Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Rock Band discussion thread.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Rock Band discussion thread. Reply with quote

yeah thers a thread about the songlist, but i figured instead of bumping an old thread id make a new one to discuss thing like your band names. pics of your band in action wouldnt be bad as well.

anyhow, i got the game for christmas and holy crap its amazing. Best music game i think i've ever played. get a few friends over and playing band world tour mode is so awesome.

anyhow, my band name is ass-lightning. we pwn and lack a vocalist.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
skillz187
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

considering most of my friends aren't very good i can't get far with them on band world tour mode, although singing and playing guitar i got far on my own.

i also beat the game on guitar on expert, beating all of the bonus and download songs to, of all the songs ride the lightning and the intro of joker and the thief gave me the most trouble.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

god, the rock band fender controller SUCKS!!! i traded mine in today at a local gamestore and got around $30 for it. I also traded in DDR hottest party and GH2 for PS2 and picked up the GH3 bundle with the wireless guitar. ITs loads better and now i have 2 proper guitar controllers for rock band(one explorer and 1 les paul).

the gibson les pauls rock. i like them much better than the strats and explorers.

hit me up on xbox live if you feel like playing rock band sometime
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Tenchi50
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Sawyer ftw.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love this game. i beat the guitar solo tour on hard and got up to green grass and high tides on expert... so much for that. i beat the drum solo tour on hard and am working on expert now (though... its starting to get way harder).

here's my characters i mainly use:

Krysti

Keryn

Matt

Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To replicate my conundrum in another thread...

What is the sign-in code for mic?

It does not work!!! Yah!
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock band is fun.

GIVE ME CHALLENGES!!!!

[quote:f53f3badc5="Simo!?(brb)"]IHCW!!![/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who here wants to start a rock band band with me? i can play expert guitar/bass, medium/some hard on drums, and can't sing for my life. I also have some DLC.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i got replacement drums in the mail and they're worse than my originals.... well yellow blue and green work great, but red is unplayable. so i mailed them back and will request new ones when they arrive.

in other news i'm rankes #113 overall for Move Along (expert) on drums. its probably my favorite and most fun song to play.
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
so i got replacement drums in the mail and they're worse than my originals.... well yellow blue and green work great, but red is unplayable. so i mailed them back and will request new ones when they arrive.

in other news i'm rankes #113 overall for Move Along (expert) on drums. its probably my favorite and most fun song to play.

im considering sending in my set.....they arent giving me very good performance lately and doing fast hits on them is hard. what do you have to do to send them in and do i need anything?
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_jpoppyz_ wrote:
cfusionpm wrote:

im considering sending in my set.....they arent giving me very good performance lately and doing fast hits on them is hard. what do you have to do to send them in and do i need anything?

since they've been getting umpteen thousand problem orders, the process is really streamlined and simple. go to support.ea.com/rockband fill out the little thing and click submit. they mail you new (well... im guessing most of these are just refurbished models other people have returned) drums in a few days. you send your drums back in the box that the new ones came in; postage is already paid for and printed for you.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, when i do that little survey thing, do i just lie and say it doesn't work when i plug my drums in? there doesn't seem to be a return option if you aren't getting satisfactory performance out of your drum set.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"it doesnt work" means it doesnt work perfectly. they just use that as a blanket statement; unless they changed the site since the last time i went there.

edit: yeah, you only get two options:

What type of issue are you experiencing?

My Drum Pads do not work.
I received the wrong Drum Pads.
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, apparantly if the drum set gets a connection with the 360, it works.

i think i'll just lie and get the new one.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no they're just testing to see if the problem IS the connection. (IE broken hub, broken USB port; something not their fault) if it still doesnt work after that, the conclusion is the drums are faulty. and like i said, anything other than perfect condition is faulty.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Guitar Doesn't Work Reply with quote

So I bought Rock Band a few days ago. Just opened it up today and the yellow fret on the guitar doesn't work! Oh well. I submitted a replacement request on the EA website. Thankfully I have another guitar I can use.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Still Alive" from Portal confirmed for RB
View users profile Send private message
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Touchdown wrote:
"Still Alive" from Portal confirmed for RB

oh my fuck. words cannot describe my elation. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess 3rd time's the charm. i got my 3rd drum set today and it seems to be virtually flawless. i just used enter sandman as a test:

i missed all of 3 notes, each of which were my own fault. so... i guess i dont need to replace this one! i LOVE these drums.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see Rock Band getting some lovin'. It looks like I might be getting mine soon!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: