJ Hero, more ideas stolen Reply with quote

SOUNDS ORIGINAL, DOESN'T IT!
View users profile Send private message
El Band Geek
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Activision trademarks DJ Hero, more ideas stolen Reply with quote

Travis Touchdown wrote:
SOUNDS ORIGINAL, DOESN'T IT!

OH MY GOD THAT'S AMAZING. I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT!
tekkie
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In before Dancing Hero.

4 panels. 30 songs. All by Linkin Park.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No word on if they're actually making the game, but it'll be interesting to see how Konami responds.
Opethian
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe they will rip off crackin DJ and have it all turntables only

Last edited by Opethian on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus christ guys. IIDX ripoffs existed before this. EZ2DJ, DJ MAX Portable, stuff like that. It's obvious this is a ripoff, but whats the big deal? Its not like they're forcing you to buy it or something, and activision just likes money. Do i think it will suck? Yes, it will probably be like guitar hero where you can hit a key a second late and have it count. Also, don't act like reviewers don't know any music games. Look at IGNs guitar hero reviews, they always mention guitar freaks and on the rock band review they mention drummania. Sure, xplay sucks rooster, but thats why we dont watch xplay.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Weston
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it doesn't interfere with any future beatmania IIDX releases, I'd like to see what they have to offer before I judge it. I thought Crackin' DJ would be a lame beatmania ripoff when I heard of it, but it's a completely different experience and holy hell I want to play it now.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
B4ULoveShine
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I can see it now: the IIDX elitist legion, who worship and wave Konami's flagship proudly, will gonna get all pissy. laugh.gif

On the other hand, I could see this game get an M, on the grounds of my dreaming of playing Fuck tha Police, by N.W.A, Me so horny by 2 Live crew, and some Eminem, for good measure, in this game.
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim! wrote:
Yes, I can see it now: the IIDX elitist legion, who worship and wave Konami's flagship proudly, will gonna get all pissy. laugh.gif

On the other hand, I could see this game get an M, on the grounds of my dreaming of playing Fuck tha Police, by N.W.A, Me so horny by 2 Live crew, and some Eminem, for good measure, in this game.

this game getting an M would be retail suicide. I expect the songlist to be mainly hip hop/popular trance artists, but most of the hip hop will more than likely be editted. The guitar hero games edit a lot of their music BTW.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Dan Druff
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Activision trademarks DJ Hero, more ideas stolen Reply with quote

El Band Geek wrote:

OH MY GOD THAT'S AMAZING. I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT!

I wonder if DJ Hero will use the same controller or something very similar to the beatmania controller. If it does, then we can debate on which controller is better.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frequency and amplitude ripped off beatmania long ago, except they put a cool twist on it.

to be honest though, im totally for this idea. i would love to play beatmania with modern contemporary american music. the song lists in stuff like guitar hero and more specifically rock band have a LOT of really great music that is a lot of fun to play. not a bunch of in-house, written-for-the-game stuff. there's a reason guitar hero and rock band are more popular than any bemani game will ever be in the states.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frequency/Amplitude and Beatmania are similar in that you push buttons to make a beat. Beyond that, they're completely different.

It's like saying Space Channel 5 ripped off Simon.
Wait..
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's konami's fault for not being smart enough to mass market their rhythm games to people in america that weren't weeaboos... as has obviously been shown by guitar hero/rock band
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually looking forward to this if it ever gets released. It gives us folks without modded PS2s something good to play since BM US was complete garbage.

I doubt this will even get a PS2 release though. Probably 360/PS3 only. Then Wii many months later (a la Rock Band).
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: